Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

How about barella as our versatile midfielder/CM and lavia for pure DM. A man can dream.

Both will be cost a lot, probably around 75m+45m, but it will be worth the money

Edited by dimmas

11 hours ago, didi007 said:

Good on him! Would you or any human being accept reduced wages? Im glad he has a lot of self respect and knows his worth. A champions league winner and semi-finalist player in the world cup should never accept anything this. 

Al Nassr simply added fitness-related clauses that, if fulfilled, could have still seen Ziyech earn the €15 million per season initially promised to the former Ajax star.

That is absolutely fair and a MASSIVE salary!

€45m for 36 months!! (as long as he raimains relatively fit).

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Al Nassr simply added fitness-related clauses that, if fulfilled, could have still seen Ziyech earn the €15 million per season initially promised to the former Ajax star.

That is absolutely fair and a MASSIVE salary!

€45m for 36 months!! (as long as he raimains relatively fit).

You know if Hakim is confident enough to have a dig at them on social media, then he should be confident enough that he will stay injury free during the season, so there should be no problem with the clause...

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Worth is relative.

I'd say for us Enzo was defiently worth the money. Midfielders of his skillset are unbelievably rare and when they come are usually reserved for the Madrids/Barcas of this world, the last one of his type that had any interest in coming here was Modric and even then we eventually got blown out of the water by Madrid entering the fray.

Failing to get Enzo would have been a major major blunder. It was hard enough watching him at the world cup (I didn't think we had a snowballs in hells chance of getting him at that point), seeing him at a rival knowing he could have been ours would have stinged, hard.

He’s already shown a lot of great attributes but also needs the right partner to give him a bit more of a freer role. 

Its only been 6 months but it does look like it will become a very good investment in the long run if he can keep kicking on and performing as he has been. Would of been sickening seeing him elsewhere.

Still without the release clause, he’d maybe of cost half as much. Or £60-70m at a push. Thats the reality of it. Argentina winning the World Cup with him being a regular fixture didn’t help either. Market is inflated though but even then I think paying a combined £200m for him and Caicedo (if we get him) is still be pretty extreme. Caicedo is never a £100m midfielder - ever. Although a good player.

Mental to think though that £100m+ transfers like Enzo, Rice, Grealish and Caicedo probably wouldn’t even be £50m 10 years ago.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Surprised at the lack of DM links after Ugarte. The club is reportedly looking at Caicedo and a creative CM - Veiga/Cherki

I would think that the club would sign Lavia or Thuram if they missed out on Ugarte. They seem to be considering Caicedo as the DM or they're working quietly behind the scenes 

2 hours ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

You know if Hakim is confident enough to have a dig at them on social media, then he should be confident enough that he will stay injury free during the season, so there should be no problem with the clause...

You are absolutely right but it feels like he is now rejecting the move to make a point. I know it stings but at least he did not throw a fit here like Lukaku did. So if he really stays here we should probably try to use him at least as a last resort backup 

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Datro Fofana has gone to Union on loan, will never see him kick a ball for Chelsea in the PL again, absolute waste of time and effort- Have a feeling this will be the same with Jackson too.

You are comparing guy coming from Norwegian league vs guy who played in Spanish league, ok...

1 minute ago, ulvhedin said:

You are comparing guy coming from Norwegian league vs guy who played in Spanish league, ok...

No I'm not and if you can provide where I said that let's go- I'm telling you now what will happen Jackson will get his chance and fail and by the time the season starts Poch and the board will be flapping like chickens and panicking like fuck because he isn't doing what we thought he could. We will then go all out and rush to bring that other donkey Vlahovic and Jackson will relegated to the bench and sit and produce cameo appearances. 

Quote this, bookmark it because I'm dying to proven wrong here but I'm telling you now this is very close to how it will go.

5 minutes ago, ulvhedin said:

This. Jackson has done well in the Spanish league and was triple the value of Fofana too. Jackson and Broja will both get a look-in.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

No I'm not and if you can provide where I said that let's go- I'm telling you now what will happen Jackson will get his chance and fail and by the time the season starts Poch and the board will be flapping like chickens and panicking like fuck because he isn't doing what we thought he could. We will then go all out and rush to bring that other donkey Vlahovic and Jackson will relegated to the bench and sit and produce cameo appearances. 

Quote this, bookmark it because I'm dying to proven wrong here but I'm telling you now this is very close to how it will go.

mhm ok 

Yeah, Jackson done well in Spanish League, but for a very short period of time. We've seen such bursts by our "shit players" as well. I'm very curious of this guy and hope he will do well, but I'm afraid he may be upgraded version of Tammy more than reincarnation of Drogba. Hope to be wrong though.  

31 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Datro Fofana has gone to Union on loan, will never see him kick a ball for Chelsea in the PL again, absolute waste of time and effort

DDF always felt like an opportunistic value signing to me, as in buying him on the cheap just to farm him out on loan for 1-3 years before trying to sell him off for a lot more than we initially paid. Might work out that way, might not. Too early to tell, the lad's only 20 years old after all.

But yeah, all these young players being signed with no immediate role in the first team feels a lot like the early 2010s where the club had a very similar tactic, ending up with the infamous loan army. There was a lot of dross and some gems too, but in the end the club fucked it all up by not giving a chance even to those who were clear as day good enough.

I don't mind this kind of tactic, as long as it's not to the hindrance of more immediate first team concerns.