Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just move on from Caicedo for crying out loud. That is way too much money. 

Go with plan B....if they had one. Or least loan. 

But yeah let's walk on. 

I rather spend 100 million on Kane. At least push Bayern to pay more for him 🙂

Edited by Fernando

29 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Wrong. City is in the same situation with Gvardiol. Leipzig wanting 100m, City doesnt wanna pay this, negotiations still ongoing till now. 

This window is the window of dragging transfers:

• Hojlund to United
  • Vlahovic to PSG
  • Gvardiol to City
  • Kane to Bayern

etc, etc. 

True. However, at least Gvardiol has a bigger body of work to justify the £100m RBL are requesting - or at least that figure makes more sense. Caicedo isn't worth the figures Brighton are talking about. We need to just move on or the kid should have put in a transfer request. £80m (our last offer) is already overpaying for someone with one years experience in a top league - especially as he isn't a technical god type player.

What I am essentially saying is we've already reached the point where the deal should be done or we walk away. We have other gaps in the squad that we should address - GK and No.8 (so we can get goals from CM) and possibly another CF and back up CB.

Let's actually work on things we can get done reasonably. I mean, even if Caicedo has another great season, he is still going to be in the ball park Brighton are talking about now next Summer. 

6 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

I think people play too much FM/FIFA and now assume running a club is such an easy task. 

Yeah when you look at it, Liverpool, Arsenal, City, and United have issues that need sorting out. We aren't the only ones. 

Liverpool don't have a DM + a completely new midfield. 

City still need to replace Gundogan + Mahrez's influence. 

United don't have a DM replacement for Casemiro who started slowing down, or a ST.

Arsenal don't have a ST. 

48 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

We have done a lot as well. Boosted our attack a lot with Jackson, Nkunku and Angelo (even if he goes on loan), gave our defense more depth with Colwill and Gusto, the midfield is the problematic area yes, but we have done things so far but just like other clubs there is a certain area that is problematic. But others have that as well.  

The question for us is: do you find similar quality to Caicedo that is actually realistic (sorry but I dont rate Tchouameni or Barella as realistic). I havent seen Lavia enough but there are a lot of people who claim that putting Lavia next to Enzo would end in tears lol. I would maybe look torwards Koné but he is injured 

I'm not sure why you deem Barella an unrealistic target. If we offered the exact amount we have to Brighton, I'm almost certain they'd listen. The issue is having to deal with them again, which is something I'm not fond of.

Thuram is another name that could be an interesting option that would cost a fraction of what we've offered thus far. 

At some point, the club needs to realise enough is enough rather than bending to Brighton's hourly demands.

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm not sure why you deem Barella an unrealistic target. If we offered the exact amount we have to Brighton, I'm almost certain they'd listen. The issue is having to deal with them again, which is something I'm not fond of.

Thuram is another name that could be an interesting option that would cost a fraction of what we've offered thus far. 

At some point, the club needs to realise enough is enough rather than bending to Brighton's hourly demands.

Offer inter what you want, the real task is getting barella to leave Italy.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah when you look at it, Liverpool, Arsenal, City, and United have issues that need sorting out. We aren't the only ones. 

Liverpool don't have a DM + a completely new midfield. 

City still need to replace Gundogan + Mahrez's influence. 

United don't have a DM replacement for Casemiro who started slowing down, or a ST.

Arsenal don't have a ST. 

Kova replaced Gundogan. No doubt City will replace Mahrez and if they want to sign Gvardiol, will do that. 

Balogun, fresh off a 20 goal season in Ligue 1 (if they don’t sell him and sell Nketiah instead) will be Arsenals 2nd CF option. Think Nketiah going Palace for £30-35m by looks of it so would think Balogun would be staying and competing with Jesus. 

Casemiro slowing down? Certainly a weird take. Was one of the best midfield players in the PL last season. Showed he was a much more complete and capable footballer than anyone gave him credit for at Madrid. Think United as a whole petered out towards the end of the season, not just individuals, another midfielder and CF (boy fromAtalanta looking more likely) puts them in a good place after they signed a pretty decent GK to replace De Gea. Still need to shift some deadwood.

