Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

115m for Caicedo is a huge amount of money, but just to put things into context a bit:

1. We had to pay that just because we didn't want to pay 100m initially and then Liverpool came up with 110m on the table. It is our board's fault partially, but at least they tried not to go obscene in this situation. It was impossible.

2. You're not paying the money only for Caicedo. You're paying it to unlock your whole team. Because his profile allows you to change Enzo's role + makes our attack much easier to work. 

3. Rival fans are so critical about us spending 105m on 22 y.o. Enzo, 115 on 21 y.o. Caicedo, and 55m on 19 y.o. Lavia. This is a total of 270m. It's a huge amount, but, again, let's put things into context. Liverpool paid 55m on 24 y.o. Mac Allister, 60m on 22 y.o. Szoboszlai and offered 110m on Caicedo. So that's a total of 225 m.

At the same time, we've made a total of 12m on Jorginho, 30m on Kovacic, 60m on Mount, 18.5m on RLC. I'm not gonna include Havertz here, because I consider him part of the attack, not the midfield. That's a total of 120,5m.

Liverpool made 40m on Fabinho, 17m on Henderson, 0m on Keita, 0m on Milner. That's a total of 57m. 

Therefore, the net spend for our midfield rebuild would be 149.5m, while they were willing to raise it up to 168m.

All amounts mentioned are with ad-ons included.

So yeah, this is what it takes to rebuild a midfield, like it or not. It's not the narrative that you'll be hearing from rival fans and virtue signaling journos, but it's the reality of football. It's also exactly what other clubs would do. Look at how much Arsenal paid for Rice, look at how much City spent on Rodri, Phillips etc. Look at how much Casemiro cost United.

Rival fans are just salty as they thought our days of spending big were over after Roman was asked to sell the club.  

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

If he didn't I still do not want him.

Hopefully we get both Caicedo and Lavia, both of whom are superior players.

I agree that they are superior players, just not sure if 55 million on Lavia was needed considering we still lack quality in attack. 

Would have preferred that money go to someone like Kudus who could have helped our attack this season!

44 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Rival fans are just salty as they thought our days of spending big were over after Roman was asked to sell the club.  

I agree that they are superior players, just not sure if 55 million on Lavia was needed considering we still lack quality in attack. 

Would have preferred that money go to someone like Kudus who could have helped our attack this season!

We may still buy kudus and olise

3 hours ago, Cosmin said:

115m for Caicedo is a huge amount of money, but just to put things into context a bit:

1. We had to pay that just because we didn't want to pay 100m initially and then Liverpool came up with 110m on the table. It is our board's fault partially, but at least they tried not to go obscene in this situation. It was impossible.

2. You're not paying the money only for Caicedo. You're paying it to unlock your whole team. Because his profile allows you to change Enzo's role + makes our attack much easier to work. 

3. Rival fans are so critical about us spending 105m on 22 y.o. Enzo, 115 on 21 y.o. Caicedo, and 55m on 19 y.o. Lavia. This is a total of 270m. It's a huge amount, but, again, let's put things into context. Liverpool paid 55m on 24 y.o. Mac Allister, 60m on 22 y.o. Szoboszlai and offered 110m on Caicedo. So that's a total of 225 m.

At the same time, we've made a total of 12m on Jorginho, 30m on Kovacic, 60m on Mount, 18.5m on RLC. I'm not gonna include Havertz here, because I consider him part of the attack, not the midfield. That's a total of 120,5m.

Liverpool made 40m on Fabinho, 17m on Henderson, 0m on Keita, 0m on Milner. That's a total of 57m. 

Therefore, the net spend for our midfield rebuild would be 149.5m, while they were willing to raise it up to 168m.

All amounts mentioned are with ad-ons included.

So yeah, this is what it takes to rebuild a midfield, like it or not. It's not the narrative that you'll be hearing from rival fans and virtue signaling journos, but it's the reality of football. It's also exactly what other clubs would do. Look at how much Arsenal paid for Rice, look at how much City spent on Rodri, Phillips etc. Look at how much Casemiro cost United.

Caciedo is a big gamble. As we know already, all Brighton players look good there because of the system they play. Cucurella and Bissouma were giants there but havent actually set Chels and Spurs alight. Porter was great there but couldnt handle coaching Chelsea.  It will be interesting to see how Caciedo fairs in a new bigger club with all the pressure on top of it. 

5 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

No signings today 😒

Yeah, it’s definitely starting to feel like that whole “Chelsea’s dream is to announce Caicedo before the game and unveil him to the crown at the Bridge” stuff was bullshit.

Can’t see a massive, record transfer like this just being announced out of nowhere by the club. You’ll have Law, Ornstein, Romano etc all briefing that the deal is signed and done at least an hour ahead of it being made official. 

That’s why I’m still on edge right now. Too many twists and turns in this saga. I see most of the well known Chelsea YouTubers and personalities are talking trash and celebrating as if it’s 100% done and I just cringe. Don’t do that unless the club announces it or you make our whole fanbase look bad if he goes to Liverpool!

I think we’re holding off wrapping up the Lavia deal incase Liverpool then put their resources to Moises. To take both away from them would be a coup for sure, but I’m still so disappointed we are having to pay £115m for a player we could have had wrapped up for £100m or less weeks ago with a full pre season.

15 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

I think we’re holding off wrapping up the Lavia deal incase Liverpool then put their resources to Moises. To take both away from them would be a coup for sure, but I’m still so disappointed we are having to pay £115m for a player we could have had wrapped up for £100m or less weeks ago with a full pre season.

I wouldn't be so sure.

If we shown willingness to bid £100m at an early stage there's no way Bloom wasnt moving the goalposts and raising the price.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I wouldn't be so sure.

If we shown willingness to bid £100m at an early stage there's no way Bloom wasnt moving the goalposts and raising the price.

Exactly, this narrative is naive IMO, if we bid £100m early on in the window then to Bloom that is 100% proof the lad is worth £120m, £130m, etc.

I think it is clear most of the leaking comes from the agents, perhaps pressure from the clubs & players has silenced them? It was getting pretty ugly for all involved. Maybe both clubs threatened to walk away unless they shut their mouths?

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Ornie on the Spurs pre show says talks will continue after today’s game.

Fact that there STILL isn’t an agreement with Brighton after we supposedly negotiated all through the night is weird.

Is the club finally stretched too thin financially and that’s why we haven’t just put the money down? And the hold up is us trying to pay in several installments that we can’t get Brighton to agree to yet?