Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Robben, Essien, Mikel, Hazard, Kante, Pedro all choose Chelsea over United. Tons of others as well. Ballack for sure had great offers as a free agent but he came here. Bayern definitely wanted to keep him. Same argument can be used for Shevchenko and Torres. They played for great teams but still decided to switch. 

@OhForAGreavsie

Reports are Fofana's previous club from Ivory Coast is trying to block his transfer to Chelsea at CAS as they claim Molde "stole" him in heist in form of "fictionous transfer", orchestrated by Molde and Fofana's mother and they appealed this move to CAS in september already. 

As ridiculous as it sounds, with the love we get from all sporting authorities, watch this stuff blow up in our face soon.  

Edited by Vegetable

6 hours ago, Superblue said:

You really think they'll spend about £250m in the summer for those two?

I'm not even sure they'd be prepared to pay for one of them, let alone two.

Thats their budget apparently for the summer. £250m. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get both.

19 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Reports are Fofana's previous club from Ivory Coast is trying to block his transfer to Chelsea at CAS as they claim Molde "stole" him in heist in form of "fictionous transfer", orchestrated by Molde and Fofana's mother and they appealed this move to CAS in september already. 

As ridiculous as it sounds, with the love we get from all sporting authorities, watch this stuff blow up in our face soon.  

Don't see how that should be our problem. It's between Molde and the other club.

Even if they come crawling back to us, Fofana is not going to get affected. 

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Robben, Essien, Mikel, Hazard, Kante, Pedro all choose Chelsea over United. Tons of others as well. Ballack for sure had great offers as a free agent but he came here. Bayern definitely wanted to keep him. Same argument can be used for Shevchenko and Torres. They played for great teams but still decided to switch. 

Robben did choose us, I agree. That's a second example and that's enough for me to take back the point I initially made. 🙂

I don't recall anyone else matching our offer for Essien. Indeed I remember Aulas saying he would sell Essien to other clubs for half the price he demanded from Chelsea.

The complexities of the situation surrounding MJO's move to Chelsea lead me to feel there were non football factors weighing heavy on that situation.

We got Hazard because he only wanted Real but they were not able to guarantee him game time so he chose what he expected to be a short term temporary home instead.

Ballack was driven by the size of contract, not football.

Before the moves of both Sheva and Nando I said they should not be signed. In Sheva's case I said he had nothing left, in Nando's I argued he never had it. There was no serious competition for those players at the figures involved.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

33 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Ivorian club report Chelsea and Molde to FIFA over David Fofana transfer

https://ghanasoccernet.com/breaking-news-ivorian-club-report-Chelsea-and-molde-to-fifa-over-david-fofana-transfer

Breaking News: Ivorian club report Chelsea and Molde to FIFA over David Fofana transfer

Ivorian club Abidjan City have filed an official complaint with FIFA, urging the world governing body to halt the transfer of David Datro Fofana from Norwegian club Molde FK to Chelsea.

The Abidjan-based club asked FIFA to suspend the £10m transfer claiming the striker was fraudulently signed by the Norwegian club Molde when he joined them two years ago.

Abidjan City asked FIFA to intervene to ensure the decision of its Dispute Resolution Chamber decision is respected by Chelsea who bought the player from the Norwegian club last week.

David Fofana joined Abidjan City Football Club in 2016 as a minor with the authorization of his mother Valerie Datro Mahi but she denied signing the agreement claiming the player was not attached to any club.

Armed with this claim by the player's mother and the approval of some officials of the Ivorian football federation the striker was transferred to Molde.

The transfer to the Norwegian club forced Abidjan City to approach FIFA claiming the striker was fraudulently acquired.

The club's President Marco NE Taddei, a former Ivory coach international, wrote to the Swiss-based organisation last week saying the status of the striker was already a subject of an investigation of the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber.

"I am following the decision rendered by the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber, the conclusions of which were communicated on September 6, 2022, and the reasons communicated on September 7," Marco Ne said in a letter to FIFA.