How Liverpools midfield gets on this season remains to be seen but some would say selling Henderson and Fabinho and releasing Milner to replace them with Mac Allister and the boy from Leipzig is smart, smart business. Considering Liverpool issue in midfield over the past couple of years has always been creativity and legs, they’ve just added a lot of both. Lavia move to replace Fabinho is a bit off for me as it would be for replacing Kante here - think they need a more established player to do that, as do we re Kante replacement.

47 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Offer inter what you want, the real task is getting barella to leave Italy.

Same as Tonali?

I don't believe this idea of players being so reluctant to move countries unless they are at the backend of their career.

16 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Same as Tonali?

I don't believe this idea of players being so reluctant to move countries unless they are at the backend of their career.

I also don't believe just because one player left another would be willing too.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Kova replaced Gundogan. No doubt City will replace Mahrez and if they want to sign Gvardiol, will do that. 

Balogun, fresh off a 20 goal season in Ligue 1 (if they don’t sell him and sell Nketiah instead) will be Arsenals 2nd CF option. Think Nketiah going Palace for £30-35m by looks of it so would think Balogun would be staying and competing with Jesus. 

Casemiro slowing down? Certainly a weird take. Was one of the best midfield players in the PL last season. Showed he was a much more complete and capable footballer than anyone gave him credit for at Madrid. Think United as a whole petered out towards the end of the season, not just individuals, another midfielder and CF (boy fromAtalanta looking more likely) puts them in a good place after they signed a pretty decent GK to replace De Gea. Still need to shift some deadwood.

How Liverpools midfield gets on this season remains to be seen but some would say selling Henderson and Fabinho and releasing Milner to replace them with Mac Allister and the boy from Leipzig is smart, smart business. Considering Liverpool issue in midfield over the past couple of years has always been creativity and legs, they’ve just added a lot of both. Lavia move to replace Fabinho is a bit off for me as it would be for replacing Kante here - think they need a more established player to do that, as do we re Kante replacement.

How many big goals has Gundogan been responsible for, especially in crunch time moments? That is a massive void missing from midfield even with Kovacic included. Add Mahrez as well who not only loves scoring goals against us but has also contributed massively in crunch time moments that have made City so consistent during the hectic Dec-March period. 

It's widely known Balogun wants first team minutes and is pushing for a move. He's training alone per the Athletic and both Milan clubs are pushing to sign him. Think Arsenal will come to an issue next season where again they are begging for a ST. 

Casemiro slowing down isn't a weird take in the slightest when you actually take into consideration actual United fan's perspective throughout the season. His form was slowing towards the latter end and it isn't surprising given his age and durability.  Hojlund leading the line is a big gamble considering his lack of experience (hasn't ever scored more than 10 goals either). 

Liverpool are replacing three integral midfielders immediately. 3 pretty big personalities in leadership and experience. It's a big risk and Lavia at DM poses issues not just in experience but his actual ability to be a disciplined midfielder. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

7 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I also don't believe just because one player left another would be willing too.

I didn't say that either. Just an example that Italian clubs need money and players would move on if required.

21 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Same as Tonali?

If Barella is available there would be CL clubs after him as well. Why would he choose us? Bearing in mind we have a policy of not offering extreme wages anymore. 

Edited by Gundalf

12 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

If Barella is available there would be CL clubs after him as well. Why would he choose us? Bearing in mind we have a policy of not offering extreme wages anymore. 

Same reason Nkunku did, same reason Szoboszlai joined Liverpool—our current positions are temporary. Also, as the former mentioned in a recent interview, our project is appealing (just look at the post above).

Barella is seemingly earning around £155kpw. Going up to £200kpw with bonuses attached isn't something I'd deem extreme, all things considered.

Edited by LAM09

10 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Same reason Nkunku did, same reason Szoboszlai joined Liverpool—our current positions are temporary. Also, as the former mentioned in a recent interview, our project is appealing.

Barella is seemingly earning around £155kpw. Going up to £200kpw with bonuses attached isn't something I'd deem extreme, all things considered.

Well Nkunku signed in November where our whole desaster wasnt fully on the cards yet and there was no competition really. 

Well, lets see. I bet Barella stays at Inter 100%