Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

German reports claim Bellingham's camp are only considering Liverpool or City of the English clubs linked. 

Makes sense. 

We need to use Bellingham as motivation. All of us, including Todd B, have known, all along, that Bellingham would not consider Chelsea. The club must set itself the mission of ensuring that, six years from now, Chelsea will be considered by the next Jude Bellingham.

18 hours ago, Jype said:

If I'm not mistaken [Musiala's] move had most of all to do with his decision of switching international allegiance from England to Germany so it made sense for him to go there and try to make a name for himself in the Bundesliga.

And all tied up with the decision to make his life in Germany. Last I saw he still lives with his mum.

6 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Was he seriously linked to us?   Seemed like Real Madrid would be a no brainer considering they have Vinicius & Rodrygo who can show him exactly how to get to the very top. 

Yes, we deffo have been trying hard to signing him

3 hours ago, DDA said:

We are not getting Endrick and we are not getting Bellingham. 

Pipe dreams.

We need to build our own superstars.

I mean we could still realistically get both Enzo Fernandez and Declan Rice. 

This pivot would improve our midfield immensely. 

Enzo -- Rice

Nkunku

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think we fail on Gvardiol, Bellingham,  and Endrick. All 3 likely end up at Real.

I still am not 100% convinced we even land Nkunku, but feel we are favourites atm.

In that case, are they going to ignore Mbappe and Haaland for the next 3–5 years?

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We need to use Bellingham as motivation. All of us, including Todd B, have known, all along, that Bellingham would not consider Chelsea. The club must set itself the mission of ensuring that, six years from now, Chelsea will be considered by the next Jude Bellingham.

Absolutely spot on.

It is imperative that we position ourselves to be far more attractive for future top talent coming through. 

It's not an overnight fix, we will need to build a reputation of developing young players and giving them opportunities, which to be fair some groundwork has been laid here with the likes of Mount, James, Chalobah, Gallagher, etc coming through into the first team set up. But we also need to show ourselves to be a much more stable club which we simply haven't been under Roman's tenure. Players will see and believe in a development plan much more in a stable club and set up.

The bonus to getting this right is we're much better placed than teams like Dortmund and Leipzig to not be treated merely as a stepping-stone. Granted, it's always going to be a problem if Madrid come calling for a player but I think we have a much greater chance of being able to convince top talents to commit to us long term if we get it right and sign them up in the first place.