Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

many wingers do not peak in their late 20s, not many at least, most are early to mid late 20s

22/23 to 27/28 or so

Salah will never have another year like he did at 25 years old

he has been great the last 3 season after 2 slightly less years in between, but I wager thus last season (or the coming up one) if he says at Pool, will be his last 30 goal year whilst playing in the EPL (he could go to a lesser league and score 30 all comps even at 32 yo (2024/25 season) though

Mbappe is not normal though, so who knows, but I wager a 29, 30 year old Mbappe will likely not have the otherworldly explosive pace all game long like he does now

certainly he will not by 31, 32

but he is good enough to adapt his game

and again Salah and Mbappe are two of the best wingers in the last 20 years of football, Mbappe is likely an all-time top 10 player if he stays healthy

here are the top 20 valued wingers on the planet over 30yo

its brutal  in terms of fall-off

Neymar 
Sadio Mané 
Lionel Messi (36yo in 2 weeks)
Riyad Mahrez 
Pablo Sarabia 
Lorenzo Insigne
Eden Hazard
Quincy Promes 
Dudu 
Erik Lamela
Ángel Di María (36yo in February)
Viktor Claesson
Dusan Tadic (35yo in November)
Junior Messias 
Moussa Marega
Aleksandar Katai 
Rachid Ghezzal 
Antonio Puertas 
Portu 
Davidson  

My mistake in referring to him as a CF as he clearly doesn't view himself as one. It will be interesting to see if he follows a similar path to CR7 and goes more central once his career progresses.

Illan Meslier speaking on the Chelsea links: “If it's to go and be on the bench, I’m not interested in that. If it’s to be number one, of course, you can’t say, ‘I’m not interested in Chelsea.’ I’d prefer to go to a less reputable club where I’ll have more game time than a top European club where I’d sit on the bench.” #CFC (

EXCL: Barcelona are set to sign top talented centre back Mikayil Faye from NK Kustosija. Deal done, here we go. #FCB Born in 2004, linked with Chelsea and BVB — Barça see Faye as a potential future top player. l agreed on €5m fee plus add-ons, to be signed soon.

The Leeds keeper was outstanding in the ‘21/‘22 season but apparently was pretty poor this past one. Not sure how I’d feel about targeting him. Still very young so maybe can’t judge him accurately yet.

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The Leeds keeper was outstanding in the ‘21/‘22 season but apparently was pretty poor this past one. Not sure how I’d feel about targeting him. Still very young so maybe can’t judge him accurately yet.

Steer well clear!! Hugely overrated keeper. Has the 2nd worse expected saves in the league this season and was the worst the season before.

Absolutely not Chelsea quality.

Seems to be huge emphasis on sending Casadei to a PL club as if its the only option but the jump from Championship to PL is absolutely huge. Wouldn’t necessarily rush it if he’s not ready for it or won’t feature a lot. U21 football’s quality is also concerning and difficult to judge in terms of gauging in comparison to first team football.

If he has a future here also, shoehorning him into any deal for Caicedo would be stupid because who says he would even play at Brighton? They’ve started using Gilmour more often and I would expect him to come in to his own next season under de Zebri now that he’s kind of got over the whole issues he was having off the pitch, as well as announcing the signing of Dahoud. Undoubtedly as well as per their recruitment and planning, they will already have guys who may replace Caicedo and Mac Allister at the club too. Just seems all too convenient but that is the slight arrogance of our fan base to think everyone of our players could slot in easily at these clubs to “sweeten the deal”. 

If he went there and wasted a year as opposed to getting another loan in the Championship playing every week again, would it really be worth it? I mean that is going off the impression that he is someone who is considered to have a future here. Ok Caicedo would be a good signing but again, for the player himself, its a tough one. The next loan has to be right for him to keep playing, going to Brighton and playing sporadically as opposed to another club and playing every week would be moronic but because it “would sweeten the deal for Caicedo” I suppose people wont care. As a club though, I thought the direction we were going and these signings were geared up more in mind with them making the first team as opposed to being used as chips to trade like they were under the old regime.

