Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Maybe more assurances about the project?

Let's be frank. A lot of our players were wholeheartedly ready to jump ship.

That's one of the reasons why we've had such an easy clear-out this season.

Yes, we can say these players needed to go, and so, fuck em.

But the thing is Clearlake & Co. have a lot to make up for after last season.

Right, but then again, we are talking about an academy player who played at brighton.

we're not talking about an established player or anything like that. 

let's wait and see.

18 minutes ago, Mário César said:

Right, but then again, we are talking about an academy player who played at brighton.

we're not talking about an established player or anything like that. 

let's wait and see.

We're possibly talking about the best academy player we've had since Reece/Mason made the breakthrough to first team football

If we can't give Colwill meaningful minutes this season then is there a point in having an academy?     

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Do Haller and Jovic ring any bells? I'm sceptical about attackers coming from Germany in general, as most have failed to show up after making the move in recent times.

Dzeko and Son are the only two that come to mind who were exceptions. 

Aubameyang, Firmino, Sane have all had success in the Premier League

The ones that tend to struggle are the attacking midfielders who don't really have a clear position in the premier league (e.g. Pulisic, Sancho, Havertz, Kagawa etc)

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

That’s the vibe I get too. He probably thought he was ready for Chelsea last summer but we tossed him to Brighton as a favor to Brighton for Cucu. He then went on to have a very successful campaign there and is probably settled.  At least I hope that’s all it is. Because with a new manager his situation can be improved. 

If this is another Mount situation and he’s had whispers in his ear from another massive team (Klopp at Liverpool in this case) then this can be a big problem.

He did suggest in an interview a few weeks back that people at Chelsea didn't show faith in him last summer. In this instance though, I can only think that is more directed at Tuchel who had the chance to integrate him in as one of the replacements for Rudiger and Christensen and chose not to.

The hope is that the board did place some faith in him last summer, by choosing not to sell him to Brighton and instead pay extra for Cucurella so as to only loan him out.

As some have said, it's hardly like he was undisputed first choice for Brighton last season, but he did seem to be very much heading in that direction by the end of the season, so he probably knows if he was to go back there he'll get a lot of gametime next season. I actually think the biggest thing on his mind currently is the opportunity present to break into that England squad, and even the starting XI for the Euros and to do that, he needs to play regularly. 

I think if a plan and a path can be shown to him by Poch, I don't see there being any issues. He has the potential to be one of the best centre backs in the Premier League in a couple of seasons time (although Badiashile is also ironically in that category too) and it's important that stability comes quickly to this group under Poch.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

I mean, he’s under contract for effectively 3 more years, right? So he doesn’t actually have any leverage. He could be an absolute asshole and demand that he’s sold under any circumstances but we’d still have the final say.

But then why keep someone who doesn’t want to be here for a season to convince him? Just weakens our position financially which everyone seems to be obsessed with more than ever and also means theres somebody who doesn’t want to be here. The books are obviously sorted now after sales of KK, Mendy, Kai and Mason so its not really as if he would be going cheap or we would need to sell him either.

Honestly for me, I don’t care how good he is or could be, he’s literally achieved nothing significant in his career at the moment so if he wants to go play for Brighton that says much much more about him and his mentality than wanting to fight for a place here where there is competition in Badiashile for that role. I mean do you think top young players at big clubs want to go sign for smaller clubs permanently? Particularly when they are 99% going to be involved regularly? No. Or not the elite mentality ones.

Even then, if he leaves here for £50-60m or whatever to go to Brighton (probably wouldn’t even go for that, would be more we would ask for likely), he would be going to sign for 5 years or so likely and then that means he will be probably cost someone £80-100m or upwards to buy him off of them if their recent stance on the likes of Cucurella and Caicedo is to go by… no guarantees anyone pays that for him after 1 or 2 seasons at Brighton and their not gonna spend a fortune for a release clause less than what they paid.

Ok Liverpool links are there but doubtful we would even entertain selling him to Liverpool for below £70m considering we got £55m upfront for Mount with 1 year left who wanted to go and wasn’t in long term plans, never mind Levi with 3 left and looks to be in Poch’s thinking and the clubs long term plan. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

we have already sold koulibaly and next year thiago silva will no longer be here.

what else does he want?

we have three good central defenders with a lot of potential.

what else does he want?

We did sign Badiashile and this new board is capable of going out and signing a Gvardiol or another LCB at any moment. I think he's waiting to see how Poch sees him, uses him which is completely fair imo. Like Poch said in the presser, we have not yet done enough to win the trust yet

2 hours ago, Strike said:

We did sign Badiashile and this new board is capable of going out and signing a Gvardiol or another LCB at any moment. I think he's waiting to see how Poch sees him, uses him which is completely fair imo. Like Poch said in the presser, we have not yet done enough to win the trust yet

Gvardiol wants City move apparently and it’s literally just a case of them agreeing a deal with Leipzig. And with their system from last season, he will get a lot of minutes. As would any good mobile CB who can cover that sort of hybrid LCB/LB role. 

