Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don’t like that I’m reading tweets about how Poch may fancy Gallagher to stay and be an important player. For me he’s 100% one that should be going. We can get very good money for a player who simply isn’t Chelsea quality. We could fund most of a new, top class DM (other than Rice) with the money we’d get for Gallagher alone.

Pulisic, Ziyech, Gallagher, Koulibaly, RLC, Kepa, Mendy, Auba, and Zakaria should all be the 100% gone players

Mount and Kova are two that can stay but I wouldn’t be that sad to see go at this point.

We really need to stop with this “new manager can get ____ back to his best” stuff that we do with each new cycle. A bunch of these players have underperformed under manager after manager and are never going to be consistent. Time to bite the bullet and do a mass clear out.

even havertz can go 

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don’t like that I’m reading tweets about how Poch may fancy Gallagher to stay and be an important player. For me he’s 100% one that should be going. We can get very good money for a player who simply isn’t Chelsea quality. We could fund most of a new, top class DM (other than Rice) with the money we’d get for Gallagher alone.

Pulisic, Ziyech, Gallagher, Koulibaly, RLC, Kepa, Mendy, Auba, and Zakaria should all be the 100% gone players

Mount and Kova are two that can stay but I wouldn’t be that sad to see go at this point.

We really need to stop with this “new manager can get ____ back to his best” stuff that we do with each new cycle. A bunch of these players have underperformed under manager after manager and are never going to be consistent. Time to bite the bullet and do a mass clear out.

Yeh gallagher is awful. He’s a passion and passport merchant. Barely premier league quality 

8 hours ago, Pizy said:

We really need to stop with this “new manager can get ____ back to his best” stuff that we do with each new cycle

While I don't disagree, I also think we need to stop the FIFA2016-esque "let's sell 15 players and get 20 new ones" talk every window, unless we joking.

People seem to struggle to understand that individual talent goes so far, but generally football is all about synergy and we need knowledgable footballing department to build this. Players, who are not the best in their category, but complement each other will probably give better output, than random fellas who did good on yt compilations. That's perhaps a reason why so many players shine before and after they play for Chelsea, but not quite while being here.

A while ago we very smartly let all the senior players go and it bites us to this day. All that TB shopping madness was pretty good build of talent's pool, but I don't see how should their form Chelsea starting 11 and people at the same time call to get rid of pretty much every player who had been here more than two years and dump all the HG, because who cares for rules, we can always replace entire team when they get over 21 years of age.

Even Real seem to have switched in recent years from buying all-star to keep their core and seek precisely for proven talent, who fit their philosophy, because the playstation approach just doesn't quite work anymore. There's so much more to building great team, than just buying "better mf/gk", just look at how City is managed in this manner. Tuchel was shat on for wanting players people on the internet doesn't like, but the difference is he had some idea on how and what for to use them, not just "get me some talented guys and we will see how to powertape them to the team", as it's a mid-table way of dealing with things. Meanwhile in the summer we will have like what, 5, 8 nominal AMF's? Bold and very thought-out move for a team, that doesn't really utilize AMF.

Edited by Vegetable

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Whilst on the face of things, Gallagher seems very much someone who I would look to sell, it would be foolish for the club to sell players that Poch wants to keep unless there is good reason for it (e.g. expiring contract).

At present Gallagher just looks at times like a headless chicken, maniacally pressing anything or anyone with a pulse. But in fairness, he is hardly being helped currently by a squad of players that look unfit, unmotivated and uncoached to press together as a unit. Would Gallagher find himself a more effective player with a coach who can get hold of him and hone his strengths into his own system of football which involves a lot of running, a lot of pressing and a high tempo?

Some players fit, suit and flourish under different managers and circumstances. A great example of this would be Victor Moses under Conte. Very much on the outer at the club but Conte saw something in him that he liked and good utilise and once we switched to the wing back system, there wasn't a better player in the squad we had at the time to play that role. 

Put simply, Poch doesn't strike me as someone who is going to throw his toys out the pram if we fail to sign a transfer target. But on the flip side, we should at the very least back him in his decision making with players already in the squad. He has a track record behind him for being able to develop and improve players so if Gallagher is someone that he sees something in, then I think he needs backing on that.

23 minutes ago, Superblue said:

Whilst on the face of things, Gallagher seems very much someone who I would look to sell, it would be foolish for the club to sell players that Poch wants to keep unless there is good reason for it (e.g. expiring contract).

At present Gallagher just looks at times like a headless chicken, maniacally pressing anything or anyone with a pulse. But in fairness, he is hardly being helped currently by a squad of players that look unfit, unmotivated and uncoached to press together as a unit. Would Gallagher find himself a more effective player with a coach who can get hold of him and hone his strengths into his own system of football which involves a lot of running, a lot of pressing and a high tempo?

Some players fit, suit and flourish under different managers and circumstances. A great example of this would be Victor Moses under Conte. Very much on the outer at the club but Conte saw something in him that he liked and good utilise and once we switched to the wing back system, there wasn't a better player in the squad we had at the time to play that role. 

Put simply, Poch doesn't strike me as someone who is going to throw his toys out the pram if we fail to sign a transfer target. But on the flip side, we should at the very least back him in his decision making with players already in the squad. He has a track record behind him for being able to develop and improve players so if Gallagher is someone that he sees something in, then I think he needs backing on that.

Even if Gallagher improves I don’t see where he plays. Especially when we’ll have only the PL to play for most of the season. 

He’s the sort of guy who needs to be playing every match to reach his best form and he won’t get that here. Especially since we’ll be buying a new midfielder to partner Enzo. So it’ll be another season next year where he’s riding the bench. 

I’d rather sell a squad player like Conor for £40m or whatever and use that money. Poch is brilliant at developing young players so we can keep Chukwameka in the team to work under him. He’s got more talent than Gallagher anyways.

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Even if Gallagher improves I don’t see where he plays. Especially when we’ll have only the PL to play for most of the season. 

He’s the sort of guy who needs to be playing every match to reach his best form and he won’t get that here. Especially since we’ll be buying a new midfielder to partner Enzo. So it’ll be another season next year where he’s riding the bench. 

I’d rather sell a squad player like Conor for £40m or whatever and use that money. Poch is brilliant at developing young players so we can keep Chukwameka in the team to work under him. He’s got more talent than Gallagher anyways.

I agree with this if it was my choice, but at present we're all speculating what we think Poch may do and how he may set up.

Going back to what I mentioned with Victor Moses, no one would have expected him to play that role for us. If there is a plan for him that Poch has, then in my opinion the manager needs to be backed when it comes to selling players.