And even on loans that people felt were good but turn out being bad moves. I still remember when we loaned McEachran to Swansea in 11/12 and the initial reaction was that it was a very good place for him to go because of how they played, the manager etc but ultimately he didn’t play and wasted 6 months of his development. He probably played less there than he did in the first 6 months of that season under AVB.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Mendy is better. Meslier is better on the ball, but I would take Mendy tall day over him. Probably Kepa too. I would like to think and do believe this is nothing more than mere speculation anyway and nothing concrete.

33 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Seems to be huge emphasis on sending Casadei to a PL club as if its the only option but the jump from Championship to PL is absolutely huge. Wouldn’t necessarily rush it if he’s not ready for it or won’t feature a lot. U21 football’s quality is also concerning and difficult to judge in terms of gauging in comparison to first team football.

James didn't have much trouble adjusting. I'd like to see him given a chance during preseason before making a final decision.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

James didn't have much trouble adjusting. I'd like to see him given a chance during preseason before making a final decision.

True but is he as good as Reece? Or Mase?

I think he needs a bit more time - could be argued Reece and Mase were thrust in due to the transfer ban but would of made the cut eventually IMO (particularly if Sarri stayed) as their talent was evidently clear but there was also frustrating moments with both.

Casadei is definitely a different level to what they were, as in a step below and he played in a side that got relegated, not promoted/in the running for it. He is probably someone who may need to take a bit longer, like Conor Gallagher maybe, who for me was always going to need another season on loan after Palace but we kept him and look how his season panned out/the perception of him. Wasn’t ready. May never be ready.

I think Poch will maybe use him preseason like he will use a lot of players but if a good championship loan comes up where he is 90% likely to play every game in comparison to a Villa/Brighton where he would more than likely be a squad/rotation player, then its clear which is better. The boys only 20. 

People need to think about taking this using him to acquire Caicedo idea out of the equation and look at if Brighton is realistically a team he can break into? I don’t see it. From what I’ve seen he is physically good but maybe the technical and tactical side of things, could be improved upon. Maybe playing there he would learn it but wouldn’t think he would be a regular there. Plus they are usually 3 or 4 steps ahead recruiting wise and I’d imagine they will know who to get/have similar players lined up for Caicedo’s departure and Mac Allister already.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but is he as good as Reece? Or Mase?

I think he needs a bit more time - could be argued Reece and Mase were thrust in due to the transfer ban but would of made the cut eventually IMO (particularly if Sarri stayed) as their talent was evidently clear but there was also frustrating moments with both.

Casadei is definitely a different level to what they were, as in a step below and he played in a side that got relegated, not promoted/in the running for it. He is probably someone who may need to take a bit longer, like Conor Gallagher maybe, who for me was always going to need another season on loan after Palace but we kept him and look how his season panned out/the perception of him. Wasn’t ready. May never be ready.

I think Poch will maybe use him preseason like he will use a lot of players but if a good championship loan comes up where he is 90% likely to play every game in comparison to a Villa/Brighton where he would more than likely be a squad/rotation player, then its clear which is better. The boys only 20. 

People need to think about taking this using him to acquire Caicedo idea out of the equation and look at if Brighton is realistically a team he can break into? I don’t see it. From what I’ve seen he is physically good but maybe the technical and tactical side of things, could be improved upon. Maybe playing there he would learn it but wouldn’t think he would be a regular there. Plus they are usually 3 or 4 steps ahead recruiting wise and I’d imagine they will know who to get/have similar players lined up for Caicedo’s departure and Mac Allister already.

Reece only needed 1 loan, Mase was on loan for 2 seasons before being given a shot in the first team (and that may not have happened if it wasn't for the transfer ban and Lamps being the interim coach). 

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Reece only needed 1 loan, Mase was on loan for 2 seasons before being given a shot in the first team (and that may not have happened if it wasn't for the transfer ban and Lamps being the interim coach). 

Exactly but again the question is, is Casadei on that level? Is he ready to play regularly for a team in the top half in PL? Like Reece and Mase were much more geared up for? Not so sure. 

Aye granted I could be wrong but the lads only played 15 games in the championship for a side that got relegated. He looked decent in certain games, scored some goals as well as having done well for Italys u21s but I think these things can be very deceiving. Particularly u21s football.

Pre-season is also not exactly going to be a good barometer to judge him on, particularly looking at other past years and years of young players being involved then being shipped out on loan/never used.