Chelsea 2-0 Lille

Jase

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

After the first 15 mins when we could've been 3 up.

We've become fucking ponderous for the remaining 35 min🤬

Our midfield is non existent. Kante especially is really bad. 

Blistering opening 10 minutes in which Havertz could’ve had a hat trick and then we lost all energy and allowed them to press us and rush us into mistake after mistake and let Renato Sanches single handedly boss the midfield. Alonso is clearly being targeted and you can see Thiago getting pissed off at him for having to bail him out like 3 times.

Sanches is one hell of a player, btw. I wanted us to get him last summer and would love him still. He’s awesome on the ball and calm as hell.

3 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

After the first 15 mins when we could've been 3 up.

We've become fucking ponderous for the remaining 35 min🤬

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition. Lille are being really physical, pressing well, playing quick balls and are finding their passes. That said the defence aren't giving them anything so I am not too worried as I cannot see them keeping this intensity up past the 65th minute. 

However, there are a few issues. 

First is Alonso, his legs have gone (and he didn't have much before). For me we need someone to keep pace with Sanchez/Bamba's runs, so I would look to bring on CHO. 

Second, is that the CM's aren't keeping the ball/dominating enough. I would bring on Jorgi for Kante to try and get some control in there. 

Last is Ziyech, he isn't liking Lille's physical approach and he isn't getting the him to get on his favoured left foot. For me, I would look at Mount or Werner to come in depending on how fit Mount is and what TT wants to do, go out for more or to try and close down their balls out from the back. However, if they do slow down, then this may not be needed. 

Either way, front line is looking infinitely better. 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

When teams park the bus we are so bad under Tuchel. 

They haven’t parked the bus, though. They’re aggressively pressing in midfield and forcing us to play quicker than Kante and Kova want to.