Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

SKRINIAR, JORGINHO, RABIOT: BEST PLAYERS WITH CONTRACTS EXPIRING IN 2023

https://football-italia.net/skriniar-jorginho-rabiot-best-players-with-contracts-expiring-in-2023/

Here’s the list of the most valuable players with a contract expiring in 2023, including Inter defender Milan Skriniar and Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

The Nerazzurri have offered a new contract to the Slovakia international but were not able to match PSG’s offer made last summer. The Serie A giants are confident that the 27-year-old will commit his future to the club but in a matter of weeks, he will be free to sign a pre-contract agreement with any other team ahead of a free move in the summer.

Juventus haven’t yet sat down with Rabiot who is expected to leave Turin on a free transfer in the summer even if the Bianconeri will likely make an attempt to extend his stay at the club.

Italy midfielder Jorginho has been linked with a return to Serie A from Chelsea. The ex-Napoli and Hellas Verona star politely refused to answer a question about his future at Stamford Bridge in his latest interview with Sky Sport Italia.

Here’s a list of the most valuable players (according to Transfermarkt) with a contract expiring in June 2023.

Milan Skriniar (Inter)

Lionel Messi (PSG)

Youri Tielemans (Leicester City)

Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)

Jorginho (Chelsea)

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Marcus Thuram (B. Monchengladbach)

Evan Ndicka (E.Frankfurt)

Leandro Trossard (Brighton)

Thomas Lemar (Atletico Madrid)

N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Daichi Kamada (E.Frankfurt)

Youssoufa Moukoko (B. Dortmund)

Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Konrad Laimer (RD Leipzig)

Ilkay Gundogan (Man City)

Adrien Rabiot (Juventus)

Marco Asensio (Real Madrid)

Viktor Tsygankov (D.Kyv)

Caglar Soyuncu (Leicester City)

Toni Kroos (Real Madrid)

Memphis Depay (Barcelona)

Raphael Guerreiro (B. Dortmund)

Alejandro Grimaldo (Benfica)

Ramy Bensebaini (B. Monchengladbach)

Jonathan Bamba (Lille)

Naby Keita (Liverpool)

Houssem Aouar (Lyon)

Ruslan Malinovskyi (Atalanta)

Moussa Dembélé (Lyon)

Nelson Semedo (Wolves)

David De Gea (Man Utd)

Stefan de Vrij (Inter)

Andrea Belotti (Roma)

Hector Bellerin (Barcelona)

Adama Traore (Wolves)

Luis Muriel (Atalanta)

Luka Modric (Real Madrid)

Angel Di Maria (Juventus)

Marcos Alonso (Barcelona)

58 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

So we are basically turning into Arsenal. Lots of young players. Unproven at a high level. With the idea of being successful 5-10 years down the line. Big risk.

who exactly do you propose we try to buy that we are not is serious talks/linkage with?

I do not understand what people want us to do (and I am utterly dismayed at the whingeing on by many about these young potential super talents we are gobbling up!)

keeping this focused on specific names:

The Big 30 (the best, IMHO, remotely available under 30yo players atm)

bold are the ones we are linked with, some that we are trying like hell to buy, or did in the last window

non bold blue are ones I wish we would go for, but for whom I have seen no really strong links

Jude Bellingham  
Josko Gvardiol
Enzo Fernández

Victor Osimhen (I would prefer him to Vlahović, but I have seen no links and the poison dwarf looms large, well large for a dwarf)
Dušan Vlahović 
Rafael Leão  
Declan Rice  

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia  (poison dwarf as well)
Ousmane Dembélé
Moussa Diaby
Moisés Caicedo
Jan Oblak (he turned us down long ago, which lead to the crazy Kepa buy)
Nicolò Barella (such a hard pull, at thsi point, due to his coast, there are better options)
Milan Skriniar 
João Félix  
Frenkie de Jong 

