Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

9 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Wings is priority number 1 for me.

In terms of numbers we had very good return from wingers. 

Palmer 25+15

Sterling 10+8

Madueke 8+3

Mudryk 7+2

50 goals 28 assists in 51 games 

Plus from Madueke and Mudryk we can only expect improvements since potential is huge. 

Central defenders must be priority. 

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Palmer 25+15

Sterling 10+8

Madueke 8+3

Mudryk 7+2

Plus from Madueke and Mudryk we can only expect improvements since potential is huge. 

Palmer has been playing centralized when we've had our best results.

Sterling was clearly not trusted enough to start many matches.

Mudryk numbers are poor and his overall contribution in matches is even worse; loses pretty much every 50/50 sometimes does not even try.

Madueke clearly struggles against physical defenders as it happened in the last few matches.

Completely disagree with the bolded part. I can't understand how one can look at Palmer play, then look at Mudryk and Madueke and talk bout "huge potential" 🤷‍♂️
We are not supposed to be a club to wait until players learn to play at the level we need them to be at. How many years are we going to wait for them to learn to play football? We need ready players and if Madueke improves he will get more minutes. Mudryk should be elsewhere not good enough for a sub.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Palmer 25+15

Sterling 10+8

Madueke 8+3

Mudryk 7+2

Agreed. Thiago replacement, preferably with some pitch authority is paramount. Was in favour of a target No 9, but we have seemingly have enough fire power without - if Sterling is offloaded (unlikely now) and Broja (more likely) then this needs to be addressed

Madueke has always been great, could never understand the detractors. Racists. Mudryk is showing recently the potential he has. Hopefully the disruption from Poch exit is minimal and 24-25 Season we can carry on the current form. Being Chelsea we wont.

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Olise rumors popping up again. 

Can only see it happen if we sell one of Mudryk/Madueke. Probably Madueke is the one who we could realistically sell. Low wages. 

Prefer Nico Williams, healthy and we need greater options on the right. 

Posted (edited)

Would think Olise is United bound, by all accounts been identified by INEOS long ago & also Dan Ashworth. Was rumours going round that Dan Ashworth was keen on taking him to Newcastle last season.

Anyway. Are we not meant to be signing the next Brazilian big talent for the first team for basically £50m? Who is a left footed right winger? Or is this supposed generational talent kid that good, that we are going to sign Olise instead 😂?

I mean it’s a bit ridiculous already considering we have Omari Hutchison & Angelo too who were apparently signed with a view of playing in the first team. A right winger is much lower down on the priority list. If any wingers were to be upgraded on, I’d loan/sell Mudryk first in a heartbeat. Sterling could be a rotation player/back up if we got a very good first choice player. Although with this crowd be another player with 21 career games aged 19 or 20.

We already have Noni who featured heavily towards end of the season as well so doubtful we will buy 2 left footed right wingers if this sure thing deal for the Brazilian kid goes through. Noni, who like Mudryk is a bang average footballer, will have his role in the squad as part of dumb & dumbers masterplan. These don’t like their authority or knowledge questioned. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

28 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Olise rumors popping up again. 

Can only see it happen if we sell one of Mudryk/Madueke. Probably Madueke is the one who we could realistically sell. Low wages. 

That’s the one I’d keep given his hard work and overall characteristics (physically).

would like to have less direct options as starters, like Palmer for ex. Mudryk and madueke started way too many matches due to nkunku and enzo fitness issues, and I can’t just assume that can’t happen again… esp nkunku given his history.

Nkunku for me is twice the player than either one tho.

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Wings is priority number 1 for me.

lucas paqueta officially charged by FA — what a dumbass. .

we are fucked at CB even if Trevoh is not sold, which it sure looks like he will be sold

Posted (edited)

Ronald Araujo to Chelsea transfer news

https://www.football-espana.net/2024/05/23/Chelsea-open-talks-with-large-offer-for-barcelona-defender

6ae0f1d20e82d3eade5686dc21dc9e4a.png

Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo has been linked with a number of sides in recent months, as he profiles as the prime candidate to exit the Catalan capital for a big fee this summer. There has been some debate over whether reported Aston Villa interest is real, while Bayern Munich and Manchester United have been in contact with his agents in 2024 too. Now Chelsea have appeared on the scene too.

As per MD, Chelsea have opened talks with Araujo with a major offer for the Uruguayan to improve his circumstances. The 24-year-old has always maintained that he is happy at Barcelona, but contract talks have stalled for the last few months, with his deal up in 2026, and has not ruled out a move.

Seemingly United told Araujo that they would move for him if he manifested a desire to leave Barcelona, while Bayern held talks with him in January, albeit a move did not come to fruition. The German giants remain on the scene, but Thomas Tuchel’s replacement will need to greenlight any deal.

Edited by Vesper

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

we are fucked at CB even if Trevoh is not sold, which it sure looks like he will be sold

Sure, the right side is dire esp because the better CBs play on the left. I think that's slightly easier (cheaper too) to fix than adding quality on the wings tho... like keeping Trevoh?

I just look back at this season and cannot imagine competing for anything with Mudryk and Madueke on the wings. Most opposition have the same quality, some better, and the best PL teams have a lot better (quality and options).

If Nkunku is fit, and Sterling gets his shit together, maybe things could be different next season, but that's a lot of ifs. The reality is that Nkunku was unavailable for most of the season, and Sterling was a well-paid passanger.

I really don’t get the Olise thing at all. For me the interest in him should’ve died when he rejected us at the last moment in the summer and decided to stay at Palace. And if it didn’t die then it should’ve again once we signed Cole Palmer since they’re extremely similar players who occupy the same area on the pitch.

Attacking midfield should be the last area we should be concerned about this summer. Nobody is taking in Sterling’s monster wages (he probably also wouldn’t want to leave anyways) and I think Mudryk & Madueke are useful players to have. Then there’s the whole “we just bought twenty 17 year old future superstar” thing.

26 minutes ago, Mário César said:

so we need to sell mudryk, sterling or madueke

who you prefer?

Sterling is a complicated feeling thing that can only be answered internally (manager, coaches, and physios). Another season like this? no thank you.

Definitely keep Madueke and sell Mudryk, which I hardly think is possible. Sadly, I think the only sellable of the 3 is actually Noni (physical, tall, hard-working and on low wages). Sterling must be on super high wages.

I like the fact the club is looking at the wings tho. This whole thing is still a competition and our opponents have much better options there atm. And that's counting Nkunku who will need to remain fit for most of the season.

16 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Sterling is a complicated feeling thing that can only be answered internally (manager, coaches, and physios). Another season like this? no thank you.

Definitely keep Madueke and sell Mudryk, which I hardly think is possible. Sadly, I think the only sellable of the 3 is actually Noni (physical, tall, hard-working and on low wages). Sterling must be on super high wages.

I like the fact the club is looking at the wings tho. This whole thing is still a competition and our opponents have much better options there atm. And that's counting Nkunku who will need to remain fit for most of the season.

so we would have nkunku (sterling) to right wingers and olise, palmer and madueke to right wingers

the problem is what will do when estevao and paez arrive to the club