Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

52 minutes ago, Hermione said:

This place is a retirement home apparently, long big contracts so they make sure it doesn't matter how they play. For all I care he can leave, it's already bad enough Koulibaly was given a 5 year contract.

Tbf...if Koulibaly got a 5 yr contract, Kante deserves it even more.

But agreed, club needs to be more careful about these things. Kantes injury record is becoming a real problem, and this season its happened even before we started playing games in midweek with him.

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Tbf...if Koulibaly got a 5 yr contract, Kante deserves it even more.

But agreed, club needs to be more careful about these things. Kantes injury record is becoming a real problem, and this season its happened even before we started playing games in midweek with him.

Kante got injured earlier in the summer and now again. From absolutely nothing by the way. Like you stated, we haven't even played 2-3 matches a week yet which is concerning. 

I'm honestly getting fed up on how high a pedestal Kante and Jorginho are at this club in terms of them being irreplaceable when in reality they are holding us back. We need to move on. 

I’d be fine keeping Kante around and using him as a situational player who doesn’t have to play every match.

Jorginho absolutely must go, though. Unless he has some sort of major resurgence in a new way of playing that Potter develops, I suppose.

57 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’d be fine keeping Kante around and using him as a situational player who doesn’t have to play every match.

Jorginho absolutely must go, though. Unless he has some sort of major resurgence in a new way of playing that Potter develops, I suppose.

It makes no sense to offer Kante a four-year contract due to his age clearly catching up with him. We're supposedly already offering him a longer contract than I'd suggested.

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

It makes no sense to offer Kante a four-year contract due to his age clearly catching up with him. We're supposedly already offering him a longer contract than I'd suggested.

I think he will leave on a free

when he is fit, he is still an extraordinary player (I grudgingly admit that Sarri did transform and broaden his game) who vastly improves us, BUT he is fairly unlikely to stay fit for a full season ever again, he is out injured yet again as I type this

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

when he is fit, he is still an extraordinary player (I grudgingly admit that Sarri did transform and broaden his game) who vastly improves us, BUT he is fairly unlikely to stay fit for a full season ever again, he is out injured yet again as I type this

True he's been such a strong , tough players who's put his body through the mill, unfortunately it's taking his toll now, he's just made of cracked glass now, such a shame.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Is he really still so extraordinary? He is capable of pulling a great game, but last season he wasn't any good in most of them (that he was playing)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

It seems the most likely outcome. All things considered, parting ways would be the best decision & we sign a long-term replacement (Rice 😐).

Edited by LAM09

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

It seems the most likely outcome. All things considered, parting ways would be the best decision & we sign a long-term replacement (Rice 😐).

I do hope we look at alternative options as Declan Rice will be at least 100+ million (based on West Ham's f*ck off price tag of 150 million) and he's definitely not worth that.  

I love Kante.i will always love Kante.but i’m totally fine with him leaving on a free.he has repaid his transfer fee.

i wouldnt have offered him anymore than a rolling one year contract.we would be foolish to offer him the length we reportedly have let along that which he reportedly desires. No hard feelings,just don’t agree to it..time for younger players to rise and shine!

The problem with Kante is his wages. 

If he wanted a 3 year contract but his wages were incentivised through his productivity and amount of games he was playing, I'd be inclined to keep him but I assume he wouldn't be entertaining a drop in wages, or at the very least a substantial one.

As good as Kante has been and arguably still is, we cannot justify having one of, if not the highest earner playing no more than 50% of the games and probably needing to be managed from here on in during his career when he is fit.

Retiring from international duty after the World Cup I think would be a big help to him trying to prolong his career at the top level.