Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

17 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Actually this is interesting:

Last season in 50 games we scored 50 goals and conceded 56.

This season in 36 games so far we have already scored 64 goals and conceded 49.

So in 14 games less we scored 14 goals more. This is huge difference. But with 13 PL games left and one more at least in Cup it is clear we will concede more than last season.

So imo defense has not been good at all even last season but this season it is even worse. But by the look of it Poch improved our attack and this is still with Nkunku out for most of the season.

Last season best goalscorers had: 9, 9, 4, 3 goals.

This season they are on: 12, 10, 8, 7, 5, 4, 4.  So much better and like I said still plenty games to play.

Too many variables to even establish correlation much less causation. Different attacking and midfield players with different intent and capacity of defending. Goalie, FBs, the whole team changed!

I like Colwill, but not sure yet about Badiashile. Disasi is too slow for the PL esp if you don't want to play with a low block.

Silva has overstayed his welcome by a a season or two.

So, even tho I don't buy the relation above (unless it were about American football and with the same defense coach 🙂 ), I do think we need CBs esp given that Fofana is perma wrecked 

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

A manager who when he probably leaves Portugal, will fail in a much more competitive league against better teams and better managers. No thanks.

He won't be short on offers, just like Alonso and De Zerbi.   Will be interesting to see where Amorim & De Zerbi end up in the manager merry go round. 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He won't be short on offers, just like Alonso and De Zerbi.   Will be interesting to see where Amorim & De Zerbi end up in the manager merry go round. 

Liverpool , Bayern and maybe real Madrid will need new managers , all ex clubs of Alonso so he will end up at one of them. 

Utd might also need a coach , de zerbi might go to barca

I'd go for amorim, girona coach or emery , but I've no doubt we will stick with the mediocre poch or get another loser like Laurent blanc 

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

or maybe he said no to us...just like Luis Enrique and Nagelsmann

Could be; Still, my point is that whole unnecessary narrative around it like careful analysis, picking the absolute best of best, data driven, deep insight blah blah blah probably burnt more bridges than was needed. I can see that our owners really tend to put themselves in situations that are hard to back up from and fix the mistake (contract and pr-wise). And they do some mistakes.

On 22/02/2024 at 09:47, ulvhedin said:

Whole Napoli team were shit last night, definietely not the best game to judge player 

Actually those are the best types of games to judge players on for us. It's not like we're gonna play good any time soon, so a player standing out positively in otherwise shit team performances is a good sign for us. Any average player can stand out in a well-drilled team, Caicedo and Cucurella being prime examples. But it takes something special to impress in a team with no cohesion or play patterns, a la Hazard - that's where you want to splash hundreds of millies around.

FC Copenhagen image.png.434eb0a9c46bef5e4f3653888854b549.png

• Roony Bardghji - a strange case for one of best talents in Europe. From being top scorer with ten goals for Copenhagen to… zero minutes in first games of 2024. The reason is that Bardghji has no intention to sign a new long term deal - from the summer, he will only have 18 months left on his contract with several top clubs monitoring him

2 hours ago, Mário César said:

we need to offer a gift to mikel for his work eheh

glad he found his calling--wasted a decade trying to play football. 😃
Caicedo now at 20yo is is twice the player.

23 hours ago, lucio said:

Liverpool , Bayern and maybe real Madrid will need new managers , all ex clubs of Alonso so he will end up at one of them. 

Utd might also need a coach , de zerbi might go to barca

I'd go for amorim, girona coach or emery , but I've no doubt we will stick with the mediocre poch or get another loser like Laurent blanc 

Yeh and with INEOS taking over United, they're getting Dan Ashworth and apparently he's keen on working with Potter again...

I feel like we would end up with De Zerbi as the owners seem to love anything related to Brighton....

22 hours ago, manpe said:

Any average player can stand out in a well-drilled team, Caicedo and Cucurella being prime examples

Caicedo isn't average, not his fault that the club were stupid enough to pay 100+ million for him.   I bet he would have looked just as good as his Brighton days at Liverpool.  How is that Klopp gets new midfielders and they seem to be able to work in his tactics from day 1 (that guy they got from Leipzig, Gravenberch, MacAllister are all new to Liverpool)....but at Chelsea every player takes so long to figure things out. 

10 hours ago, robsblubot said:

glad he found his calling--wasted a decade trying to play football. 😃
Caicedo now at 20yo is is twice the player.

I'm sure Mikel would just laugh and look at his trophy collection from his time at Chelsea, hopefully Caicedo gets to lift a trophy someday and repay that mammoth price tag. 😆

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Caicedo isn't average, not his fault that the club were stupid enough to pay 100+ million for him.   I bet he would have looked just as good as his Brighton days at Liverpool.  How is that Klopp gets new midfielders and they seem to be able to work in his tactics from day 1 (that guy they got from Leipzig, Gravenberch, MacAllister are all new to Liverpool)....but at Chelsea every player takes so long to figure things out. 

In terms of technical ability, passing range , ball control , goal contribution he’s actually well below average. I doubt Liverpool even wanted him , just forced us to pay more after high jacking their lavia bid , who’s actually a good player who would have thrived at Liverpool, assuming he would be fit there 

7 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I'm sure Mikel would just laugh and look at his trophy collection from his time at Chelsea, hopefully Caicedo gets to lift a trophy someday and repay that mammoth price tag. 😆

Hehe well, he had a few (more like several) WC players around him to help out back then.

Seriously though we complain about caicedo’s passing, but he can hit a long ball and assist rarely tho (still 20yo).
The one thing he has in common with Mikel right now is the absolute inability to shoot and score goals.

caicedo is quick and very mobile—the opposite of Mikel.

Despite the shortcoming in caicedo a game he’s still more useful than Mikel was.

Edited by robsblubot

I was dead wrong about Edson Álvarez

he has been great for West Ham as their main DMF, and overall probaly has been their best player, at least consistently

vastly better player at than either Enzo or Caicedo, especially Caicedo