Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Already got Rico Lewis and Kyle Walker there which is apparently why they were keen to let him go. More LB their struggling with although Ake has done well, wouldn’t be surprised if they prioritised a more natural left footed LB as I think Gomez has struggled to convince them. But again not many of them out there, maybe they’re a bit regretful letting Zinchenko go.

yes, they need a LB as well (Walker is not getting any younger at RB, which is why I suggested those 2)

LB is their curse position over the years

they never effectively filled it with a remotely WC player, Cancelo did oki at times there as a right footer there, but he has weirdly flamed out

they have spent (this is cray!) over £250m on just fullbacks (just in t fees, and add-ons, lol) since Pep has arrived

soon over £300m I wager 🤪

Lewis looks pretty decent at right back, but not WC

and if Walker leaves/ages out, they literally are down to only one other fullback

the pedestrian, very meh LB  Sergio Gómez

Ake is far better at CB (he is actually quite decent there, not great, but decent) than LB, its one big reason we let him go

overall

Citeh are FUCKED at fullback, especially if the soon to be 33yo Walker goes down

alleged raper Mendy is still in deep shit legally, and he was never that great anyway

I was surprised they left Spuds buy Destiny Udogie (bruising speed merchant 20yo 1.88m LB from Italy via Nigeria) on the cheap last summer

Destiny on the left and Dumfries on the right, in the Pep system, would be twin 6-2 American footie NFL free safety-bodied terrors

8 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

Bettinelli is gone in the summer alongside RLC. Youngsters don't count and that leaves us with five and that is if we can move KK. If not Chalobah has to go. And we will have to buy Rice and a HG keeper.

RLC is not gone in the summer. 😂

He is on bloody 120kpw and won't ever get those kind of wages again. Stop convincing yourself he will all of a sudden accept a contract that will likely be significantly lower. Bettinelli is also not going anywhere given he was specifically purchased for fulfilling that HG quota. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

RLC is not gone in the summer. 😂

He is on bloody 120kpw and won't ever get those kind of wages again. Stop convincing yourself he will all of a sudden accept a contract that will likely be significantly lower. Bettinelli is also not going anywhere given he was specifically purchased for fulfilling that HG quota. 

Bettinelli contract is up in the summer. He will be most likely replaced by someone else who will never play, but is HG. RLC contract is up in 2024 and if we don't intend to play him at all he will go. Opportunities will be even harder to find if he rots on the bench for a year after all these injuries.

Edited by lluubbeenn

Just now, lluubbeenn said:

Bettinelli contract is up in the summer. He will be most likely replaced by someone else who will never play, but is HG. RLC contract is up in 2024 and if we don't intend to play him at all he will go. Opportunities will be even harder to find if he rots on the bench for a ear after all these injuries.

But the decision to let him go isn't one sided? Ruben has to accept to leave and accept the contract of the buying club. There is no way a club will come close to matching his current 120kpw wages. If anything, he will be lucky to get 50% of that given his injury record and actual quality. 

Ruben seems well happy to have a bit part role here. 

10 minutes ago, lluubbeenn said:

we can move KK

if we had not signed him to that insane wage of £295K PW for FOUR years, we so could have dumped him off NOW to Inter

of all the crazy bad 5 summer 2022 deals, KK at £95 fucking million total (W T F !) is THE WORST by far IMHO, as

Wesley Fofana still (even though I have some real doubts due to what looks like a possible permanent loss of pace, at least so far) can come good in a huge way (I SO hope he does!!!!) I still wish we had just signed Simakan, before he renewed, for 50m or so less, and less on salary too, OR, even better, signed my REAL wish at RCB, Skriniar (too late now, ffs)

CuCu was just a £30m or so overpay, he is not a disaster, if we had paid £30-32m or so, not much more than a peep from me, and he is not on cray money,

Auba the wuthless is soon gone and didn't cost THAT much, and

Sterling still can deffo help (and damn well better!!)

4 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

Its actually done.

Think SKY are just recycling the report we've made a bid. 

Typical SKY though. They see the club name and twist the narrative that we paid the release clause in full vs simply paying the exact number but as installments. 

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Now watch Enzo become a flop 😆

Nah, he's got a skill set that would make him a good player at the very least. 

Glad Potter and Vivell recognize his skill set. Badiashile looks to have settled quite well amid big question marks.