Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

To be honest, I thought the level of signings would not even be at the Ziyech and Werner level and thought that we had to get less obvious targets (Benrahma, Rice, Dembele level) or scout in 

But these two signings on board has pushed the quality level we are targeting in other areas as well. Havertz, Werner, Ziyech, Chilwell (or Telles, Alaba, Tagliafico), and Rice (or alternative) will be a stunning window and set us up with a core group for years!

2 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

Thank you for taking the time to dig into it. 

You know as well as me how erroneous information can be shared all over the net by all kind of different sources, some more reliable than others. What those sites usually do is just quoting themselves. Just because i read it on "sillyseason", "soccerladuma!" or "prezi" will not make me buy into it more.

The most legit of the lot would be capology (maybe?), never heard of them and i have no idea of how reliable they are. I tried to find more about them, and by the looks of it, they have been reporting some weird stuff if true (have a look at the below). In the end and as far as i know, there isn't really any reliable website reporting on wages, its often just based on leaks and speculation.

Where i'm getting at with this is that neither you or I really know how much Oblak is earning, and that's a fact. All i know is that it strikes me as highly surprising that he would actually earn those wages, which is why i just don't believe it's accurate.

With that being said, if those numbers are true, we should stay the hell away from him, giving him such high wages would completely disrupt the club's wage structure.

that reddit rando was using this 

this is a faulty database of salaries and it had Koke Vegas the GK listed with Koké the Atleti MF's salary

the rando never had full access to Capology or he would have shown it from the site, not give a link that shows blocked data

he just took a faulty document making the social media rounds and did a FUD troll move

also you keep saying that you cannot believe Oblak is making that when you YOURSELF posted the article that shows he is (its within your article's range)

smdh

someone went in and just erased the salary for Koko Vegas but left his name there

also that salary listed is the OLD salary for both De Gea and Oblak, as they renewed  in 2019  for the 2019-20 season with HUGE raises (they are both paid basically the same, De Gea is on £375K PW, Oblak on £363K PW  at cuurent exchange rates)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18eFUrgZCiJhkrS3hiNB7W1rxXaU7hVjWtW662KSY4Y0/edit#gid=1863090231

0087c44d74185237feea56d805b6bb76.png

@Vesper just want to remind you that your initial postulate was:

"I really do not know why people keep talking about Oblak without explaining how the hell we are going to take on his over £600K PW gross salary. (£358K PW net).

So you realized the net number you threw is actually his gross, that makes more sense. 

Now i was actually never trying to prove he earns X (as you seem to have misread from my posts) or Y, and me quoting AS was really just showing you can fin all kind of information on the internet, not saying at all this was accurate info.. My point of view from the start was that i was really dubious of him netting 358k/week.

Anyway let's put this to bed, cheers.

3 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Does anyone else miss when you used to just talk about a player because he was a good player and not what his take home salary was and how that would affect wage structuring throughout the team 🙄

Those were the good old days

3 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

@Vesper just want to remind you that your initial postulate was:

"I really do not know why people keep talking about Oblak without explaining how the hell we are going to take on his over £600K PW gross salary. (£358K PW net).

So you realized the net number you threw is actually his gross, that makes more sense. 

Now i was actually never trying to prove he earns X (as you seem to have misread from my posts) or Y, and me quoting AS was really just showing you can fin all kind of information on the internet, not saying at all this was accurate info.. My point of view from the start was that i was really dubious of him netting 358k/week.

Anyway let's put this to bed, cheers.

I went back and corrected it all and acknowledged that the article (and that was the only time I ever got into his pay before) incorrectly framed it as his net pay. His gross pay is 20.8m euros per year. That breaks down to £363m PW. I think that destroys our wage structure, but if Roman and the board can make it work (and avoid player mutinies), more power to them. I also think that Oblak (who already once flat-out turned us down, in summer 2018) is going to be very hard to convince.

I am sorry for all the misunderstanding that came from it. I never should have tried to extrapolate off that one article. I simply went off the history of Spanish salaries being quoted in net pay terms (Like the AS article itself did). I do not understand why they do that so often, as the gross pay is far more important to transfers and club underlying financials.

Perfect   Oblak   (108m)

Very Good   DeanHendeson   Rajkovic   (over50m)

Good  Onana    Donnarumma  (35m?)

If we want  better  GK  ,   We  have to raise  more Money .

21 hours ago, Pizy said:

Atleti isn't even a massive, globally supported club. And Lá Liga payouts aren't nearly what PL payouts are, right? How can a club pay wages like that then?

Chinese shareholders bought a 20% (I think?) share in Atletico few years back before selling them after IIRC. They made Simeone is one of highest paid managers and gave bumper deals to Oblak and a few others at the time. 

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Chinese shareholders bought a 20% (I think?) share in Atletico few years back before selling them after IIRC. They made Simeone is one of highest paid managers and gave bumper deals to Oblak and a few others at the time. 

