Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 clubs interested in Marc Cucurella 

Arsenal

Atletico

Nottingham Forrest

FC Barcelona

Inter Mailand

Newcastle were also interested but have now opted for Lewis Hall.

Story with @siphillipssport

Edited by mkh

Breaking: Chelsea have been dealt a double injury blow with Reece James and Trevoh Chalobah sustaining hamstring issues in training this week. James is not expected to make a swift return from his injury.

Via @TheAthleticFC

Chalobah stays

only two RBs on the planet can replace Reece to any sort of remotely the same level (and I rate a HEALTHY James over both)

and one has not played RB in years

Achraf Hakimi  
Joshua Kimmich

thank FUCK we have Malo (I see some here slating him the past few weeks, which is madness in my book)

other acceptable pure RBs (the CB Mohamed Simakan is a solid RB as well)

are

(note: Trent Alexander-Arnold  is so bad defensively I would lose it if we bought him, as he would cost an insane amount)

italics means not available

Jeremie Frimpong
Pedro Porro 
Nahuel Molina   
Benjamin Pavard
Noussair Mazraoui 
Matty Cash    
Vanderson       
Nordi Mukiele 
Joakim Maehle (can play both LB and RB)
Sacha Boey 
Iván Fresneda 
Arnau Martínez   

Benjamin Henrichs  
Amar Dedic  
Alexander Bah
Rasmus Kristensen 
Ridle Baku
Saël Kumbedi   
Stephane Singo  
Kiliann Sildillia
Djed Spence
Bafodé Diakité 
Brandon Soppy 
Devyne Rensch

Well, that Chalobah injury could explain why the Lewis Hall potential sale came out of nowhere. The club we surely planning on selling Trev for pure profit and then he got injured and will be forced to stay. So instead Hall has to go to help balance the books.

Isnt Barcola and Olise rivals for the RW spot in the French U-21's?

Olise should switch back to being English really if he wants to stay at Palace..more likely to be capped at senior level under Southgate than France. 

Palace are ideal club for some players.they have quality fans who are beyond loyal,quite stress free,have a laugh,every game a cup tie,have a pat on the back and a participation certificate for trying regardless of result aslong as stay up,live in London even if it is the more stabby part..

Olise has world class potential but if don't fancy the challenge then he's not gonna make it. 

Chelsea news: Roy 'The Walking Fossil' 🤪 Hodgson explains why Olise stayed at Palace

https://theprideoflondon.com/2023/08/17/Chelsea-roy-hodgson-michael-olise/

Crystal Palace head coach Roy Hodgson explains why winger Michael Olise stayed with the Eagles rather than signing for Chelsea. The Blues seemed certain to sign the athlete – so what went wrong?

Palace co-owner Steve Parish couldn’t help himself but gloat in a rather cringeworthy and self-serving way manner as he personally made an announcement on Thursday lunchtime. The CPFC chairman oddly announced the extension of Olise’s Palace contract on his Twitter (or X, eyes roll) page which linked to another personal social media account on Instagram. Best day of your life there, Steve? Eagles manager Hodgson was more respectful, moderate and appreciative of the renewal; not that he was gentle with Sheffield United’s Max Lowe. The former England boss, 76, was delighted and relieved to have Olise in his squad for the current campaign after almost losing him to the bigger and more powerful outfit. Hodgson understands the importance:

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson on Michael Olise signing a new deal: “It’s the best possible news we could have. We have been concerned, one is concerned if a club the size of Chelsea’s stature start to take an interest in a player and suggests that a move to their club might be the best bet. I have always hoped that wouldn’t be the case and that Michael would realise that at such a young age his future here is very bright and we can help him move very quickly to another level, if that is going to happen in time.”

Hodgson later added: “I had a long chat with him when the subject was first broached but that was a long time ago at the start of pre-season.

“I made it clear to him just how much I enjoy working with him and how much respect I have for him as a player and what potential I think he has as a player.

“And in that I suggested that I thought being at Crystal Palace and playing here would be the best option but I also made it clear that I wasn’t going to put him under any unnecessary pressure.

“He had pressure from all sides so I could only tell him honestly what I think from my side. I’m always here if he wants to discuss it further. As a result, we speak everyday but I’ve shied away from asking ‘what are you going to do?’ or giving him further advice. He knows what I’ve got to say and I just hoped we’d get the answer we want.”

BBC Sport

Chelsea supposedly interested in Lyon’s Bradley Barcola

According to a report from France, Chels‘ are now competing against Paris Saint-Germain in a transfer sense, as opposed to on the pitch. Though PSG are still said to be ‘hopeful’ of securing Barcola eventually, in spite of an initial offer being declined. RMC Sport claim that a €30 million bid was rejected by Lyon for their attacking star.

Because of the aforementioned failure to lure Olise to Stamford Bridge, the Blues are now ‘pushing’ for the another young Frenchman. As Barcola is only 20 years-old, this move from CFC will be seen as another attempt to monopolise the best growing talent in the footballing world. The forward’s quality is proven in Europe with an eye-catching eight assists and seven goals in 31 matches last season. At present, the Villeurbanne-born man has not agreed terms with any external clubs; his valuation is apparently around €50m.

Thank god we have Malo.

Extremely controversial question: would you consider offloading Reece James over his injury problems? He is our Captain and amazing when fit, but are these problems ever going to go away? Is he worth 250k a week when he plays so rarely? Does he have a realistic future playing RB and being fit for even half of a season?