Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mbappe would never accept to come here especially no CL. 

Probably, but UCL or no UCL he’d still be playing in some of the biggest matches against some of the best teams in the world most weeks. And with him in the team we’d be straight back into the UCL next season.

Not like he’s 30 years old and may only have one or two more chances to win the UCL. One season out of the competition when he could then go on to play in it for 15 more years is nothing.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mbappe would never accept to come here especially no CL. 

Mbappe would never come because hopefully he wouldn't be offered to.

I said it already when we were linked with Dembele - what I really appreciated with Romans reign was that our transfers were often not on point sport-wise, but we seemed to only be after players with certain mental profile, eg. no starlets and knobheads to put it short. And I hope this kind of policy will continue under Clearlake.

I don't care if this bloke would singlehandedly put us in top 4 (what I doubt, it's not farmers league) - No CEO-of-football Mbappes, no Neymars, no Dembeles please. This kind of people is poison to a project and I guess Real, Barca and PSG know it very well.

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Dunno if already discussed, this thread is crazy fast, but rumor section on BBC (yeah I know) says Bernardo Silva may be avail for a reasonable fee.

As someone who thinks he's overrated, I still think he is an excellent player, so a move for him would evidently make sense esp given our gaping hole on the right wing.

Bernardo has mentioned that he'd be open to move to Benfica/Barcelona, think he was offered a good deal to go to Saudi League as well...

Another day, another report about us signing some teenager for millions of pounds. This time it’s a kid from Everton.

We’re going to spend like £100m on kids at this rate and have enough of them to build 5 youth teams, ffs. 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Another day, another report about us signing some teenager for millions of pounds. This time it’s a kid from Everton.

We’re going to spend like £100m on kids at this rate and have enough of them to build 5 youth teams, ffs. 

Gambling on youth prospects would be quite smart and reasonable branch of business, bar the single tiny detail the exotic youth we are hoarding is not cheap AT ALL.

Prices we are paying are what others are paying for youth that had actually proven to have potential and have a few transfers on their account already. Buying clean slates that need to stay in exotic leagues few more years for price of half-developed players after stint in Europe seems to defeat the purpose.  Maybe it has to do with satellite club thing, still the potential success rate of this recruitment is yet to be judged, but nothing to suggest it's something to be super hyped about.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Yes, we are developing these players and each step of their development adds to the strength of the team. 

Sorry, but if the player needs U21 level to shine and develop as a player, then I'm no longer sure we should bother with him.

I've seen countless players from U21 Brazil who never even became serviceable footballers. Even an older 22 player with better physique (pace and power) will have a huge advantage amongst u21 players. It's just not the level we need players at.

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Sorry, but if the player needs U21 level to shine and develop as a player, then I'm no longer sure we should bother with him.

I've seen countless players from U21 Brazil who never even became serviceable footballers. Even an older 22 player with better physique (pace and power) will have a huge advantage amongst u21 players. It's just not the level we need players at.

In recent times we had quickly learnt to enjoy the tiniest of glimpses of positives and it's generally good things, but drawing big conclusions based off those glimpses isn't.

Thing with Mudryk in particular is that people seem to think he is like way younger than he actually is. He indeed has some potential, but he is actually older than Bellingham and Camavinga, so should we really get excited that he had kicked the ball straight because he is in development?

I keep fingers crossed for him, but playing for Ukraine in particular in youth tournament is bit different animal, than pulling off the same stuff in PL twice a week. But if this tournament is what he needed to step up, than good for all of us, football knows this kind of stories. Unlikely, but it happens.

24 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

I have seen countless people on this forum say we should have been in for player X three years ago. Part of getting them on the way up is developing them. Not all will make it to the top, but there is nothing wrong in seeing them doing well amongst their peers. We sure as fuck are celebrating Colwill dominating in the same tournament. It is just part of our younger players getting to their potential. 

13 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have seen countless people on this forum say we should have been in for player X three years ago. Part of getting them on the way up is developing them. Not all will make it to the top, but there is nothing wrong in seeing them doing well amongst their peers. We sure as fuck are celebrating Colwill dominating in the same tournament. It is just part of our younger players getting to their potential. 

Yeah I get that and makes sense to me as well: developing good players into great players. Cucurella was such a signing... perhaps they should have paid more attention to his technique vs physique (& energy), but the idea made sense.

My problem is that we are signing players who aren't even good yet, regardless of age. Under normal conditions, Mudryk wouldn't be playing anymore. That's the challenge at this level: you need to find younger players who are already serviceable, otherwise they won't get minutes due to the natural competition at this level. Mudryk isn't that young anymore either.
Same with Madueke: either he improves tenfold or he won't play.

Edited by robsblubot