Bernardo Silva (not sure if available)
Lautaro Martínez
Sergej Milinković-Savić
Bruno Guimarães
Leroy Sané  
Cody Gakpo 
Theo Hernández (such a hard pull, and we have 2 LBs, plus I am worried about his defence now, like Bastoni, atm, he has regressed)
Mikel Merino 
Marcos Llorente    
Martín Zubimendi  
Alessandro Bastoni (no chance BOTH Skriniar and Bastoni leave in the same window, and Bastoni keeps saying he doesn't want to leave Italy, and Skriniar is better anyway)
Federico Chiesa (when/if fully recovered)
Florian Wirtz   (when/if fully recovered)
Mikel Oyarzabal  (when/if fully recovered)

then rounding out the top 50 of the best available players under 30

bold are again ones we have been strongly linked to or tried to buy with a concrete offer already

Youri Tielemans (he should go to NUFC)
Alexis Mac Allister (his price will now be crazy though)
Rúben Neves
Amadou Onana    
Mykhaylo Mudryk  
Roméo Lavia
Manu Koné
Denzel Dumfries
James Maddison
Lorenzo Pellegrini  
Dani Olmo    
Dominik Szoboszlai
Jurrien Timber 
Benoît Badiashile 
Robin Le Normand  
Evan Ndicka   
Mohamed Simakan (can play RB too)
Piero Hincapié 
Gonçalo Inácio  
Jonathan David   (I see a lot of him in Datro) 

That long list is the best out there, unless I am missing a couple (that is completely a legit debate if you have someone I am missing)

Who am I missing?

Who are these mythical top players we are not trying for that I have not marked?

I do NOT want to see unavailable players listed (hell, I put in a few who are very tenuously available already)

Edited by Vesper

Warren Zaïre-Emery - World Class Potential

5dd453fe80db525cbe7da0878070b6aa.png

248386b9a8c4c07ca7eeb25273973084.png

• Date of birth: 08/03/2006
  • Positions: Number 8
  • Club: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
  • Nation: France

Warren Zaïre-Emery was the revelation of the this season’s UEFA Youth League. At just 15 years old, not only was he one of the youngest prospects to play in the tournament, he started all but one game as an exciting Paris Saint-Germain team reached the quarter-final stage.

He has been a prominent name in youth football circles for a little while now, impressing at the Al-Kass Cup. He further confirmed his elite-level talent by dominating midfielders against largely 2005-born players in the 2022 UEFA U-17 European Championship, which France won.

After an outstanding season and summer, PSG had to fast-track him into the senior set-up. He’s currently on the fringes of the first-team, playing minutes when the situation allows. He’s signed a professional contract at PSG and become the club’s youngest-ever player.

WARREN ZAÏRE-EMERY'S STYLE OF PLAY

Zaïre-Emery is an extremely advanced and rounded player for his age; there aren’t any obvious weaknesses to his game, more specific skills which he can hone further as he grows and gains experience.

He can be whatever he needs to be in midfield, capable of adapting his role and responsibilities at short notice. He can sit and organise play from the base of midfield, he can be the driving midfielder between both boxes, he can be forward-breaking runner – he has it all to do it all. Plug-and-play would be a suitable label to tag Zaïre-Emery with. A versatile athletic profile underpins his game too; he’s highly-developed for his age in this regard too, with a solid core and smooth change of pace.

Expect to hear a lot more about Zaïre-Emery in the coming months and years. PSG will have to battle fiercely to keep hold of him – to do so, they will have to prove they can provide him the minutes his talent demands. He will be playing senior football before long, wherever he is.

Warren Zaïre-Emery has multiple elite attributes. He has an incredible physical profile that combines mobility, strength and speed, combining it with high level technical quality and plenty of aggression.

It is hard to pinpoint one in Warren Zaïre-Emery’s game, but carrying the ball a little to long at times would probably be the main concern. He can also drift out of games occasionally.

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Warren Zaïre-Emery - World Class Potential

5dd453fe80db525cbe7da0878070b6aa.png

248386b9a8c4c07ca7eeb25273973084.png

• Date of birth: 08/03/2006
  • Positions: Number 8
  • Club: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
  • Nation: France

Warren Zaïre-Emery was the revelation of the this season’s UEFA Youth League. At just 15 years old, not only was he one of the youngest prospects to play in the tournament, he started all but one game as an exciting Paris Saint-Germain team reached the quarter-final stage.

