Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Chelsea and England midfielder Mason Mount, 24, is a "high priority" for Manchester United this summer, but the Old Trafford club will not pay more than £60m for him. (Givemesport)

£70m and buh bye

In theory, sending Casadei on loan to Brighton as part of a deal for Caicedo would be brilliant. They’re perhaps the best place in the PL for a young talent to develop. But that’s only if he actually plays meaningful and consistent minutes which would be a big question mark. Brighton are now in a position where they’re aiming way higher than they ever have in the past. They’re no longer thinking merely about PL survival but instead pushing for European football.

Several of our highly rated youth players recently have gone on loan to places we thought would be brilliant for them and then they just didn’t really play. I’m not sure Brighton will want to replace hugely experienced midfielders like Mac Allister and Caicedo with a kid that’s still quite raw.

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

brighton can fuck off

send him to Villa and he gets FAR less time on the pitch

plus us loaning Casadei to them aids in pulling Caicedo,

they have European footie, so lots of minutes and a less congested MF roster

I can't be arsed over our stupid mistake of hiring the poundland wizard from them, that was on us, not Brighton

same for CuCu, WE were the fools there

19 hours ago, Vesper said:

I still think they go for Mbappe and Håland, both of them

time will tell

neither of those two have ever listed Real above Barca as wanting to play for them

we are in the mud

Håland is already at Citeh and will never move to United or Pool that I can see (especially United)

Mbappe is already at PSG

Bayern cannot afford them

I doubt either goes to Juve in their primes

that's all the teams who could afford them (other than the Saudi teams, lol)

Barca would be the main competition and they are fucked financially atm

it's a process of elimination

Rodrygo is natural LWer, not a RWer, he plays at RW because of Vini

maybe they just move him to LW IF Vini leaves (this is predicated on that remember), but that is is not the Real way

It might seem farfetched right now, but I could see Mbappe possibly joining Liverpool (should a takeover happen), which might involve Salah going the other way considering Khelafi's desire to have a star in the Arab world represented in their side. 

However, Mbappe will probably end up at RM during his late 20s (when attackers supposedly peak).

RM have tried to make a place for him upfront despite that. One surprise from RM is Perez's ability to hold the chequebook out for a change until this summer.

3 hours ago, whats happening said:

brighton can fuck off

That's the first thing that came to mind as well. After all the shit that's been going on recently, we shouldn't be doing business with them unless it's to our advantage. 

Edited by LAM09

I am not sold as of yet on Castello Lukeba

and we do not need another left footed CB IMHO

we have 2 already in Badi and Colwill

plus I still hold out the faintest of hopes for Gvardiol next year IF he isn't sold this summer

lefty CBs I rate (no Kimpembe as he has a ruptured achilles and after this summer he only has one sub 30yo season left, Lucas Hernández, and no Lucas Hernández he is only 6 moth's younger, and is likely (ironically) going to PSG this summer)

Josko Gvardiol  

Alessandro Bastoni  (not leaving Inter)
Sven Botman 
Evan Ndicka   (he is leaving on a free)
Piero Hincapié 
Gonçalo Inácio'
Micky van de Ven 

38 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

However, Mbappe will probably end up at RM during his late 20s (when attackers supposedly peak).

many wingers do not peak in their late 20s, not many at least, most are early to mid late 20s

22/23 to 27/28 or so

Salah will never have another year like he did at 25 years old

he has been great the last 3 season after 2 slightly less years in between, but I wager thus last season (or the coming up one) if he says at Pool, will be his last 30 goal year whilst playing in the EPL (he could go to a lesser league and score 30 all comps even at 32 yo (2024/25 season) though

Mbappe is not normal though, so who knows, but I wager a 29, 30 year old Mbappe will likely not have the otherworldly explosive pace all game long like he does now

certainly he will not by 31, 32

but he is good enough to adapt his game

and again Salah and Mbappe are two of the best wingers in the last 20 years of football, Mbappe is likely an all-time top 10 player if he stays healthy

here are the top 20 valued wingers on the planet over 30yo

its brutal  in terms of fall-off

Neymar 
Sadio Mané 
Lionel Messi (36yo in 2 weeks)
Riyad Mahrez 
Pablo Sarabia 
Lorenzo Insigne
Eden Hazard
Quincy Promes 
Dudu 
Erik Lamela
Ángel Di María (36yo in February)
Viktor Claesson
Dusan Tadic (35yo in November)
Junior Messias 
Moussa Marega
Aleksandar Katai 
Rachid Ghezzal 
Antonio Puertas 
Portu 
Davidson  

Edited by Vesper

15 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

It's quite funny how good and young left footed CBs are very hard to come by and we have 2 of them.

thy are super rare in terms of truly WC

only 2 are under 30yo and absolutely WC IMHO atm

Gvardiol and Bastoni

then Alaba at 30yo (31 in 2 weeks)

and that's it IMHO for truly WC

Badi is already the 9th highest valued left footed CB on the planet, lolol

Gabriel of Arse, ffs, is tied for 3rd highest valued on planet, come on! None of us would pay £50m for him (at least I hope the fuck not)