Oblak only signed his new giant contract 15 months ago, April 2019

Oblak signs new Atletico Madrid deal
LaLiga Santander Release clause now 120 million euros
17/04/2019 14:02 CEST

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/04/17/5cb714f922601d07088b4601.html

the Chinese sold out 14 months before

Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin sells Atletico Madrid stake as Wanda continues to trim debt
Dalian Wanda Group had bought a 20pc stake in the Spanish soccer club for US$52m in 2015
Published: 9:16pm, 14 Feb, 2018

https://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2133407/chinese-billionaire-wang-jianlin-sells-atletico-madrid-stake

The Telegraph

Friday July 17 2020

Football Nerd

Should Arsenal cash in on one of their excellent goalkeepers?

Emiliano Martinez is proving more than a capable understudy to Bernd Leno

694F6D30AAA1022BD17A746113A606DC.png

By Daniel Zeqiri

Arsenal relied on a combination of good fortune, stout defending and excellent goalkeeping from Emiliano Martinez to beat Liverpool Wednesday night, and they will need more of the same to stand a chance against Manchester City at Wembley on Saturday.

Bernd Leno was arguably Arsenal's player of the season before his injury at Brighton, and Arsenal fans feared the worst for this season and next when he was stretchered off.

Arsenal are still in with a chance of European qualification via the league as well as one game away from an FA Cup Final, and back-up goalkeeper Martinez has played an important part in keeping their season alive.

Some are even debating whether Martinez can dislodge Leno and claim the No. 1 shirt in the longer-term and if Arsenal should cash in on one of them to generate funds.

The statistics certainly show Martinez has been one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League, and I explore those numbers in greater depth here.

tmg_logo.png Friday July 17 2020

Football Nerd

Should Arsenal cash in on one of their excellent goalkeepers?

Emiliano Martinez is proving more than a capable understudy to Bernd Leno

694F6D30AAA1022BD17A746113A606DC.png By Daniel Zeqiri

Arsenal relied on a combination of good fortune, stout defending and excellent goalkeeping from Emiliano Martinez to beat Liverpool Wednesday night, and they will need more of the same to stand a chance against Manchester City at Wembley on Saturday.

Bernd Leno was arguably Arsenal's player of the season before his injury at Brighton, and Arsenal fans feared the worst for this season and next when he was stretchered off.

Arsenal are still in with a chance of European qualification via the league as well as one game away from an FA Cup Final, and back-up goalkeeper Martinez has played an important part in keeping their season alive.

Some are even debating whether Martinez can dislodge Leno and claim the No. 1 shirt in the longer-term and if Arsenal should cash in on one of them to generate funds.

The statistics certainly show Martinez has been one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League, and I explore those numbers in greater depth here.

Buy Martinez. It has been a long time since a goalkeeper has blown me away with his amazing performances. We sold Arsenal our second choice GK in Cech. I hope they sell Martinez to us lol.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Buy Martinez. It has been a long time since a goalkeeper has blown me away with his amazing performances. We sold Arsenal our second choice GK in Cech. I hope they sell Martinez to us lol.

Thing that is interesting about Martinez is his handling. I haven't seen a GK catch as much stuff as he does when under pressure, for years. It is really impressive from what I have seen. 

However, there are a few things before everyone starts declaring he should be brought. 1) We only have a small sample size to go on, 2) He looks like someone that used to be obese and has lost a lot of weight - apparently one of the main reasons he hasn't really be seen until now is due to his weight, 3) His distribution isn't fantastic and everyone these days wants their GK to be as comfortable on the ball as a midfielder. 

16 hours ago, AOIRO said:

Perfect   Oblak   (108m)

Very Good   DeanHendeson   Rajkovic   (over50m)

Good  Onana    Donnarumma  (35m?)

If we want  better  GK  ,   We  have to raise  more Money .

Rajkovic is the least expensive on that list. £20-25m or so would pull him, probably less

Stade Reims is a true minnow side, their entire market value is £66m atm 

look at their top value players

3ff5a088bd9d88f99d7eb97da685139d.png

8de19cd2002b9aed751704933e990e22.png

Rajkovic is the least expensive on that list. £20-25m or so would pull him, probably less
Stade Reims is a true minnow side, their entire market value is £66m atm 
look at their top value players
3ff5a088bd9d88f99d7eb97da685139d.png

8de19cd2002b9aed751704933e990e22.png
Is there a reason why Rajkovic is never linked with any top club? I have never even seen him play, but people here seem to rate him highly. Does he have any great stats?

53 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Is there a reason why Rajkovic is never linked with any top club? I have never even seen him play, but people here seem to rate him highly. Does he have any great stats?

Just look at the goals conceded by Reims. Best in Ligue1. Better than PSG even.

And there was a time around winter when they were number one in top5 leagues. Tibo was probably the only one with less goals conceded by the time French league was stopped.

He may get transfer in some solid team this summer like Milan, Valencia if they sell first keepers.

Not being funny and it's not ideal but for next season if we could ship off Kepa to atletico and bring in oblak and play this formation we played today,I could happily keep the defence as it is. We'd win a lot more than we'd lose. Please don't give me the figures about why it won't be possible...I don't care! Love this side. Into the final eyyoooooooooo