He has been a prominent name in youth football circles for a little while now, impressing at the Al-Kass Cup. He further confirmed his elite-level talent by dominating midfielders against largely 2005-born players in the 2022 UEFA U-17 European Championship, which France won.

After an outstanding season and summer, PSG had to fast-track him into the senior set-up. He’s currently on the fringes of the first-team, playing minutes when the situation allows. He’s signed a professional contract at PSG and become the club’s youngest-ever player.

WARREN ZAÏRE-EMERY'S STYLE OF PLAY

Zaïre-Emery is an extremely advanced and rounded player for his age; there aren’t any obvious weaknesses to his game, more specific skills which he can hone further as he grows and gains experience.

He can be whatever he needs to be in midfield, capable of adapting his role and responsibilities at short notice. He can sit and organise play from the base of midfield, he can be the driving midfielder between both boxes, he can be forward-breaking runner – he has it all to do it all. Plug-and-play would be a suitable label to tag Zaïre-Emery with. A versatile athletic profile underpins his game too; he’s highly-developed for his age in this regard too, with a solid core and smooth change of pace.

Expect to hear a lot more about Zaïre-Emery in the coming months and years. PSG will have to battle fiercely to keep hold of him – to do so, they will have to prove they can provide him the minutes his talent demands. He will be playing senior football before long, wherever he is.

Warren Zaïre-Emery has multiple elite attributes. He has an incredible physical profile that combines mobility, strength and speed, combining it with high level technical quality and plenty of aggression.

It is hard to pinpoint one in Warren Zaïre-Emery’s game, but carrying the ball a little to long at times would probably be the main concern. He can also drift out of games occasionally.

he is going to be a massive player

unreal skillset

he is like a cross between a DMF AND a No 10/AMF, and a winger, and a false nine

cannon shot, such pace, such dribbling and passing innate skills, and a great presser/tackler

that goal he scores at 4: 27 in just madness

best young teen MFer I have seen since Bellingham

I so so so want him

Edited by Vesper

Wilson Odobert

36a5ead9b667187dadb3dac0b38650ca.png

For supporters of ESTAC Troyes, these are exciting times…

A yoyo team for much of the past decade, ESTAC won the Ligue 2 title in 2021, and after surviving last season, they’re looking very much at home in Ligue 1 this term, and appear to be here to stay.

Part of the powerful City Football Group, one of Troyes’ strengths is their ability to attract young talents, including the 17-year-old prodigy Wilson Odobert.

The pacy attacker, who moved to Champagne country from Paris Saint-Germain in the close season, is featuring regularly under coach Bruno Irles. His silky skills, direct running and goals have helped Troyes climb to the relative comfort of mid-table.

'Big potential'

“He’s a boy who is discovering senior football with us this season,” coach Irles told The Ligue 1 Show on beIN Sports. He was playing in the Under-19s last season. He has big potential, but he must take one step at a time.”

Lens Troyes Odobert

Irles is being careful with the precocious dribbler, often using Odobert’s talents off the bench. That was the case last weekend when Troyes took on their local rivals Stade de Reims. Just 34 minutes in, however, an injury to Lucien Agoumé prompted the hosts to make an early change. Odobert was immediately in the thick of the action.

“He didn’t start the game, but he was important when he came on,” added Irles. “He’s very humble, he listens, he works hard. He played well at Clermont, then found himself on the bench. When he came on he showed the right attitude.”

Odobert equalised for Troyes six minutes into the second half, taking advantage of a goalkeeping error to notch his third goal of the season. Already a popular figure in the dressing, his first weeks at Troyes have been mightily impressive.

Secret weapon

“He’s a good kid with a big future ahead of him. We’re trying to help him as much as we can, and I think he could have a great career,” said teammate Renaud Ripart.

World Cup-winning centre-back Adil Rami added: “He’s very lively, he has energy and gives everyone around him energy. He presses very well too, and that’s important to say, because not everyone closes down like that. He has a big future and we’ll take good care of him.”

Jackson Porozo’s late goal clinched Troyes a share of the spoils against Reims and Odobert enjoyed the celebrations as much as anyone. The teenager’s goals have contributed to two wins and a draw now, and Irles knows it’ll get harder and harder to keep the club’s secret weapon out of the limelight.

