Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

30 minutes ago, Vesper said:

only two RBs on the planet can replace Reece to any sort of remotely the same level (and I rate a HEALTHY James over both)

and one has not played RB in years

Achraf Hakimi  
Joshua Kimmich

thank FUCK we have Malo (I see some here slating him the past few weeks, which is madness in my book)

other acceptable pure RBs (the CB Mohamed Simakan is a solid RB as well)

are

(note: Trent Alexander-Arnold  is so bad defensively I would lose it if we bought him, as he would cost an insane amount)

italics means not available

Jeremie Frimpong
Pedro Porro 
Nahuel Molina   
Benjamin Pavard
Noussair Mazraoui 
Matty Cash    
Vanderson       
Nordi Mukiele 
Joakim Maehle (can play both LB and RB)
Sacha Boey 
Iván Fresneda 
Arnau Martínez   

Benjamin Henrichs  
Amar Dedic  
Alexander Bah
Rasmus Kristensen 
Ridle Baku
Saël Kumbedi   
Stephane Singo  
Kiliann Sildillia
Djed Spence
Bafodé Diakité 
Brandon Soppy 
Devyne Rensch

Didn’t Maehle just switched club?

10 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Our talent ID was so excellent this summer, how on earth did we get to Johnson

Other than Tyler Adams too . I’m certain we’d choose barcola over Brennan 

Medical was apparently done yesterday, media work was apparently done this morning. Where’s the Lavia announcement? We need some good news to wash away all the depressing stuff today, Chelsea! 😭😭😭

Also need him ready for West Ham on Sunday!

Btw, unless the system we used in preseason was purely for preseason, I don't think we need to stress that much about losing James, Poch was building in a 3-2-5 attack system where only one fullback went forward and the other stayed back with the CBs. Having one very attacking / good fullback was critical but not both sides required it. So, if Chilly is fit probably the 3-2-5 has Chilly going forward and Malo sits deep. If Chilly is out, probably Malo becomes the attacking forward and Cucu or Maatsen sit deep with the CBs.

The biggest loss is that we've lost our Captain and that bit of leadership on the field. The system can easily cope and thrive without him. This is a big upgrade from Tuchel/Potter era in itself.

Edited by Mhsc

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah was about to add that Poch's system isn't entirely dependent on wingbacks as we saw under Tuchel. 

I would certainly hope that the 3 at the back system we used against Liverpool was a “needs must” situation because Poch didn’t have the midfielders he needed yet. If Caicedo and Lavia are both in by Sunday I assume we immediately revert back to a back for with 3 midfielders.

25 minutes ago, Mhsc said:

Btw, unless the system we used in preseason was purely for preseason, I don't think we need to stress that much about losing James, Poch was building in a 3-2-5 attack system where only one fullback went forward and the other stayed back with the CBs. Having one very attacking / good fullback was critical but not both sides required it. So, if Chilly is fit probably the 3-2-5 has Chilly going forward and Malo sits deep. If Chilly is out, probably Malo becomes the attacking forward and Cucu or Maatsen sit deep with the CBs.

In that system it would be much better with Chilwell going up to have Disasi, Silva and Colwill sitting deep. Or when RB is up James/Gusto to have Silva, Badiashile and Colwill sitting in the back. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

We should buy El-Nesyri instead. Underrated striker 

A number of players from the Moroccan NT deserve more praise.  

1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

Didn’t Maehle just switched club?

Yep. He joined Wolfsburg less than a week ago.

Edited by LAM09