Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He's almost 28 and has never played European football. Form is temporary. 

Osimhen would join us in a heartbeat. The issue is getting a deal done, which will probably be even harder considering his recent extension. 

We are literally stockpiling talent at this point. Money going down the drain for fun.

What are you talking about „has never played European football?“ The opposite is the case for Guirassy

28 is literally the perfect age for a striker. We could use someone with experience and good form to help us right now and salvage something from the season if that is our objective. If the season is a write off anyway then stick with what we got but if there is some ambition to maybe win a cup we should go for someone who can finish his dinner. Broja is useless and Jackson will always be wasteful without a prolific finisher he can learn from around 

I am not even a guirassy fan but for 15m there is no risk. Having said that there is no way he would come here. Clubs who are not in total chaos are lining up for him too . 

55 minutes ago, lucio said:

What’s the point, we missed out on the baller Ugarte anyway 

He looked bang average for PSG in the CL. Caicedo is better he just hasn't got going properly yet.

The striker position is cursed, completely and utterly. We can go on and keep buying these voids and hope they work but unfortunately the likes of Jackson are just simply rubbish. There is no guarantee with Osimhen either, just because he will be about 100M doesn't mean he will work.

I'm hoping Nkunku can stay fit and can set the world alight but there is always the injury curse which will hit again with him in the coming weeks you can bet good money.

It's just sad.

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

He looked bang average for PSG in the CL. Caicedo is better he just hasn't got going properly yet.

he pisses all over caicedo , way more mobile and comfortable on the ball. Caicedo has 0 technical ability or speed so his scope to improve is basically nothing 

1 hour ago, lucio said:

he pisses all over caicedo , way more mobile and comfortable on the ball. Caicedo has 0 technical ability or speed so his scope to improve is basically nothing 

0 technical ability? I'm not quite sure I agree with that. Caicedo has alot more in his locker than what he has shown with us so far. He needs to find his feet and play with confidence... you'll see.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

What are you talking about „has never played European football?“ The opposite is the case for Guirassy

28 is literally the perfect age for a striker. We could use someone with experience and good form to help us right now and salvage something from the season if that is our objective. If the season is a write off anyway then stick with what we got but if there is some ambition to maybe win a cup we should go for someone who can finish his dinner. Broja is useless and Jackson will always be wasteful without a prolific finisher he can learn from around 

I am not even a guirassy fan but for 15m there is no risk. Having said that there is no way he would come here. Clubs who are not in total chaos are lining up for him too . 

Show me his European competition experience - Serhou Guirassy - Stats by competition | Transfermarkt 🤔

He reminds me exactly of Modeste. How did he fair at Blackburn, btw?

28–33 might be the prime years for a striker of note rather than someone who's just finding some form (hit double figures only three times in his entire career). There is no risk of having more deadwood lying around if he doesn't fare better than what we already have....

That's precisely the problem right there.

51 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Show me his European competition experience - Serhou Guirassy - Stats by competition | Transfermarkt 🤔

He reminds me exactly of Modeste. How did he fair at Blackburn, btw?

28–33 might be the prime years for a striker of note rather than someone who's just finding some form (hit double figures only three times in his entire career). There is no risk of having more deadwood lying around if he doesn't fare better than what we already have....

That's precisely the problem right there.

He only started top flight football in 2016 and has slowing been improving  shown by his current result

guirassy.jpg

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

image.png.0af64761bc3a70deaf919cc94b193412.png

You proved yourself wrong there 

Obviously he has more European experience than a major part of our squad. 🤔

But that is not even the question. Rather why is that even relevant when we will not play in Europe for years 

i don’t see any similarity to modeste. Completely different playing styles and modeste was at Blackburn when he was comparatively inexperienced. 

Guirassy has decent reputation in Bundesliga. We would just sign him on a short term contract. For 15m that would not be a problem financially and he would be easy to move on.

However, Guirassy yes or no is not even the point. Point is, we can use an experienced, reliable goalscorer to show our younger strikers the ropes and chip in with a few goals himself. Even better if that player is dirt cheap. For me, Guirassy fits the bill but you are welcome to suggest someone else. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

6 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

He only started top flight football in 2016 and has slowing been improving  shown by his current result

guirassy.jpg

That's the standard we're after now?

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

image.png.0af64761bc3a70deaf919cc94b193412.png

You proved yourself wrong there 

Obviously he has more European experience than a major part of our squad. 🤔

But that is not even the question. Rather why is that even relevant when we will not play in Europe for years 

i don’t see any similarity to modeste. Completely different playing styles and modeste was at Blackburn when he was comparatively inexperienced. 

Guirassy has decent reputation in Bundesliga. We would just sign him on a short term contract. For 15m that would not be a problem financially and he would be easy to move on.

However, Guirassy yes or no is not even the point. Point is, we can use an experienced, reliable goalscorer to show our younger strikers the ropes and chip in with a few goals himself. Even better if that player is dirt cheap. For me, Guirassy fits the bill but you are welcome to suggest someone else. 

Thank you for correcting me. 

The relevancy is that the calibre of player we should be after mightn't be what it once was under Mourinho or Conte, but we shouldn't be after players that are many levels below (IMO), with any sustainable room for improvement being unlikely. He isn't a Ba/Giroud sort of target who already knows the league.

Broja, Fofana, Jackson, Washington, and throw in another CF that won't do much because he's cheap. Haven't we already seen what happens when we just throw money about for any standard of player, resulting in our current predicament?

As for suggestions, I've mentioned Muriel for the past four or five windows (alongside Osimhen) would be an ideal option, especially considering the style of player we're trying to play/implement or even enquire about Lacazette, whose contract expires next summer & knows the league. Suggestions aside, I still think we need to buy a CF that isn't another gamble or just here to make up the numbers for a few months.

Edited by LAM09

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

That's the standard we're after now?

Thank you for correcting me. 

The relevancy is that the calibre of player we should be after mightn't be what it once was under Mourinho or Conte, but we shouldn't be after players that are many levels below (IMO), with any sustainable room for improvement being unlikely. He isn't a Ba/Giroud sort of target who already knows the league.

Broja, Fofana, Jackson, Washington, and throw in another CF that won't do much because he's cheap. Haven't we already seen what happens when we just throw money about for any standard of player, resulting in our current predicament?

As for suggestions, I've mentioned Muriel for the past four or five windows (alongside Osimhen) would be an ideal option, especially considering the style of player we're trying to play/implement or even enquire about Lacazette, whose contract expires next summer & knows the league. Suggestions aside, I still think we need to buy a CF that isn't another gamble or just here to make up the numbers for a few months.

I agree with your points but enquiring about a washed up Lacazette would be no different to the situation we had with Aubameyang.  There's a reason why Arsenal were more than happy to offload them (Aubameyang being a bad influence on the younger players and Lacazette couldn't even get to 5 goals in the 21/22 PL season). 

There should be decent experienced strikers available within the Premier League. 

53 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I agree with your points but enquiring about a washed up Lacazette would be no different to the situation we had with Aubameyang.  There's a reason why Arsenal were more than happy to offload them (Aubameyang being a bad influence on the younger players and Lacazette couldn't even get to 5 goals in the 21/22 PL season). 

There should be decent experienced strikers available within the Premier League. 

I think Lacazette's issue was more to do with how Arsenal were set up. Jesus has exactly lit things up over there with talk of another CF being a high priority for them.

A few people mentioned Mitrovic, who was a decent shout before going abroad. Another name that came to mind was Awoniyi, but there are a number of issues that would likely work against the idea (AFCON being a major one).