Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

54 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Was that dream to play for United?

GettyImages-1339678179.jpg

Wonder do Mount fanboys feel stupid now? All that talk about proper Chelsea and boy who had a dream is bs... There is even interview years ago when he says Portsmouth is his number one club.

Anyway many United fans calling him new Lingard are absolutely right. They are very similar players. Luckily we did not stick that long.

Lingard in PL: 10.152 minutes 29 goals

Mount in PL: 9786 mins 27 goals (4 set piece goals of which 2 pens)

Maddison is levels above.

44 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Wonder do Mount fanboys feel stupid now? All that talk about proper Chelsea and boy who had a dream is bs... There is even interview years ago when he says Portsmouth is his number one club.

Anyway many United fans calling him new Lingard are absolutely right. They are very similar players. Luckily we did not stick that long.

Lingard in PL: 10.152 minutes 29 goals

Mount in PL: 9786 mins 27 goals (4 set piece goals of which 2 pens)

Maddison is levels above.

Maddison has way better technique but isn’t a passion merchant so wont catch the attention of managers like Lampard and Southgate 

4 hours ago, Thor said:

People are really off Mudryk in a season no one played well, we had no offensive plan, and even established players in the team weren't netting anything. 

TBH - his 35 minutes of play in that Liverpool game was the best attacking play we saw from anyone all season in terms of creating and danger moments. He is 22 and moved from a new country while essentially not being at full fitness. 

Not just saying that because he is ours, but I'd take Mudryk over Havertz and Mount any day going forward. 

Yeah definitely Mudryk has shown a lot more than Kai and Mount ... please. 🙄 I suspect you can find 35min of excellent play from either one of those two players--can think of a few times in a CL not far way.

The idea of a fresh new player is always nice. It's the unknown, the excitement, the possibility of that player turning out to be the next world breaker.

I call it the way I se it. He looks completely out of his depth with heavy touches and poor decisions.

To me, Mudryk is a Gallagher who plays on the wing. I would love to be wrong here, but don't think I am.

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I don't think we can compare our roles to footballers. 

At the end of the day, Chelsea gave Mount the opportunity to play in the premier league and he's an academy player so the general expectation is that he would stick around even in a shit season like the one we just had (could of easily come to terms on a 1 year extension or something along those lines which still gives him even leverage to ask out at the end of the 2024 season). 

The fact that he's keen to leave is probably more an indication that he doesn't have great ties with the club.  Lampard & JT were both offered massive deals from other clubs to leave Chelsea but they didn't till they were in their 30's.  

As fans that's what we want, but that's not how players think.

While I tend to agree we are not the same, the ambition is pretty much the same. We move for better pay, and so do they. We seek better challenge, at least I do, and they do the same. The main difference is the much shorter career length, which drives them to changing clubs, which again gets them and their peers lots of money. Very few players act like you describe, and they are rightly praised by fans for that reason.

Edited by robsblubot

4 hours ago, Thor said:

People are really off Mudryk in a season no one played well, we had no offensive plan, and even established players in the team weren't netting anything. 

TBH - his 35 minutes of play in that Liverpool game was the best attacking play we saw from anyone all season in terms of creating and danger moments. He is 22 and moved from a new country while essentially not being at full fitness. 

Not just saying that because he is ours, but I'd take Mudryk over Havertz and Mount any day going forward. 

I like his physical attributes but his touch and football IQ reminds a lot of Werner. I'm worried no matter how much Poch improves him, there are some basic limitations in his game.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Milan were open to selling Tonali we should’ve been all over him as the second midfielder in addition to Caicedo. He is tailor made for the PL with his tenacity and ball playing ability.

Guardian reporting that Chelsea had spoken to Milan about him and could still enter negotiations.

30 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I read that Verbruggen is close to Brighton for €20m, he would be good replacement for Mendy.

And Vicario is new Spurs GK. Raya was too expensive. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And Vicario is new Spurs GK. Raya was too expensive. 

now he was in my top 5

in order

Jan Oblak  
Giorgi Mamardashvili
Diogo Costa 
Anatoliy Trubin
Guglielmo Vicario
Matvey Safonov
Marco Carnesecchi  
Dominik Livakovic   

48 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I read that Verbruggen is close to Brighton for €20m, he would be good replacement for Mendy.

I think club is looking for senior keeper since there is already a young prospect - Slonina.