Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

18 hours ago, Vesper said:

Rajkovic is the least expensive on that list. £20-25m or so would pull him, probably less

Stade Reims is a true minnow side, their entire market value is £66m atm 

look at their top value players

3ff5a088bd9d88f99d7eb97da685139d.png

8de19cd2002b9aed751704933e990e22.png

Rajko :wub:

So, if we do get Harvetz in for £75m'ish, surely that is our transfer funds gone with Werner and Ziyech as well. 

What does everyone think we need after that and how do they think the club can raise the cash to pull it off? For me, I would be looking at something like the following: 

GK2 - I have no time for Kepa but also appreciate that shifting him is almost impossible. Further, Willy is now getting to the stage where you want him as a GK3 rather than a GK2. For me, we should look at someone like Foster if Watford go down. He would be free and keep Kepa honest. If Kepa continues to be crap then next Summer's budget can go towards a GK as Foster is not going to completely disgrace himself. Free

LB - For me, I do not want to spend crazy money on Chilwell. I have seen a lot of Chilwell this season and I just do not get the hype. If he wasn't English no one would want him. All he has over Alonso is stamina and pace, but Alonso is much better going forward. For me, it seems we really need a Robinson type (note not level as there isn't anyone available) of FB so we can play a back four then use Alonso in a back 5. For me, Telles ticks all the boxes here. Cheap, right age and can also take a set piece. He isn't get at defending but I do not think any of the top FB's are these days as if you want one that is good at defending you then need to accept they are going to play like Dave/AWB. £25m

CB - This is where things get difficult. I just do not see a player where we can all go, take that one, then we are set. KK is still very good but is getting on a will be a sunk cost if brought. Romagnoli whilst good does have questions over his ability to play in a more physical league. Further I doubt he will leave Italy. My ideal is De Ligt but that would take next level amounts of cash and wages so he has to be ruled out. The other players that have been mentioned such as the Florence CB, I have not actually seen play a game and I do not recommend or dismiss players based on their youtube vids/stats. They may be great, but I cannot say and I fully appreciate they may be better than the two I am about to suggest. 

However, I wouldn't actually mind someone like a Dunk or a Coady. Both of those players organise/lead their back lines, have plenty of PL experience and are at a good age. Obviously these players are not going to become VDV reincarnated but with the way our CB's have been playing this season, just getting someone who can organise us and head a cross would be game changing. £35m. 

DMF/CB2 - Rice - I think he would actually be a very good long term bet but something needs to be done about his price as people are talking about £70m, which is almost Harvetz level. For me, £45-50m is fair when you take into consideration English tax. This I think will take some clever swap. I reckon we should be looking at Barkley plus £20m.

When looking at out goings, we then have to get shot of the following; 

1 x AC/Rudi/Zouma - I would probably lean towards keeping AC as I want to see him play alongside a commanding CB but appreciate others will want him gone. Fee to be recieved £25-£40m (depending on who is sold) 

Emerson - Loan to buy (€20m/£18m)

Barkley - £25m-£35m/Swap

Baka - £20m - I see loads of people give him £30m values but I just do not see it as he will end up at a Milan or something and they just do not have the cash. Also, lets be honest he is crap. 

Batsh*t - £15m 

Potential sales

Jorgi - £35-£50m - Let's see is Sarri wants his 'son' back. 

Kante - £75m - Only to be sold for a high offer. Can see PSG doing this.

A number of the loan players these will probably go for £1-£6m. 

Having the base of our midfield being Rice + one of Kante, Jorginho, or Billy would be immense. And if we are indeed after Rice I pray it's as a DM. It's where he has played for all but 1 of West Ham's games since the restart. He looked mediocre in defense but has looked great in midfield.

Just look at the goals conceded by Reims. Best in Ligue1. Better than PSG even.
And there was a time around winter when they were number one in top5 leagues. Tibo was probably the only one with less goals conceded by the time French league was stopped.
He may get transfer in some solid team this summer like Milan, Valencia if they sell first keepers.

He's a fucking bossman

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Chelsea consider signing new goalkeeper whether or not Kepa Arrizabalaga leaves

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/20/chelsea-consider-signing-new-goalkeeper-put-pressure-kepaarrizabalaga/

Chelsea will consider signing a new goalkeeper even if Kepa Arrizabalaga does not leave Stamford Bridge this summer.

Frank Lampard’s decision to stick with his FA Cup goalkeeper, Willy Caballero, for the semi-final victory over Manchester United underlined the fact that Arrizabalaga is yet to fully win over Chelsea’s head coach.

Arrizabalaga has suffered a difficult season in which he lost his Premier League place to Caballero for a time and has faced questions over a number of goals Chelsea have conceded.

Lampard has offered the Spaniard no guarantees past this season, although it would be hard for Chelsea to sell him for anywhere near what they would want given he joined for a £71.6million fee — a world record for a goalkeeper.

Long-term loan moves to Valencia and Seville have been suggested in Spain, along with Chelsea potentially offering the player as part of bids for other goalkeepers such as Jan Oblak or Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

But with Atletico Madrid unlikely to want to do business on Oblak, whose release clause is €120 million, nor Barcelona on Ter Stegen — and Chelsea facing the prospect of subsidising Arrizabalaga's wages to send him out on loan — another scenario is being considered.

Should Arrizabalaga stay, then Chelsea will still examine whether a new goalkeeper could be brought in to put more pressure on him and challenge more regularly for the No 1 spot.

Caballero, who signed a one-year contract extension through to next summer, could drop down to No 3 with a new man, not of the level of Oblak or Ter Stegen, joining to battle with Kepa.

That may seem harsh on Cabellero, but the Argentinian turns 39 in September, and it would be a risk for Lampard to go into next season once again relying on him and Arrizabalaga.

While Lampard and director Marina Granovskaia will have the final say on all transfers, identifying a new goalkeeper is likely to fall on the shoulders of technical and performance director Petr Cech and his former coach Christophe Lollichon.

Lollichon, the man who worked so successfully with Cech during their time together as player and coach at Stamford Bridge, is still working at Chelsea as part of the scouting department.

He and Cech are likely to draw up two lists of potential goalkeeper targets, depending on whether or not Arrizabalaga stays at the club.

On top of Jype's comments, he hasn't played in a back four consistently for Atalanta. The last time he even played in a back four was in 2016/17 for Heracles in Holland. The transition to this would take some time.

8 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If Havertz happens, wouldn't that put Ziyech on the RW? 

Would CHO be happy getting sparse minutes and FA cup starts? Or better to loan him to see if he develops?

So you'd be happy going into next season with just Pulisic and Ziyech as winger options? Willian and Pedro are both gone so if anything Hudson-Odoi should have less competition than this season.

I know Werner and Havertz could cover on the wings if needed, but that's not a natural position for either of them.