Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just now, Mário César said:

kova is great but a bit overrated 

not good enough to won epl titles with him 

even in our ucl campaign he didn't play against real and play only 20 minutes against city

we need better players

That's fair - I'm just hoping we get better signings. 

Enzo is the one true signing that has hit all the top marks.,  only because of his sheer quality 

Just now, Blue Armour said:

That's fair - I'm just hoping we get better signings. 

Enzo is the one true signing that has hit all the top marks.,  only because of his sheer quality 

we need two midfielders (at least) one goalkeeper, one center forward and maybe a winger

we will sell a lot 

Seeing lots of pundits and talking heads slaughtering us for letting Mount go. Idiots that clearly haven’t watched Chelsea closely over the last 18 months in which Mount has been utterly woeful. For both club and country.

All of these guys seem to think we’re selling the Mason Mount from the CL winning campaign or the Lampard season where he was arguably our most important player. He hasn’t got near that level in ages.

Shitting on the club for refusing to hand a squad player (which is what Mase would be if he stayed) a mega-wage when all the media have been doing since Boehly arrived is criticize us for handing out silly money is so hypocritical. 

45 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Seeing lots of pundits and talking heads slaughtering us for letting Mount go. Idiots that clearly haven’t watched Chelsea closely over the last 18 months in which Mount has been utterly woeful. For both club and country.

All of these guys seem to think we’re selling the Mason Mount from the CL winning campaign or the Lampard season where he was arguably our most important player. He hasn’t got near that level in ages.

Shitting on the club for refusing to hand a squad player (which is what Mase would be if he stayed) a mega-wage when all the media have been doing since Boehly arrived is criticize us for handing out silly money is so hypocritical. 

English pundits are brain dead retards. Average forum goer here has more insight than Paul Merson , Jamie redknapp etc. One of them was saying recently how poch needs to focus on centre backs and buy 2 cbs this summer 

Kova is such a good fit for City, a shame that we  consider selling in-league to rivals, feels all a bit too Arsenal/Spurs-like and not the strategic sale we were known for, under prior leadership. Can’t help but feel the miss on UCL and the need to settle the books before the end of the month may make for some ugly outcomes like this.

10 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Kova is such a good fit for City, a shame that we  consider selling in-league to rivals, feels all a bit too Arsenal/Spurs-like and not the strategic sale we were known for, under prior leadership. Can’t help but feel the miss on UCL and the need to settle the books before the end of the month may make for some ugly outcomes like this.

You are absolutely right. Maybe Mount and Kovacic are past their sell by date, but the fact is we are being forced to sell former first team members to rival clubs because we are in a tough spot

You can't paint a pretty picture out of this, because I've seen Arsenal do exactly that in the past decade and they've suffered for years because of that.

People can remain optimistic, and of course I am optimistic about having a real manager for once, but don't be surprised if Kovacic and Mount are soon followed by James and Colwill out the door a year later.

It's a very pathetic state of affairs.

It's all good if Kovavcic and Mount were actually outperformed by their replacements.

But no. We are shite and being made to pay for it.

Selling Mount to United and Kova to City?

What the fuck is going on? 

I'm glad we are moving quickly to fix the bloated squad issue but you do not sell your best players to direct rivals.

On their day Mount and Kova can be very effective and you just know they are going to come back and haunt us in the future.

Our best player?

It's not the same case as prime fabregas (at that time) moving to another big team or a direct rival.

The difference is that Arsenal sold their supreme player to another big team where he was one of their best performers. The same cannot be said for Mount and Kovacic.

First and foremost, they are underperforming players here. After numerous seasons, we have already seen enough to know that they hardly reach a higher ceiling here and don't really make a significant impact due to their obvious limitations. While they may have occasional better performances here and there due to having a much better system and better teammates, I'm not confident that they can truly transform into much better players. They hardly change.

One of the reasons why they have a high number of appearances here is that we didn't have a better option, so we had to field decent players who are actually inconsistent and not quite enough to make us title contenders.

With that being said, I'm actually happy to see one of them keep playing here, but if selling them means we could form a better team with more suitable and better players, I prefer the latter option.

Edited by dimmas

6 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Should've got him on loan again and bin Havertz, what an dumb decision this was.

It was the right call. Getting him on loan can still be done later in the window. There is no real interest in Felix. But now we need to trim the squad from 31 to 19/20 - if we are to add 3-4 players

1 hour ago, DDA said:

I'm glad we are moving quickly to fix the bloated squad issue but you do not sell your best players to direct rivals.

On their day Mount and Kova can be very effective and you just know they are going to come back and haunt us in the future.

When you put a price tag of 85m on him this is the only option, man utd man city or Newcastle become his only options if he wants to stay in England.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

1 hour ago, DDA said:

There is no other option. There are a short list of clubs in Europe who will pay the fee we want and could be an attractive proposition- Atleti (bailed us out with Morata), Bayern (may do only with Havertz) and perhaps PSG. The rest are the English clubs.

Kova being fit for City but not fit for us makes you wonder. About Monut, lol, got your mr. Chelsea. They didn't even released one leak of "he'd love to stay" to media recently, so I doubt he's much worried, his tik-toks will surely explode after move.

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

You are absolutely right. Maybe Mount and Kovacic are past their sell by date, but the fact is we are being forced to sell former first team members to rival clubs because we are in a tough spot

You can't paint a pretty picture out of this, because I've seen Arsenal do exactly that in the past decade and they've suffered for years because of that.

People can remain optimistic, and of course I am optimistic about having a real manager for once, but don't be surprised if Kovacic and Mount are soon followed by James and Colwill out the door a year later.

It's a very pathetic state of affairs.

It's all good if Kovavcic and Mount were actually outperformed by their replacements.

But no. We are shite and being made to pay for it.

Reg : Mount. It will sting but I will still be very glad we didn't make him a top wage bracket player here.

Kovacic had to go, he's been off for about one season and a half. Of course he'll be good at City, but I cannot blame the club for allowing him to fulfill his wish of joining them. After all, the man's a Europa League, Champions League, European Super Cup and Club World Cup winner with Chelsea. If that's his wish, just grab the money and go.

As per Mount, he will also come good at United and the narative will be "Chelsea gave up on him just like they did with De Bruyne and Salah". But that is not the case. If he doesn't want to stay, then what can you do? I mean, if Reece and Chilwell hadn't agreed to extend their stay at the club, I would've pointed fingers at the board, but it seems that the issue is somewhere in between them and Mason.