Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Just sign a DMF please. 2 would be great. I honestly think that would solve a lot of problems. We have nothing connecting the back and the front of our team. No solidity and assurance in the middle. 

We need a DMF and another player who can actually drive the ball forward. I think a lot of the problems get solved from that. DMF makes the defences job easier, and a guy who can carry the ball forward gets us up the field quicker/breaks down players and makes life for attackers easier as they get easier shots, or shots against defences that aren't set. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I seriously don’t want to bring myself saying Poch in but Tuchel is testing me

I’ve been thinking about this as well. Another poor result or two in a row and Boehly needs to have Poch on speed dial. Knows how to work in this back 3 system and knows how to coach a team that works as a complete unit.

He has to be the guy if things don’t improve drastically in the next couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, Kong said:

Poch isn't the answer failed at Tottenham failed at PSG!

Who is the answer?? Genuine question because I don't know of many managers if I'm being honest. 

3 minutes ago, Kong said:

Poch isn't the answer failed at Tottenham failed at PSG!

Poch was always going to fail at PSG. I don't think he is the manager to manage massive egos. 

But let's be very fair, poch did not fail at spurs. He brought them from the "mid of top table" obscurity to almost winning the PL and CL. Spurs did a spurs and choked it, you can blame it on poch, that's fair, but given the resources he had, the brand of football he played and how far he bought spurs, that should be counted as a success. 

Poch is not perfect, but he is a much better option than TT 

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

Who is the answer?? Genuine question because I don't know of many managers if I'm being honest. 

There isn't a proven option, but given time and backing, which Tuchel is seemingly receiving, Potter could be a shout soon enough.

19 minutes ago, blahblahblah said:

Poch was always going to fail at PSG. I don't think he is the manager to manage massive egos. 

But let's be very fair, poch did not fail at spurs. He brought them from the "mid of top table" obscurity to almost winning the PL and CL. Spurs did a spurs and choked it, you can blame it on poch, that's fair, but given the resources he had, the brand of football he played and how far he bought spurs, that should be counted as a success. 

Poch is not perfect, but he is a much better option than TT 

Poch couldn't beat Leicester to a title for me thats his failings.

Rice has seemed inevitable at some point but not yet.still we should atleast be getting a DM in now who can start for now but be Rice’s understudy in the future.doesn’t have to be a big name just someone who can take us away from ping pong football.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

... and injury prone midfielders. 

This is what worries me moving forward. 

I was not the first person on the 'now is the time to sell N'Golo to maximise his value while ensuring that his output diminishes on someone else's payroll' bandwagon at the end of the season before last. It did feel however that, by the end of last season, I was the only person still there. If the club does not feel it can afford to let him go even still that's fine. I can accept it but I really want to see progress towards a more resilient squad which allows us to make strategic outgoing transfers in the not too distant future. As it is we are clinging to NG amid rapidly diminishing returns.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

2 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Ziyech, Pulisic, RLC, Jorginho, Gallagher, Mount, Havertz arent good enough for Chelsea. They should get sold ASAP.

Mason is in the can't be good without him, can't be great with him, category for me. We cannot afford to be without him at the moment but moving to a situation where we can should be a goal.

It we are not cautious enough we can read all sorts of articles about the renaissance of RLC, or about how he has finally found his place in the Chelsea set up. All such articles ignore a stark reality in my view. Namely that Ruben is now a Chelsea regular because we became worse, not because he became better. 

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Mason is in the can't be good without him, can't be great with him, category for me. We cannot afford to be without him at the moment but moving to a situation where we can should be a goal.

It we are not cautious enough we can read all sorts of articles about the renaissance of RLC, or about how he has finally found his place in the Chelsea set up. All such articles ignore a stark reality in my view. Namely that Ruben is now a Chelsea regular because we became worse, not because he became better. 

Mason just needs to be dropped for a few games IMO. Light a fire in his belly.

Surprised to hear that he started this game. More so than the result. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Mason just needs to be dropped for a few games IMO. Light a fire in his belly.

Surprised to hear that he started this game. More so than the result. 

The thing is, all the other options are worse. No attacking option is actually good enough.

Edited by Gundalf