Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Felix has a tweet that the owners of Liverpool flew in to cry to the league in person about Chelsea's spending. Not sure I believe it. They would have lawyers cry for them.

Waste of CO²

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Felix has a tweet that the owners of Liverpool flew in to cry to the league in person about Chelsea's spending. Not sure I believe it. They would have lawyers cry for them.

not our fault they are poor. Poverty club

I think the argument for Lavia has to be that Caicedo is so good as an 8 that he's a little wasted as a DM (you know, the same argument about Enzo playing there), in which case a DM would unleash them both to play as 8s which would be quite a terrifying prospect for opponents.

If Caicedo is going to play as a DM and we're looking for another midfielder, I'd be more interested in K. Thuram than Lavia - a lovely Kovacic replacement who is conveniently 6ft4 and we could use the height for sure.

35 minutes ago, lucio said:

thats just todays market , random teenagers who have never set foot in europe cost 20m. Getting another midfielders of lavias ability will cost around the same most likely anyway

Is he really that good right now though? I get he had some good games for Southampton last season but I am still very skeptical of him and don’t think he’s even the player Liverpool need yet alone us. 

People are going for the potential as opposed to how he can play right now. And for £60m, when we are already getting Caicedo, have Enzo, Santos, Gallagher and the other player we signed from Rennes… wouldn’t a GK and CF not be more important and better spent?

One of Lavia or Caicedo I understand yes but not the two of them. Logically it doesn’t make sense because Enzo and Caicedo will play 90% of the games they are fit for. Then everyone sat raving about Santos in pre-season. Can’t have too many players in the same position even to spite Liverpool. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Just now, pmh1 said:

David Ornstein!

The Liverpool forum is probably not a safe place today. I have seen their fans ranting that whomever is handling transfers needs to be sacked,

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Is he really that good right now though? I get he had some good games for Southampton last season but I am still very skeptical of him and don’t think he’s even the player Liverpool need yet alone us. 

People are going for the potential as opposed to how he can play right now. And for £60m, when we are already getting Caicedo, have Enzo, Santos, Gallagher and the other player we signed from Rennes… wouldn’t a GK and CF not be more important and better spent? One of Lavia or Caicedo I understand yes but not the two of them. 

I think he's excellent already. Ugo will probably go to Strasbourg or elsewhere on loan. Gallagher might be sold but even if he stays he should play further forward. Santos will be an interesting backup but shouldn't be rushed.

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The Liverpool forum is probably not a safe place today. I have seen their fans ranting that whomever is handling transfers needs to be sacked,

That's interesting, because they got a point in a tough away match. We tied at home.

While they do look defensively vulnerable, they also look pretty good in attack esp early first half.

They were absolute shit once Klopp put the kids in late in the second.

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

I think he's excellent already. Ugo will probably go to Strasbourg or elsewhere on loan. Gallagher might be sold but even if he stays he should play further forward. Santos will be an interesting backup but shouldn't be rushed.

But wouldn’t having Lavia and Santos in the squad not defeat the purpose? Both need to play minutes and both would be virtually fighting for the same role no? They are definitely going to play with Enzo or Gallagher as more defensively minded player in a pivot. So unless Santos will be loaned - which would of happened by now you’d of thought his signing wouldn’t of been a huge priority now we are getting Moises.

I mean if we sign him yeah cool but I don’t think or see him playing very often if Caicedo and Enzo stays fit because Poch is going to eventually resort to a 4231 you would imagine based off of pre-season and his stints in England beforehand (although 343/352 was a nice surprise on Sunday). And Lavia still has a lot to learn, which Santos also does so if they both stay as part of the squad, wheres the minutes coming from for them both? We have no European football so thats another 8-10 games or so minimum this season.

£60m that could have been used towards a GK and another ST though. I mean may happen yet but if we don’t see a loan for either of Santos or Ugochuwku sorted pretty quickly if Lavia signs, I would be concerned.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Gallager is being sold for sure

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

But wouldn’t having Lavia and Santos in the squad not defeat the purpose? Both need to play minutes and both would be virtually fighting for the same role no? They are definitely going to play with Enzo or Gallagher as more defensively minded player in a pivot. So unless Santos will be loaned - which would of happened by now you’d of thought his signing wouldn’t of been a huge priority now we are getting Moises.

I mean if we sign him yeah cool but I don’t think or see him playing very often if Caicedo and Enzo stays fit because Poch is going to eventually resort to a 4231 you would imagine based off of pre-season and his stints in England beforehand (although 343/352 was a nice surprise on Sunday). And Lavia still has a lot to learn, which Santos also does so if they both stay as part of the squad, wheres the minutes coming from for them both? We have no European football so thats another 8-10 games or so minimum this season.

£60m that could have been used towards a GK and another ST though. I mean may happen yet but if we don’t see a loan for either of Santos or Ugochuwku sorted pretty quickly if Lavia signs, I would be concerned.

1 minute ago, shrenshah said:

Gallager is being sold for sure

After the injury to Nkunku, I don’t see it. He can be used further ahead to compete with Carney who can maybe be used there but I thought that after getting Moises in the door, Gallagher higher up could of free’d up minutes for Ugo or Santos to come in for Moises in certain games. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Will probably push Enzo up a bit / play 4-3-3 with Santos being the first name off the bench to replace any of them 

MIDFIELD SORTED FOR A DECADE!

Assuming Ugo is 100% sent out to Strasbourg, our 4 midfield options this season are Enzo, Caicedo, Lavia, and Santos. That is INCREDIBLE depth and a stunning rebuild after the Kante, Jorginho, Kova, and RLC era. And ALL between the ages of 19-22. Ridiculous!

4 minutes ago, lucio said:

Will probably push Enzo up a bit / play 4-3-3 with Santos being the first name off the bench to replace any of them 

Perhaps.

But with Nkunku a key component when he returns eventually, will he play off the left like in pre season at times or will we go back to 4231 and use him centrally off of the CF?

I suppose it gives Poch a nice headache to have and bit of flexibility but I think Santos and Lavia are both at a stage where they need to play a decent amount of minutes to continue kicking on. Be it here or loan. Ugo also. 

I think its fair to say Gallagher’s safe unless we get some sort of crazy crazy offer, as he would realistically be the only real offensive minded midfielder 8 come 10 sort of player. The rest are much more closer to being 6’s or 8’s. 

Edited by OneMoSalah