WorldCup 2022 - Qatar

nachikethas

4 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

its hard for me to cheer for Argentina, too many cunts there

less than normal

I HATE (by now it must be obvious for years) Otamendi

Di Maria has normally folded in big games but I never had a hatred for him

the main thing is they are a typical South American side in terms of the play acting at times (less than Brasil and Chile, but still, it is not a good look), and they have a dark n' dirty side, but you need that at times as well

I do not have a 'sick to my tummy' feeling if they win, like I would have when they played Germany in the 2014 final

they have a lot of players I really like, so that makes it easier

and all respect to Messi

he will now go into the triumvirate of best 3 players of all time

complete toss up due to different eras, but

Pele

Maradona

Messi

and now CLEAR best ever 

people can argue (and will) for ever

the best thing about this is that it completely (or should, as long as the Argies win) put paid to any argument over who is better, CR7 or Messi

I watched a documentary on Messi a year ago or so (maybe 2) with a LONG interview with him

and it started to change my mind on him, he seemed completely human and vulnerable, it was not an act at all, the interview really drilled down

CR7 always seems plastic, even when he is discussing deep emotions that normally one would draw some empathy from

Just now, Vesper said:

Alexis Mac Allister MOTM so far

All this talk about us raiding Brighton again for Trousard, but MacAllister is top class. Some top club is going to get him soon but I can’t imagine what he’ll cost after what we paid for Cucu.