Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

According to Nizaar Kinsella we are drawing up a new keeper list as we won't stand in Kepa's way to join Bayern

Wow how amazing it would be if that actually happened. Isn’t Kepa also on huge wages? Clearing out the wage bill is working quite nicely. All those inflated wages are still from signings from last summer or Roman era. Seems there is actually some tangible learning process with the new owners 

Kepa is literally best possible number 2. When he was that under Tuchel he was the main reason why we reached both cups finals, won Super Cup, helped in CWC. 

This is from Chelsea point of view. 

But in Bayern he will be number one so don't know if he pushes for a move. 

If Kepa goes I really hope the loan with only a buy option isn’t true. Either sell him for good or make it a mandatory buy obligation next summer.

Don’t want to have a “will he stay or will he go” again and again if he’s as bang average at Bayern as he has been here and they decide they don’t want to keep him.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

Kepa is literally best possible number 2. When he was that under Tuchel he was the main reason why we reached both cups finals, won Super Cup, helped in CWC. 

This is from Chelsea point of view. 

But in Bayern he will be number one so don't know if he pushes for a move. 

You don’t need a 65m, 150pw 2nd goalkeeper. Without Europe our 2nd goalie will have 5-10 appearances all season. Bettinelli can do a job here as well. If there really is any substance to the rumours and Kepa wants the move we should get out of our way to make it possible. He has shown multiple times he can not be relied on. For Kepa himself it would also be a good move as he would be no1, possibly long term cos neuer will probably end his career soon. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If Kepa goes I really hope the loan with only a buy option isn’t true. Either sell him for good or make it a mandatory buy obligation next summer.

Don’t want to have a “will he stay or will he go” again and again if he’s as bang average at Bayern as he has been here and they decide they don’t want to keep him.

It says the option is mandatory.

I also totally get the Tyler Adams interest, will be happy to play second fiddle when needed but also a decent starter- He's what I call a proper midfield ratter- works hard and fight's for it. 

2 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

@Vesperright now:

Idris Elba Water GIF

Can’t blame her haha

replacing Kepa with Marma would be one of the best gk deals in our history. Both economically and sporting wise. 

I don’t dare to believe it yet tho. Bayern hold a huge grudge against us hence no deals between the two clubs ever. but maybe TT there or Roman gone has softened their stance 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can’t blame her haha

replacing Kepa with Marma would be one of the best gk deals in our history. Both economically and sporting wise. 

I don’t dare to believe it yet tho. Bayern hold a huge grudge against us hence no deals between the two clubs ever. but maybe TT there or Roman gone has softened their stance 

The question is: why isnt Bayern after Mamardashvili instead of Kepa if he is so much better?

What I don’t understand is why any good young keeper would agree to come here now that we’ve just bought a keeper that will probably be the new starter. Like, why would Dortmund’s starting keeper who is still very young want to come and sit on our bench or merely compete for the starting role when he’s already the #1 at a big club?

If Kepa goes and Sanchez is the new starter then any keeper we bring in should surely be an older one who has no other expectation except being emergency cover, right?

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What I don’t understand is why any good young keeper would agree to come here now that we’ve just bought a keeper that will probably be the new starter. Like, why would Dortmund’s starting keeper who is still very young want to come and sit on our bench or merely compete for the starting role when he’s already the #1 at a big club?

If Kepa goes and Sanchez is the new starter then any keeper we bring in should surely be an older one who has no other expectation except being emergency cover, right?

If it sold as the number one keeper position is through competition. Sanchez joined as the number two.