Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 minutes ago, Mário César said:

thoughts?

Touching but we need players with actual technical ability. It would be nice to live in some fantasy world where Lampard is the manger , all the players are English. Cheek is flying into tackles , Gallagher scoring from 40 yards etc but it’s not the reality 

arsenal will find out the hard way, that they pissed away over £100m on an average brexit bum 

Lukaku is giving me malouda vibes

Inter are out, juve have just given verbal bid and i really dont see him going there given the abuse he got from juve fans, see juve back out and rightly so by aug.

All depends on saudi now, if lukaku doesnt want to go there then we are screwed. Thats 50m+ possible income+salary savings rotting in reserves.

I would rather take vlahovic for lukaku + 21m and send broja to pl loan to let him regain fitness. Or worst case sell broja after pre season if poch doesnt see the magic for crazy sum like 40-50m which someone in prem will surely be willing to pay.

We are paying 21m for some franka dude noone has heard, same amount on vlahovic will be a better bet.

Edited by shrenshah

33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'm wondering why is Poch or club against going for Vlahovic. 

It may be a wait and see with Borja and Jackson, make a decision after pre season. Like i said Vlahovic biggest issue imo is fitness, he has struggled with muscle injury for most of his time at Juve. 

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

If the only way to get rid of Lukaku is to swap him with Vlahovic plus a little bit of cash, I would do it. Just get rid of this cry baby.

No stay patient and when he runs out of options, he’ll take Saudi 

41 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

image.png.091bae3ba0fab7f30e019e82f433d367.png

Gives me some Morata vibes. 

Yeah, I actually do think Morata is a great comparison. Strikers that have all the talent but don’t really apply it on the pitch consistently enough to be elite. Like Morata, when he’s in top form you think “wow, he’s amazing,” but then he can look like a donkey a lot of the time.

46 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, I actually do think Morata is a great comparison. Strikers that have all the talent but don’t really apply it on the pitch consistently enough to be elite. Like Morata, when he’s in top form you think “wow, he’s amazing,” but then he can look like a donkey a lot of the time.

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

image.png.091bae3ba0fab7f30e019e82f433d367.png

Gives me some Morata vibes. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I'm wondering why is Poch or club against going for Vlahovic. 

Tbh, I think this is a result of the data-led approach to recruitment we are using. If you look at Vlahovic from a statistical PoV, he is pretty uninspiring, so you'd be betting on him improving a lot by good coaching. For example, here is him in his last full year at Fiorentina, where he was 'very hot' (top) vs Lukaku last season at Inter (middle) vs Lukaku at Inter in his hot year under Conte (bottom):

image.png.0326eab8e0a72594e1bbb2f2c43ab803.png

You can cut the stats in loads of ways, but when normalised by per 90 mins played he really does not look like a player that you should be splurging huge money on. Add to that his injury problems and perceived mental weakness, and you probably don't want to make this guy your main striker if you're a top club, he should be your up and coming promising option who is a sub that you hope can develop into your main man. He should never have joined Juve and gone somewhere that plays football that suits him with a coach that develops young players and spent time there until he was in his mid 20s, when maybe he would grow into a player at Ivan Toney's level but probably not higher. For example a few year stint at a club like Brighton would probably have been amazing for this kid.

Edited by Mhsc

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't think Morata has ever been amazing, he generally gets to about 15 goals a season (league + european football). 

As for Vlahovic, feel like the step up to Juventus was too soon for him, same as Jovic struggling after going from Frankfurt to Real Madrid. 

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

It may be a wait and see with Borja and Jackson, make a decision after pre season. Like i said Vlahovic biggest issue imo is fitness, he has struggled with muscle injury for most of his time at Juve. 

Sounds like another version of Pulisic....consistently picking up injuries for no reason. 

I guess the only thing you can say about Vlahovic if you’re trying to talk yourself into him is that perhaps he looks much better in a side that’s not coached by Allegri who Juve supporters were complaining about all season from what I saw.

Not someone you want to spend 70m on but if the price were somehow reasonable there IS a player in there. 

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I guess the only thing you can say about Vlahovic if you’re trying to talk yourself into him is that perhaps he looks much better in a side that’s not coached by Allegri who Juve supporters were complaining about all season from what I saw.

Not someone you want to spend 70m on but if the price were somehow reasonable there IS a player in there. 

The only way I can talk myself into him is from the perspective that if it is the way to get Lukaku off the books in something close to a swap deal, with us not spending much money (<£20m?), we replace a player who's career has peaked with a player who is 3-4 years away from peaking, he would have resale value (surely always at least £40m, plus football-inflation) and give us a different profile of player to lots of our other players. He has a clear talent for finishing, and some potential in other areas. He is in my honest opinion clearly a bit worse than Lukaku (the slightly past it Lukaku of today), but if he was here as a rotation option / squad player it would be ok - it just only makes sense from a financial perspective of where to spend our money if it is part of getting rid of Lukaku. Also, if he would take acceptable wages, similar to whatever Nicolas Jackson is on.

To get rid of this it surely has to be worth a punt on him:

Edited by Mhsc

Just now, Norfolkblue1961 said:

What are the chances that this fat deceitful waste of space does not turn up @ Cobham Monday morning ?

Turning up Tuesday after squad flies out