Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

8 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I would like us to establish philosophy like Bayern. Formation and system wise. Always playing on the front foot, you feel like they can score 3 goals in like 15 mins. 

Agreed but they are in in a very enviable situation. Firstly, they operate in a one team league where the clubs which are supposedly their competitors, in reality serve as an extended academy for them. Secondly, being the main attraction in the dominant pastime in one of the world's most powerful economies, means they attract staggering amounts of sponsorship income. Thirdly, they operate in a city which affords a fabulous lifestyle. Taken together, these factors make FC Bayern Munchen one of the most desirable destinations for the world's best footballers.

When buying our club Todd Boehly spoke of the structural advantages which Chelsea enjoy. Our advantages are almost negligible compared with Bayern's and those advantages allow them to recruit the players to fit their style. Other clubs often have to choose the style to fit the players they can recruit.

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Who will Arsenal take now? We took first 2 options. Depay is close to Atletico and we are still after Thuram. 

I think Arse was crazy to not go for Gapko over Mudryk, as Gapko can play CF as well.

If I was them, I would make a move for Arnaut Danjuma (similar to Gapko in terms of flexibility, and even more comfortable as a CF) 

Also, surely a target must be Yéremy Pino, and I assume they still want Thuram perhaps.

I was always puzzled why they wanted a pure LWer (Mudryk) when they have a potential superstar there already in Martinelli.

Neither likes to play on the right, and they have Saka as RWer already (no clue why T-Markt lists Saka as RMF, as if you look at games where they play a 4 2 3 1, he is always at the same spot, but sometimes they call him a RMF, and others a RW, even though the formation and play are the exact same) He sure seems a RWer to me, BUT can play as a LWB too (maybe RWB as well)

Mudryk is almost ambipedal, he has no issues with shooting with his left foot (his loog passing off his left is not, atm, as good as with his right, BUT his crosses are fine with his left), so he seems like he could play on the RW more so than Martinelli.

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Please drop interest Madueke and Thuram after Mudryk at least.

I don't see Thuram moving in January, he'll have many more options at the end of the season. 

The Madueke interest is just weird considering his injury record...

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think Arse was crazy to not go for Gapko over Mudryk, as Gapko can play CF as well.

If I was them, I would make a move for Arnaut Danjuma (similar to Gapko in terms of flexibility, and even more comfortable as a CF) 

Also, surely a target must be Yéremy Pino, and I assume they still want Thuram perhaps.

I was always puzzled why they wanted a pure LWer (Mudryk) when they have a potential superstar there already in Martinelli.

Neither likes to play on the right, and they have Saka as RWer already (no clue why T-Markt lists Saka as RMF, as if you look at games where they play a 4 2 3 1, he is always at the same spot, but sometimes they call him a RMF, and others a RW, even though the formation and play are the exact same) He sure seems a RWer to me, BUT can play as a LWB too (maybe RWB as well)

Mudryk is almost ambipedal, he has no issues with shooting with his left foot (his loog passing off his left is not, atm, as good as with his right, BUT his crosses are fine with his left), so he seems like he could play on the RW more so than Martinelli.

Interesting point....as apparently Danjuma has been allowed to fly to London to speak to PL clubs about a loan to permanent type of transfer...

People on twitter were mentioning Arsenal/Villa (Emery connection)/Spurs (squad depth for Conte) as options

10 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

We are massively overpaying here similar to how we did on Cucu

CuCu was worse in terms of overpay IMHO

His total cost will be £62 (there was like £7m in addons to the £55m)

which is exactly what we are paying in terms of transfer fee for Mudryk

the £26.5m in addons for MM are likely (some at least) far less likely to be achieved that the small ones for CuCu

I need to see full details

the Guardian (I try to always document what I claim, as I am used to posting on hardcore political and academic boards where you get lit the fook up if you cannot back yer shite up with a source):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/05/Chelsea-confirm-marc-cucurella-signing-from-brighton-in-62m-deal

61c1583480bb39524550b845663f6611.png

6 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

when we start to sell some player?

you wanna buy a gently used Pulisic?

well, not so gently used, but he is good for marketing to the yanks, lolol

She won btw, is now Miss Universe

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Seems like he fits our profile.. Winger and injured/unavailable.

He is more of a CF than a winger

but

but

Injured CFs are also a Chelsea specialty

and injured fullbacks, injured CBs, injured MFers, injured GKers, etc

🤬