Theres no way we are getting him.

But yeah if Colwill wants to leave regardless, let him. City are apparently keen on selling Laporte this summer and with Barca having signed Martinez (they were keen on Laporte), I think we could be a pretty good option for him if we we’re interested in him. Although Juve there about also and actually linked to him.

Edited by OneMoSalah

12 hours ago, DH1988 said:

quite sad to see someone who is a ‘Chelsea lad’ vs someone who was in the Spurs academy, and the latter being more excited.

YES!

wtf

I SO want Noni to blow up at RW

there are only 2 left footed or ambipedal RWers out there who actually truly excite me (the ambidedal Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is almost exclusively a Left Winger)

and both are HARD pulls

Ousmane Dembélé (ambipedal)

Karim Adeyemi   let footed, and he blew up after switching to RW from LW

also

Mohammed Kudus is a lefty, but is more of an AMF type, although Poch could, I am sure get him up and running on the RW

I am not that sold on Moussa Diaby atm, as he had only 1 goal (against a shambolic Hertha Berlin side) in his last 11 league games and he was completely shut down by Mou's Roma (as was Wirtz, who looked clueless) when Neverkusen crashed out in the Europa League semis

12 hours ago, TheHulk said:

He wasn't even a starter for Brighton, he doesn't want to stay not because of fighting for a starting place but because he doesn't believe shit in this project and because last year when he wanted to stay and fight for his place we almost binned him completely.

not a regular one, true

10a7dcc7332f81980db16370f4e21be9.png922bedbff9f1a1e4a0d6c5c08da37137.png

11 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Do Haller and Jovic ring any bells? I'm sceptical about attackers coming from Germany in general, as most have failed to show up after making the move in recent times.

Dzeko and Son are the only two that come to mind who were exceptions. 

8 more

Håland

De Bruyne

Firmino

Leroy Sane

Aubameyang

Ilkay Gundogan

Dimitar Berbatov (122 goals in 7 and a half seasons)

Ballack

Barcelona's Late Goal Leaves Chelsea Aggrieved - The New York Times

12 hours ago, Mário César said:

we are hiring a lot of youngsters but not young central defenders. 

we have two options at worst:

(a) renew him for just one year and thus leave the club stronger on a possible sale and stay at least one more year with him to see how it goes. 

if things don't go well, he can be sold and we get a strong amount for him

b) not renew and bet on him even with only two years of contract.
if it goes wrong, we'll sell him next year.

we'll lose a bit of money, but i doubt the club will be prepared to buy a central defender this year, given the amount of players that will be sold and even more the players the club will try to hire for other positions.

two years contract gives us a strong position on the situation

the team is under renovation and we already have at least nkunku signed, who is a good bet, and possibly caicedo, who is another young player with a lot of potential

we also have poch, who is a player that works very well and develops young players very well

there's no reason to be sold this year

nor can the club lose another central defender and be busy trying to hire another one. we have other priorities

The only players that agree to one year extensions are the likes of Baka, Batsh*t and Baba who know that the extra year gives them a bit more security with their current wage which they'll unlikely get elsewhere. 

Anyone who knows they can get a decent move and more money elsewhere isn't signing those. Or, you get a Mbappe situation where you throw money at them, then they don't play ball six-18 months down the line. 

Anyway, Levi has three years left atm. 

15 hours ago, Mário César said:

we have already sold koulibaly and next year thiago silva will no longer be here.

what else does he want?

we have three good central defenders with a lot of potential.

what else does he want?

and Trevoh may be sold if the right offer comes in

in which case we DEFFO need a right footed CB

plus this is probably Thiago's last season with us (inless he does stay until he turns 40, like he said a while back, to equal Maldini playing at 40)

Ronald Araújo (pipe dream, but hey, wth, lol)
António Silva
Giorgio Scalvini (probably the next great Italian CB)
Bremer 
Robin Le Normand
José María Giménez (last season on my list, he turns 30 in the middle of the next season after this one, plus is/was often injured in his prime years)
Jean-Clair Todibo  
Mohamed Simakan  
Pierre Kalulu (might not be up to the physicality of the EPL)
Perr Schuurs   (Napoli want him to replace Kim Min-jae, who turned down Manure for Bayern yesterday, Klopp wants him too)
Nathan Collins  (best of the available HG CBs)
Nicolò Casale  (Sarri  has turned him into a beast at Lazio)
Ilya Zabarnyi (monitoring him at Bournemouth)
Malick Thiaw 
Taylor Harwood-Bellis (if Citeh sells him)
Anel Ahmedhodzic (the new top Swedish CB soon)
Merih Demiral 
Josip Sutalo    ( after Gvardiol, er haps the next great Croatian CB)
Leny Yoro  (17yo potential monster)

Edited by Vesper