Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

So, as it stands the squad is looking like the following for next season, so far: 

GK: Kepa, Betti, Gaga

CB - Silva, Badi, Fofana, Trev, Colwill

WB - James, Chilwell, Cucu, Melo

CM - Enzo, Gallagher, Carney, Hall(?), Mount, RLC

AM - Sterling, Noni, Mudryk, Pulisic, CHO

CF - Broja, Jackson

Italics means players with futures undecided. 

That for me is really light. CM looks crazy light with the italics as does every area bar WB and possibly GK, depending on your thoughts of Kepa. For me, we need at least 5 more players -

CF (Broja and Jackson cannot be used as CF1) -

CM x 2 (1 if Mount stays as I suspect we go 433 and he slots in at No.8  

AM

GK (I really cannot be doing with Kepa.) 

Then there is CB. Silva is 39, Fofana is always injured, Badi is currently injured. Something may have to be done there if Trev is sold. 

You forgot Nkunku 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think it is shit

we owe him around £12.5m in wages total for the next 2 years (IF we exercise his 1 year option until June 2025)

a £12.5m transfer fee only equals that, with zero net profit (FFP amortisation aside)

He is a double-digit capped England player, and is 27yo, fully recovered from his bad injury years ago

AC Milan are talking about him being a key player to replace Tonali

6a039ba901d99a26d1d1e6c8d94ca3ef.png

3c0532f08fdb7fe23671296305c76bdc.png

I don't get the math, why would we owe him those wages if he leaves. If anything, by getting him off the books this summer will save us his £6m+ wages for this season, so in theory the net gain for moving him on this summer is actually closer to £20m.

I agree on the face the transfer fee isn't great, but his wages make it much more difficult to move him on and as far as we would all be aware, he could well be reluctant to move to a lower half/mid table Prem side if a club like Milan are interested in him.

If I had to choose between Lautaro and Vlahovic I’d take Lautaro. But I don’t really want either 😪

Feel like Lautaro’s playing style could mesh better with the attackers we have. Though I suppose after working with Kane in the PL Poch would fancy Vlahovic more since he’s more of a classic striker. 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If I had to choose between Lautaro and Vlahovic I’d take Lautaro. But I don’t really want either 😪

Feel like Lautaro’s playing style could mesh better with the attackers we have. Though I suppose after working with Kane in the PL Poch would fancy Vlahovic more since he’s more of a classic striker. 

yup. Lautaro also comes from a string of very disappointing performances in big games.

I don't consider Kane a classic striker, btw; I think he's only "classic" in the sense he's not super quick, but he definitely can drop to the sides and create and does that often. Kane is a quality player in my book -- one of the best divers in football as well.

what do you think about livramento join newcastle?

well we have reece and malo gusto but its weird to see so many academy players joining another top english teams 

beisdes, guehi is talked to join Arsenal for example....

so many youngs to join other clubs that make me think what could they archive in our club

1 minute ago, Mário César said:

so many outgoings

if we sell also lukaku we maybe get close to 300M euros for sales 

abysmal!

You have to remember... these players that we are selling are shite. We have had the torture of watching these clowns pretend to be footballers for quite some time now. They are worth pennies.

18 minutes ago, Mário César said:

what do you think about livramento join newcastle?

well we have reece and malo gusto but its weird to see so many academy players joining another top english teams 

beisdes, guehi is talked to join Arsenal for example....

so many youngs to join other clubs that make me think what could they archive in our club

For the whole season I've been confused with new ownership playing the english-heritage-london's own note with Potter and their communications and at the same time throwing away academy players/HG's like there's no tomorrow. Heck, even asked multiple times whether we are sure board is aware of HG rules and fact that their random purchases will be over 21 one day.

BUT, although I'm still bit salty about Lamptey, who could prove useful many times recently, would those academy players ever find the way to first team? Maaaybe Colwill. It seems like James, Mount and Tammy were the last times academy hit the spot and it was a while ago, so it may be indicating there's something wrong with academy functioning or random slump in talent, not the transfer policy really. 

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

You have to remember... these players that we are selling are shite. We have had the torture of watching these clowns pretend to be footballers for quite some time now. They are worth pennies.

Still don't really buy this narrative; If they are good for City and United, whose recruitment is way above ours, are they really shit for us? Inter or Milan are not exactly bad clubs either. We surely didn't make ourselves any favors with idiotic buying spree, hardly marketable season and locking players with stupid wages (KK, Lukaku). Players we are desperately trying to let go are still like top-30 clubs level. And I won't be very surprised if we will regret this fire sale sooner than later.

Edited by Vegetable

Getting rid of ALL of your deadwood in one summer is the stuff most big clubs dream of but can never do. But we’re actually doing it!

A couple of months ago when some of the Chelsea reporters talked about how the club were going to sell an absurd number of players this summer I just rolled my eyes and thought to myself “uh huh, sure. There’s no way we’ll be able to move most of these dudes.” But we’re actually selling every player I thought would be impossible to shift.