“If he’s getting minutes, it’s because he deserves it. He has a great season ahead of him, it’ll be up to me to manage him well,” he said.

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

So we are basically turning into Arsenal. Lots of young players. Unproven at a high level. With the idea of being successful 5-10 years down the line. Big risk.

Not that we should be 'turning into Arsenal' but the team needs significant change.  I don't mind the long term view point from the club as we have been "papering over the cracks" for a while and if this means there will be a bit of a clear out in the next 2-3 transfer windows, that may be a good thing. 

The question will be, can the club & Potter attract top class players during this period of transition (especially if CL football is out of reach)

41 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he is going to be a massive player

unreal skillset

he is like a cross between a DMF AND a No 10/AMF, and a winger, and a false nine

cannon shot, such pace, such dribbling and passing innate skills, and a great presser/tackler

that goal he scores at 4: 27 in just madness

best young teen MFer I have seen since Bellingham

I so so so want him

Well if our board is as good as they say, he should be on our radar.

Edited by chelsea_4_eva

Welp, the Rice haters may get their wish:

Report: West Ham star Declan Rice is open to joining Chelsea but only on one condition

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/12/24/report-west-ham-star-declan-rice-is-open-to-joining-Chelsea-but-only-on-one-condition/

West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice is reportedly open to making a move to Chelsea in the summer.

According to the report by The Atlhetic, the English midfielder is ready to sign for the London giants but on one condition, i.e, they qualify for the Champions League this season.

As per the report by Daily Mail, West Ham are looking for £100 million for the 23-year-old, while, The Athletic have reported that they are looking for a fee around £150 million.

And if the new owners decide to hand Potter an open chequebook, it will be impossible for David Moyes to stop the move from happening.

Declan, according to the Athletic, is refusing to sign a new contract with West Ham and will leave the club in the summer of 2023 with the player looking forward to making a move to Chelsea but only if they qualify for the most prestigious European competition.

His contract with the Hammers expires in 2025 and this will perhaps be one of the only chance West Ham will get to maximise their profit on him.

The thing is, which potential CL club both needs a new DM and will also spend over £100m on Rice? City won’t because they don’t need him. Arse could do with him I guess but would never pay that much. Liverpool could technically use him but are looking at other midfielders. United just signed one of the top players in his position. West Ham to Newcastle would be a sideways move. Spuds would never spend £100m or more on a DM.

We look like the only realistic option for him. Couple of aging midfielders coming off our books, best mate is here, his boyhood club etc. 

Badiashile looks like it could be smart business. Good scouting might save us nearly 100m here, maybe things are actually changing for the better. Feels like the kind of deal signing Tchouameni 1.5 years ago would've been.

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

When did rice become a bad player? Or is this purely because he's another English player bullshit? 

I hate when this narrative is rolled out.

The "boring English names" of John Terry and Reece James were/are widely thought of as world class amoung almost the entire fanbase.

30 minutes ago, DDA said:

People saying we are the new Arsenal because we are buying young players!!

Lol So you just want old players brought in with no vision for the future?

Weird bunch.

I'm super excited

For me it's not signing the young players I'm happy we're going down that route but I fear we're going a bit too far the other way.

As far as I'm aware the Busby Babes are the only exception to the rule that defacto U23 teams don't really win the big titles. Even United CO92 needed experience around them.

And then if we can't offer the titles the best of the youngsters may get their head turned by teams that can.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

For me it's not signing the young players I'm happy we're going down that route but I fear we're going a bit too far the other way.

As far as I'm aware the Busby Babes are the only exception to the rule that defacto U23 teams don't really win the big titles. Even United CO92 needed experience around them.

And then if we can't offer the titles the best of the youngsters may get their head turned by teams that can.

Nkunku is coming in, who is experienced. We already have R.James who is experienced, Mount who is experienced, Chilwell who is experienced, Kova who is experienced, Chalobah who is experienced. Maybe because most of these players came through the academy, people deem them inexperienced but they are all Champions League winners with multiple campaigns under the belt.