Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

https://tbrfootball.com/romano-says-liverpool-and-newcastle-are-monitoring-manu-kone/

snip

He is actually one of the best-performing players in Europe’s top leagues when it comes to dribbling, according to FBRef. The youngster is excellent at progressing the ball and is willing to get involved in the play in the final third of the pitch.

FBRef picks out Brighton’s Moises Caicedo as one player Kone is similar to based on his form over the last year.

Edited by Vesper

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Dari Srna in London this week and will attend our game v City, we will discuss with him about Mudryk in the next 24hrs

shit, we sure AF could use a 24yo Darijo Srna now

he was a superb RB/RWB for Shakhtar and Croatia

d6bd47f9b6a893ad0a7746101d70a1f7.pngDarijo Srna - Player profile | Transfermarkt

Croatia star Darijo Srna urges fans not to taint nation further after  racism and pro-Nazi support | The Sun

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Hopefully Enzo is wrapped up before the City match. If he sees us put in another awful performance and get smacked by multiple goals he may have a change of heart. 😬😬😬

I very much doubt it.

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

What the fuck is going on. 

Not one mention of a Right Back.

Bit worrying.

It’s extremely strange that both Tuchel and now apparently Potter both seem to be perfectly fine using a completely past it Azpi for extended stretches. It’s like they can’t see what we all see.

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not sold on Mudryk at all. Pepe, Sancho, Antony performed in much better leagues and all flopped. He reminds me of Grealish from Villa another flop at City. 

Never actually seen him play but I watched some compilation video of Mudryk last night and I didn't see him as similar to Grealish at all. Hands down Mudryk's best attribute seems to be his explosive pace which he uses to breeze past opponents which is not something I'd describe Grealish with. 

But yeah I'm with you, even in a youtube highlight video I didn't see anything that screamed 'must have' to me. Seems like a decent player who in the right setup could cause some havoc with his pacy dribbling behind the lines but probably not someone to go all-in for.

For a guy with 13 goals in 66 matches for an Ukrainian club as his career total, the price Shakhtar are demanding seems very steep. In the PL he won't have the same space to run at defenders so he could easily end up struggling.

34 minutes ago, DDA said:

What the fuck is going on. 

Not one mention of a Right Back.

Bit worrying.

22 minutes ago, lucio said:

Is there some academy right back , anyone is better than azpi these days 

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s extremely strange that both Tuchel and now apparently Potter both seem to be perfectly fine using a completely past it Azpi for extended stretches. It’s like they can’t see what we all see.

Extremely strange. I guess the type of fullback we want is generally overpriced, like Cucu, but still - surely there is someone we can get as backup for Reece, or someone in the loan army we can recall. We don't need to find the next best RB in the world, as we already have him, but I'm sure we can find players who have stats that improve us on aggregate. I don't buy that players wont want to come either because of Reece - they can see his injury record and also, Reece is so good he could potentially play multiple positions. People like Dumfries or Frimpong are surely both being looked at behind the scenes.