"Today, we consider that this decision validates the contract which was signed between the player Datro David Fofana and our club on July 31, 2019, and that any transfer, in particular to the Chelsea club, of this player, without our agreement, would be contrary FIFA rules and could be questioned.

"We, therefore, invite you to intervene with the Chelsea club, which is copied, so that the player's transfer is suspended until the dispute between the Molde FK club and ourselves is settled by the CAS.

"We naturally reserve all our rights because we consider that the interest of African football and in particular of our club has been violated by the European club Molde FK, also in copy of this letter."

WhatsApp-Image-2023-01-04-at-16.15.19.jpeg

Chelsea signed the Ivory Coast international Fofana last week from Molde for a fee believed to be between £8m-£10m.

"Chelsea FC has reached a pre-agreement with Molde FK for the transfer of David Datro Fofana. The 20-year-old striker will join the Blues on 1 January 2023. We look forward to welcoming David to the club," a Chelsea statement read.

Fofana, who turned 20 in December, has scored 15 goals in 24 games in Norway's top flight this season.

The striker had only one year remaining on his current contract with Molde for whom he signed in 2021 on a four-year deal.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I don't see that

Still not convinced. Brief passing portion of the video and hardly anything was breath taking. Seems like another dribble merchant adding on to a profile we already have imo. 

Fofana I am excited about. Badiashile I’m on the fence. 

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'd rather Randal Kolo Muani

pretty much every viable CF option atm

Victor Osimhen    

Dusan Vlahovic

Jonathan David  
Ivan Toney  (betting issues???)
Amine Gouiri    
Randal Kolo Muani 
Arnaut Danjuma   
Youssoufa Moukoko (he is only 18 though)
Marcus Thuram
Gonçalo Ramos  
Aleksandar Mitrović (hard as fuck pull now)
Noah Okafor 
Evanilson 
Benjamin Sesko  (tracking to 20 goals, 0 assists over a full season's minutes, at age of 19) 

Hugo Ekitiké  is likely NOT available, so doubt PSG will sell him (other than for CRAY dosh)

stopgap:

Duván Zapata

Brasilian youth:
Yuri Alberto  
Marcos Leonardo 
Vitor Roque   

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Still not convinced. Brief passing portion of the video and hardly anything was breath taking. Seems like another dribble merchant adding on to a profile we already have imo. 

Fofana I am excited about. Badiashile I’m on the fence. 

as I always say

I want to finish off buying

Arsen Zakharyan

and Moukoko

grab a bloody Right-Back (madness this has not been sorted)

and then see what we do in MF (older players, not youth)

from

(removing Enzo and Bellingham)

the remotely available CMF/DMFs left that I rate:

Nicolò Barella (probably impossible atm)
Moisés Caicedo 
Roméo Lavia    
Manu Koné 
Alexis Mac Allister (scored a brace today)
Martín Zubimendi 

Bruno Guimarães (very likely will not leave, after the Tchou turn-down in buying (GRRRRRRRR), the 2nd biggest DMF choke we made in ages)

then

Mikel Merino
Amadou Onana  
Marcos Llorente  
Danilo  (Palmeiras)
Khéphren Thuram
Manuel Ugarte

9b9e0cec632c3474204652836c4176d3.png

side note:

fucking Citeh snatched my Argie youth possible Enzo clone prospect (Máximo Perrone) but Manuel Ugarte (pic above) is a poor man's Uruguayan version, and is also only 21yo

efc611ea00e8dc060f30c77b4a4e684b.png

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tbh, there really isn’t any standout, no-brainer CF to target right now. Hence why I’m seeing United linked with Wout fucking Weghorst today 🤣🤣🤣

There's a reason the striker market is becoming scarse and that's because the game is moving on from the out and out striker.

Even the best one's who still score shitloads look awkward fits (ala Haaland at City, breaking record for fun yet still may lose the title to Arsenal).