Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

What I don’t understand is why any good young keeper would agree to come here now that we’ve just bought a keeper that will probably be the new starter.

I don't think it's prohibitive at all in current situation - Sanchez may was benched at Brighton, so I doubt he is suddenly our starter (if so, lord help us), more like Mendy replacement to push some competition for the spot. Slonina is shipped away, if Kepa goes, I think every talented keeper who is confident of his worth may see taking this gamble as absolutely doable  

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

The question is: why isnt Bayern after Mamardashvili instead of Kepa if he is so much better?

They explored the option actually but decided to look for someone with more experience. They got in Johannes Schenk as a 21yo prospect instead of signing Marma.
They usually like to have the best German goalkeeper spend the majority of his career as their no1, then have an experienced backup who can easily step in plus at least one young usually German apprentice who gets the boot early if not good enough. Now bc Neuer is on the brink of having his career ended by injuries, Ulreich being 35 they now look for a mid term solution until the next big thing in German goalkeeping emerges. 

Plus what @TheHulk said. TT loves a weirdly mediocre signing if it fits his philosophy. Even better when he knows the player already like Guerreio who already joined. Remember having nightly panic attacks bc of the Hofmann and Weigl links when he was our manager lol

Little bit of news on Caicedo-apparently the offer we are lodging tonight/tomorrow is in the region of 90M plus around 8-10M in add ons.

Apparently Caicedo has completely downed tools- Brighton had a team photo shoot today and he refused point blank to be involved in it.

De Zerbi wants this solved by the end of the week one way or another, he has laid this bare to the owners. The situation is affecting the players and staff and it's getting to a point now where there is just constant talk around the training ground.

I'm not going divulge where this has come from because I don't need too, but this is a close to what is happening as I have been told. 

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Little bit of news on Caicedo-apparently the offer we are lodging tonight/tomorrow is in the region of 90M plus around 8-10M in add ons.

Apparently Caicedo has completely downed tools- Brighton had a team photo shoot today and he refused point blank to be involved in it.

De Zerbi wants this solved by the end of the week one way or another, he has laid this bare to the owners. The situation is affecting the players and staff and it's getting to a point now where there is just constant talk around the training ground.

I'm not going divulge where this has come from because I don't need too, but this is a close to what is happening as I have been told. 

Is that person reliable?

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

Get Caicedo first after backstab them and take Kudus as well.

This would be ideal. 

Finish it off by getting rid of CHO, Lukaku, and maybe Ziyech. 

Then get Caceido, Adams and Kudus. Maybe don't even need Adams if both Caceido and Kudus come in.

Over 40 days since Ziyech failed medical. Nothing since than, is it that bad?

When player fails medical you usually dont want to say it publicly not to destroy players career. Maybe this is what happened with PSG, and all talk about wrong documents is fake?

Best italian clubs, PSG interested in him and now suddenly nothing, even after great World Cup.

2 more years on contract here.