Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Chelsea complete Madueke signing

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/Chelsea-complete-madueke-signing

Noni Madueke has joined Chelsea on a permanent deal from PSV Eindhoven.

The England youth international – one of the most exciting young talents across Europe - has penned a seven-and-a-half-year contract, with a club option to extend for a further year, to seal his move from the Eredivisie high-flyers.

Madueke, a left-footed right winger, becomes our second addition of the week as he follows Mykhailo Mudryk through the doors at Stamford Bridge.

The 5th Stand app editorial/Players stock/Madueke/Madueke_at_his_new_home

'I’m really pleased to sign with one of the best clubs in the world in Chelsea,’ Madueke said on finalising his transfer. 

‘To return to England and play in the Premier League is a dream for me and my family and I can’t wait to get started. I am excited for what the future holds, the owner's vision for the future and to be at a club like this and winning at the highest level.’

Chelsea Chairman Todd Boehly and co-controlling owner Behdad Eghbali said: 'We're delighted to bring Noni to Chelsea. He’s an exciting talent who has proven his quality over the past few years with PSV, playing in a strong European league, and we are thrilled he has chosen to join Chelsea for this next stage of his career. We are sure he will form an important part of our team.’

The 20-year-old midfielder was born in Barnet and came through the ranks at Crystal Palace and Tottenham Hotspur before leaving England to move to the Netherlands and sign for PSV.

Madueke broke into the PSV senior side in 2019, before becoming a regular the season after, netting an impressive seven goals in 24 league appearances.

He was handed the No.10 shirt for the following campaign as he became a key member of the PSV side, providing six goal involvements in 18 outings, and has now opted to take up a new challenge with Chelsea in the Premier League.

Chelsea would like to thank PSV for their cooperation in enabling Noni to take up this new opportunity.

Welcome to Stamford Bridge, Noni!

4 minutes ago, lucio said:

He looked ok for AC Milan a while back , what happened ?

Never rated him all that much after he moved from Atalanta, other than that one big year he had (2020/21) that he has never duplicated before or since

plus he plays in Africa for Côte d'Ivoire, so we would be without him when the AFCON shite is in effect

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree he would score planty in Bayern. But they play 4231 no chance he would displace Musiala for number 10 role. If he goes there he can only play number 9. 

we have bought several players lately who are examples of something I didn't believe existed till last season - a good player who couldn't play in the premiership! 

i always thought a good player could succeed anywhere. havertz ziyek & werner proved me wrong! 

there's been plenty of others if you think about it. cuadradro at Milan (I think) for eg. 

havertz is a classy player but I still can't see what he's supposed to be at Chelsea. 

let's just hope all these new signings aren't just Boely's scatter gun approach & someone with sense is pointing him in the right direction. Time will tell, 🤐

1 hour ago, Bumtrubbler said:

we have bought several players lately who are examples of something I didn't believe existed till last season - a good player who couldn't play in the premiership! 

i always thought a good player could succeed anywhere. havertz ziyek & werner proved me wrong! 

there's been plenty of others if you think about it. cuadradro at Milan (I think) for eg. 

havertz is a classy player but I still can't see what he's supposed to be at Chelsea. 

let's just hope all these new signings aren't just Boely's scatter gun approach & someone with sense is pointing him in the right direction. Time will tell, 🤐

I don't think it is a scatter gun approach, most of the players that are coming in are needed (other than Mudryk...feel like that money should have been spent on a midfielder). 

Now the big question is, how many of the first team squad can we sell in the next window and start a proper rebuild? 

Youssoufa Moukoko Extends his Contract with Borussia Dortmund

The rumors can finally be put to rest. Dortmund’s young superstar is here to stay.

https://www.fearthewall.com/2023/1/19/23562696/youssoufa-moukoko-extends-his-contract-with-borussia-dortmund-bundesliga-bvb-transfer-rumors

Borussia Dortmund Marbella Training Camp - Day 3

One of the Bundesliga’s brightest talents has extended his contract with Borussia Dortmund. Youssoufa Moukoko has been subject to different rumors about a departure lately, linking him with clubs such as Chelsea and Newcastle. Even though these clubs undoubtedly could offer Mouki an attractive economic package, the 18-year old supertalent has, per BILD, penned a new deal that keeps him at the Signal Iduna Park until 2026.

This will be a big relief for Terzic and the board, as Moukoko is one of the brightest talents in the world. On top of that, he has produced very promising numbers this season, collecting six goals and four assist across 14 matches. We don’t know the exact details on the deal yet, but there’s no doubt that Moukoko would be an attractive investment for every major club.

Having Moukoko for a long run will no doubt be a big boost for the club. When players like Malen and Adeyemi have failed to produce, the homegrown player has delivered when it mattered the most (read: A winning goal in the Revierderby and a crucial goal in Der Klassiker). This extension also adds a question mark to the future of players like Thorgan Hazard and Donyell Malen, who have failed to make an offensive impact for quite some time.

Something that probably won’t get mentioned a lot, is the way Sebastian Kehl seemingly has handled this season. I applaud him for drawing a line right from the start, and I think he has been both fair and transparent in his communication towards Mouki and his agent.

If BVB can continue to develop Moukoko, he could quickly turn into one of the best strikers in world football. Even though Mouki isn’t a veteran player, this extension is no doubt crucial - both for the current season and for the seasons to come. With the extension out the way, Moukoko will be able to focus fully on the ongoing Bundesliga season, Champions League campaign and DFB-pokal run. Maybe he’ll even sign off with a goal against FC Augsburg on Sunday?

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

hopefully we soon announce the purchase of one of the following RB's:

Joakim Mæhle
Denzel Dumfries
Pedro Porro
Jeremie Frimpong
Matty Cash  
Nahuel Molina 
Malo Gusto
Iván Fresneda 

Seems we trying for Gusto. 19 years old at a good price is worth a stab. 

17 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

So now psg are looking to sign Theo Hernandez for only 5m more than what we paid for Cucurella 😡

Honestly he didn’t impress me in the CL or at the world cup one bit. Looked incredibly poor defensively. Just looks like a one way full back who would get torn apart in the PL. I mean if he’s going to cost £60-70m then I’d let them have him.

Edited by OneMoSalah

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly he didn’t impress me in the CL or at the world cup one bit. Looked incredibly poor defensively. Just looks like a one way full back who would get torn apart in the PL. I mean if he’s going to cost £60-70m then I’d let them have him.

Theo has really regressed defensively this year, not a nice thing to see for me

there are only 4 world class left backs (unless you stretch to include a healthy and in the groove Chilly) atm

and one doesn't often even play there (Saka)

Alphonso Davies

Nuno Mendes

and Robertson

José Gayà is close, BUT he will never leave Valencia, he likely will be a one club man

86dec678bc7407223bf9ff6232270bd3.png