Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

True if just going off  as a pure defensive midfielder.Claude is probably the greatest ever and really when he was with us he was our on pitch leader. Quite different players tho from Mak and Kante.where as Moises is kinda a combination of the two but with better passing.

Not saying whos better, just that these type of midfielders are part of our identity. 

Meslier is a horribly overrated keeper. His expected saves have been double digit negative the last 2 seasons, to the point he was statistically one of the worst stop shotters in the prem.

He just has this hype around him from a few good saves in his first season in the prem and his age. He has not developed in the slightest, if anything he has regressed.

Swear to god if we get him, it'll genuinely cloud the entire transfer window for me 😫

14 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Meslier is a horribly overrated keeper. His expected saves have been double digit negative the last 2 seasons, to the point he was statistically one of the worst stop shotters in the prem.

He just has this hype around him from a few good saves in his first season in the prem and his age. He has not developed in the slightest, if anything he has regressed.

Swear to god if we get him, it'll genuinely cloud the entire transfer window for me 😫

Did you see that Leeds team last season and the season before, prime Buffon would have struggled 

45 minutes ago, Nero said:

He's too good for number 2 GK

Disagree. He’s made too many mistakes the last 18 months and performed pretty averagely. If he is our target for number 1 - no thanks.

much better gks out there, we just loaned one to Madrid and signed one from Brighton and both of them are pretty average.  

1 minute ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Did you see that Leeds team last season and the season before, prime Buffon would have struggled 

Doesn't excuse the individual mistakes that he made that literally lost his team games. He's simply not good enough for us.

18 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not saying whos better, just that these type of midfielders are part of our identity. 

When you said Makalele>Kante>Caicedo using the > is usually meant as they are in order of whose best hence my previous comment but understand what you meant now.

Whilst maybe one or two teams still for now have a better midfield 3 none are going to dominate us there anymore and in the near future i've faith that they will become the best trio in the world.

And as i've previously stated,pretty sure we playing a 4-3-3 or variants of a 3 man midfield as our primary formation and that the 4-2-3-1 was just a case of Poch getting certain players some game time to give them a look etc..just not recruited for that formation enough to convince me it was intended to be the primary one.

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

Sanchez made one or two passes that stopped my breath, but his arial dominance was so so refreshing. I really hope that the new GK we get is tall and strong. I get how important is ball playing these days, but having a huge keeper is a must in my book.

40 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

True if just going off  as a pure defensive midfielder.Claude is probably the greatest ever and really when he was with us he was our on pitch leader. Quite different players tho from Mak and Kante.where as Moises is kinda a combination of the two but with better passing.

Is Moises more of an Essien?

2 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Sanchez made one or two passes that stopped my breath, but his arial dominance was so so refreshing. I really hope that the new GK we get is tall and strong. I get how important is ball playing these days, but having a huge keeper is a must in my book.

Our keeper and Club Captain -signed for 50 quid in 1900

bd161d24f443fc39d96daade710421ab.jpg

Why is this too good to be number 2,not start creeping in with the Keeper position? Sanchez aint prime Southall,Banks or Cech.none of our players should be free from good competition let alone an only decent to good player like Sanchez.

Edited by Duppy Conqueror

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Lavia is that good?

I wanted Caicedo badly and that's it, but is Lavia really that good that we can't get from anywhere else?

Where is @Vesper with the DM list of other top targets available? 

I post them all the time, but here they are again

this is very expansive

this includes hybrids

italics means basically no chance

DMFs

Aurélien Tchouaméni  
Joshua Kimmich  
Bruno Guimarães 

Roméo Lavia 
Amadou Onana

Martín Zubimendi (too similar to Enzo I fear)
João Palhinha (so expensive, and already 28, if he was £40m or so, I would say hell yes)  
Khéphren Thuram
Stanislav Lobotka  poison dwarf owned
Cheick Doucouré   
Ismaël Bennacer    pass
Ibrahim Sangaré  I don't rate him, would perhaps end up Bakayoko 2.0
Mohamed Camara  
Teun Koopmeiners   
Sofyan Amrabat 

Manuel Locatelli   
Danilo  
Guido Rodríguez   turns 30yo in April 2024, so would have to be a pretty damn cheap price
Samuele Ricci  
Florentino 
Salis Abdul Samed 
Nicolò Rovella 
Arthur Vermeeren 
André    Fluminense Football Club   
Mats Wieffer  
Lucas Gourna-Douath  
Habib Diarra   
Alan Varela  
Raphael Onyedika  
Santiago Hezze 
Federico Redondo 
Aníbal Moreno
Gabriel Moscardo   Sport Club Corinthians Paulista (is only 17)

Hybrids

Eduardo Camavinga 
Frenkie de Jong 
Nicolò Barella (hard AF pull)
Mikel Merino 
Manu Koné  
Frank Anguissa  poison dwarf owned
Rodrigo de Paul 
Nicolò Fagioli  
Marcos Llorente 

Ryan Gravenberch 
Eljif Elmas  poison dwarf owned
Maxence Caqueret 
Warren Zaïre-Emery  (is only 17, and will be a hard AF pull)
Fabio Miretti 

Edited by Vesper

52 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Our keeper and Club Captain -signed for 50 quid in 1900

bd161d24f443fc39d96daade710421ab.jpg

he beat the shit out of refs, lol

WILLIAM FOULKE AND THE LEGEND OF THE GIANT GOALKEEPER

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/02/11/william-foulke-and-the-legend-of-the-giant-goalkeeper/

William-Fatty-Foulke.jpg?fit=2480%2C1690&ssl=1

Soccer League Division Two Chelsea Photocall Stamford

William Foulke: Chelsea's cult hero you probably never knew about

William "Fatty" Foulke51Q9JA4S1BL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

William « Fatty » Foulke, l'ancien gardien de Chelsea qui pèse lourd dans  l'Histoire - L'Équipe

Edited by Vesper