Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 minute ago, lucio said:

Yeh all are good and werner probably would have been a hit at Liverpool under klopp. You have to be exceptionally good to do well at Chelsea as an attacker , like hazard level. Everyone else will flop.

Yeah thats what I meant. Somehow strikers dont perform here and noone really knows why.

Just now, Gundalf said:

Yeah thats what I meant. Somehow strikers dont perform here and noone really knows why.

We've had really bad coaches attacking wise since ancelotti imo. Attacking football was ok under benitez too and a better striker than torres would have scored a few 

9 minutes ago, lucio said:

His career best is 20 goals in a farmers league. Werner got 28, i really wouldn't get too excited 

he is vastly superior technically to Werner

and you are really underplaying his stats

30 total goals produced all comps this year (22 goals, 8 assists) in only 2640 minutes due to a bad injury that he has now recovered from (and on fire atm) and has another game to go (Pokal final)

and last season

55 total goals produced (35 goals and 20 assists) all comps in 4271 minutes, including tearing it up in the CL (a hat trick v Citeh for instance)

85 total goals produced in 6900 or so minutes (57 goals, 28 assists) with a game to go

8 minutes ago, lucio said:

We've had really bad coaches attacking wise since ancelotti imo. Attacking football was ok under benitez too and a better striker than torres would have scored a few 

I dont think its only that. If u look at the xG tables of the last few seasons u will see that we are massively underperforming in this aspect. Its a lack of efficiency in front of goal. I dunno if thats a question of quality or just mental insufficiencies

39 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is vastly superior technically to Werner

and you are really underplaying his stats

30 total goals produced all comps this year (22 goals, 8 assists) in only 2640 minutes due to a bad injury that he has now recovered from (and on fire atm) and has another game to go (Pokal final)

and last season

55 total goals produced (35 goals and 20 assists) all comps in 4271 minutes, including tearing it up in the CL (a hat trick v Citeh for instance)

85 total goals produced in 6900 or so minutes (57 goals, 28 assists) with a game to go

Yep. Nkunku is a proper technical footballer as well as an explosive athlete. Timo is a knock it and sprint player who needs lots of space to do his damage on the ball.

Very curious how and where he’s going to be used here. With the money we paid for Mudryk and the contract we gave him we have to make him work out for us. I think he’ll be much better with a full preseason under a proper coach. So that’ll be our left wing sorted. We’re going to have a new #9 so Nkunku won’t play there. And for the RW I’m not sure he’s ever played on that side.

So assuming Poch sticks with 3-4-3 there’s going to be one hell of a selection headache when trying to select between Mudryk, Nkunku, Sterling, Madueke, Havertz, and potentially Felix. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So assuming Poch sticks with 3-4-3 there’s going to be one hell of a selection headache when trying to select between Mudryk, Nkunku, Sterling, Madueke, Havertz, and potentially Felix. 

Poch is dominantly using 4231 

15 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

The funniest part is...an injured Hazard would still be the best attacker at Chelsea right now....that's how far our standards have fallen since his departure to Madrid

I do wonder what the club does with someone like Havertz as he won't be a 15+ goal a season striker for Chelsea and even Mudryk has looked horribly off the pace (so far), feel like Pochettino is in for a rough ride with our rubbish attack.    At least he had Kane + Son at his previous club to score goals and get results

I am sorry but an injured Hazard would be horrible here. Wouldn't touch him for 10m. In fact wouldn’t take him on a free transfer. Has never done anything of note at Madrid so how would he be the best attacker here? People still think he is the same 26,27,28 year old he was here. He isn’t.

Our attackers are poor but Hazard has barely done anything at Madrid which makes me think he’d fare any better.

12 hours ago, Tomo said:

He actually wouldn't be, our current attackers are inconsistent to poor but Eden is Alexis Sanchez at United levels of bad.

Nail on head. 

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Had a successful stint using 343 at Spurs also. Pretty sure his back 3 was Sanchez-Alderwereild-Vertonghen then Rose/Davies and Walker/Trippier wing backs if I remember correctly.

Think we could see something like that with Fofana, Silva and Colwill(Badiashile also when fit) with Reece and Chilwell/Cucurella as wingbacks.

But depends also he has used a back 4 a lot but honestly don’t think it really suits the likes of Fofana, Chalobah (if he stays) and even the wing backs nearly as much as a back 3 would. 

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Had a successful stint using 343 at Spurs also. Pretty sure his back 3 was Sanchez-Alderwereild-Vertonghen then Rose/Davies and Walker/Trippier wing backs if I remember correctly.

Think we could see something like that with Fofana, Silva and Colwill(Badiashile also when fit) with Reece and Chilwell/Cucurella as wingbacks.

But depends also he has used a back 4 a lot but honestly don’t think it really suits the likes of Fofana, Chalobah (if he stays) and even the wing backs nearly as much as a back 3 would. 

Very interested to see which he tries to implement initially. I just figured he’d play with 3 CB’s but who knows.

On one hand it will probably make our attack much more dangerous if we play in a 4-2-3-1 so that we can fit 3 super talented AM’s + a new striker. But then on the other hand the 3 at the back suits so many of our defensive personnel. Reece and Chilly are totally different players when not playing as wingbacks. Having a 39 year old Silva in a 2 is dangerous. And then we’d end up having like a hundred million worth of CB’s we’ve just recently bought on the bench not playing.

3 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Finally, we can sell the deadwood and reduce the size of the squad...

If only someone buys…

I think club was always open to sell the deadwood, only the financial viability of it was not there. I hope TB is not going to let 10 men go for free a'la Barkley, as we are going to get mugged this window anyway…

1 hour ago, Vegetable said:

If only someone buys…

I think club was always open to sell the deadwood, only the financial viability of it was not there. I hope TB is not going to let 10 men go for free a'la Barkley, as we are going to get mugged this window anyway…

I think the fortunate thing for us is that a lot of our deadwood are either still young, are English, or are pretty big “names.” Or a combo of all those things. Pulisic is a huge name due to his nationality, is still young, and has the talent some other clubs would find exciting. We should easily be able to find a buyer for him. If the desire from our side is there the likes of Mount, Gallagher, RLC, Kova, etc will all be simple to move.

We thankfully aren’t in a spot like Arse or United were recently where they had loads of shit players who had been dreadful for multiple seasons and nobody wanted. We’ve got a bunch of players who could still turn out to be very good if given a fresh start elsewhere.