Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Mhsc said:

I do think the scouts should get a BIT more trust than we're giving them, after picking up Cole Palmer, Gusto, and Nicolas Jackson as little known and affordable options that turned out to be really quite promising players (to say the least). Most of our horror signings really predate the current setup.

They have obviously not excelled at CB or GK so far but otherwise most of the signings they have brought in with the intention they would actually be in the squad as serious options for the year are looking very promising and ended the season strongly.

If they (especially Joe Shields) have a hard on for Duran then I would get behind the lad and see what he can do when he's in. May well surprise a lot of people.

Seems like Joe Shields is the golden hand right now. Everything that he picks is spot on. Let's see if that continues. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I always boast that Guyanese people are basically bilingual. Speaking our regional version as well as the 'standard' version. What's more, most of us speak better standard English than many who are born here. There are obviously some exceptions I see. 🙂🙂

im not from guyana, just like the flag 🥰

15 hours ago, Pizy said:

Kvara would be incredible but De Laurentiis would probably quote us £100m for him.

€120m to €130m

Kvaratskhelia: Napoli President De Laurentiis ignores PSG offer and sets asking price

https://football-italia.net/kvaratskhelia-napoli-ignore-psg-bid-price-tag/

Kvara’s agent, Mamuka Jugeli, has confirmed an offer from PSG for his client. However, while Gazzetta reported on Tuesday that the opening bid was close to €80m, a new report on Wednesday’s page 15 claims the proposal was even lower, at circa €60m.

In any case, according to the pink paper, ADL didn’t even consider PSG’s offer as the Napoli owner will only sell Kvara for twice as much.

De Laurentiis believes Kvaratskhelia and Osimhen have a similar transfer value so considering Osimhen’s €130m clause, his teammate won’t leave unless suitors pay almost the same fee.

14 hours ago, Thor said:

I don’t think there is many 100 mil players out there I trust to be actually worth that much. No out and out surefire things imo. 

players I would pay at least £100m for

Jude Bellingham 
Erling Haaland 
Vinicius Junior 
Kylian Mbappé  
Phil Foden 
Bukayo Saka 
Florian Wirtz  
Jamal Musiala  
Federico Valverde 
Declan Rice 
Rodri  
Rodrygo   
Lautaro Martínez 
Victor Osimhen  
Rafael Leão 
Khvicha Kvaratskhelia  
William Saliba 
Josko Gvardiol   
Ronald Araujo 
Eduardo Camavinga

close, but not atm

Aurélien Tchouaméni  (perhaps soon)
Lamine Yamal (soon I can see it, but the lad is still only 16)

and the top of the rest

Martin Ødegaard
Bruno Guimarães
Gavi  
Pedri 
Xavi Simons

27 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Yeah like Willian had a better season when everyone else around him was shit in 2015.

hehI think you both make good points.

I'm more on the team that the club needs to assess Conor ceiling, not his current level. This is always hard to do tho.
The leadership does work strongly in his favor tho; we've got nobody else atm. 

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Best player right now. If they can convince her, this would be a landmark signing.

Would be a great signing for sure. The women are so much better run on every level compared to the men right now. Mostly bc Clownlake keep their fingers out of it. If it ain’t broken don’t fix it. A major factor in the disparity between the men’s loser mentality and the women’s champions attitude is that the latter have thtat continuity, a legacy of success being passed on. While on the men’s team there are no more 2017 title winners, only 2 2021 CL winners and almost no members of the 2004-13 golden decade in any capacity at the club. We lost a lot of the know how what it means to win titles due to that Clownlake clear out of the entire club structure . 

WHU is about to announce Luis Guilherme 18 from Palmeiras on a ~20m deal (can reach 30m).
He's a really good winger with intensity and skill, and given his age can improve plenty. Smart buy IMO.

He played a lot for Palmeiras in the past 2 seasons despite his young age.

Edited by robsblubot

6 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Super talented?   The kid has potential for sure but he played like 10 times for Santos first team before we decided to spend 15 million on him. 

That's what I don't understand about signing and hoarding all these 18-19 year old players when they haven't even played a full season of first team football for their clubs in South America. 

Compare that to Angelo Gabriel, there's at least a decent sample size as he played 100 games for Santos before signing for us and then he was able to develop this season in Ligue 1. 

Need to give Angelo another Loan at Strasbourg maybe in another 40 games this coming season he actually manages to score a goal.

Julian Alvarez or Jhon Duran to Chelsea?

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/145539829/julian-alvarez-or-jhon-duran-to-Chelsea

7a932336-6472-4577-bebe-690cbfbef218_518

c70cd46e-2869-443d-9f3f-7f9fda168c65_565

Julian Alvarez is not a player Manchester City want to lose, but it's clear he wants some guarantees over playing time. That makes the situation open. When players like Raheem Sterling and Cole Palmer went to Pep Guardiola and explained they wanted a new challenge, the Manchester City boss was very understanding. He might not be as accommodating with Alvarez given his importance to the team.

Manchester City got £45m and £40m for Sterling and Palmer respectively, and Alvarez's price tag would be significantly more. At the moment, there is no specific number, but £70m+ is understood to be the ballpark. There is concrete interest from Paris St-Germain, and they have budget following Kylian Mbappe's departure.

Chelsea could be one to watch, but they haven't yet made any kind of meaningful approach. I still sense Jhon Duran might be ahead of Alvarez given he's cheaper and only 20. Chelsea have faith in Nicolas Jackson and Christopher Nkunku can be used as a false nine, so Chelsea's recruitment team aren't as worried as they perhaps were earlier in the year about adding someone already proven or Premier League-seasoned.

And the key point with Alvarez is that Manchester City don't want to sell. They will do all they can to persuade him of his importance to the team. He featured in 54 games last season and made 31 starts in the Premier League. Manchester City still view Alvarez as integral, so the Argentine would have to really push to get a move, and hope his high price tag is met. An exit can't be ruled out, but Manchester City will be fighting to stop one.