Leicester 0-3 Chelsea

Jase

Just now, Jase said:

Throw Lukaku into the mix and it would probably become a different story. 👀

Indeed, his static performances hamper the fluidity of the attacking players. I get the argument that he is a more clinical player and that we can be frustrating in not finishing enough off but as I said before we brought him his technical limitations and habit of standing and pointing rather than making off the ball runs is an issue as it hampers chance creation. 

For me, I really don't want him starting the next two games, as we won't create enough chances, so it is a moot point if he is a better finisher. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Indeed, his static performances hamper the fluidity of the attacking players. I get the argument that he is a more clinical player and that we can be frustrating in not finishing enough off but as I said before we brought him his technical limitations and habit of standing and pointing rather than making off the ball runs is an issue as it hampers chance creation. 

For me, I really don't want him starting the next two games, as we won't create enough chances, so it is a moot point if he is a better finisher. 

Would also add to Pizy's initial point is a tad flawed since it also depends on players' form and maybe even the opponent. Too often our players' form have fluctuated and Leicester were also broken by the time we made the subs today. 

As for Lukaku, won't be surprised if Tuchel just shoehorns him into the XI on Tuesday or next Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

his passing was pants

I agree but equally overall I think he was ok (say 5-6/10.) For me, it is always wise to look at what the player is doing over all rather than focusing on one/two aspects of there game. That said, I do agree it wasn't his best game. I guess it is how you view the game.

Furthermore, I agree Mount isn't playing as well as last season but with all the football he has played in the last 24 months and his age, this kind of dip isn't worrying me atm. 

2 minutes ago, Jase said:

Would also add to Pizy's initial point is a tad flawed since it also depends on players' form and maybe even the opponent. Too often our players' form have fluctuated and Leicester were also broken by the time we made the subs today. 

As for Lukaku, won't be surprised if Tuchel just shoehorns him into the XI on Tuesday or next Sunday. 

Oh, for sure. I am not saying he is unplayable like Kepa, rather just reillustrating why is was not a player we should of brought and doubly so because of his age/wage/fee etc. 

However, currently we are playing well (Burnley was more just one of those games as we really should've scored 3/4 in that but just didn't get the rub of the green and Burnley got a few vital touches in) so he shouldn't be coming back in.

Of course, if a players form dips, he should get a chance to take his place back.  

Forgot to mention Havertz too.. he played very well today.. he is just missing a little explosiveness and better decision making. His movement is far superior to Lukakus in our system. I don't even want to see Lukaku return if I'm honest. 

Another spectacular weekend to us - Massive win vs Leicester  , lose to United and West Ham , Liverpool   vs Arsenal ( hardly anyone expects to lose points though but who knows ) 

We break away  .. 🙃

Edited by milka

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Forgot to mention Havertz too.. he played very well today.. he is just missing a little explosiveness and better decision making. His movement is far superior to Lukakus in our system. I don't even want to see Lukaku return if I'm honest. 

Havertz really needs to hit the gym as soon as possible. He gets easily rough handled by physical opponents and he rarely wins aerial duels.

13 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Dreading lukaku coming back tbh, scored loads with him out...

In 3 of 6 games without him we struggled to score. Southampton, Malmo and Burnley. 5 of 6 goals against Newcastle and Leicester were scored by Jorginho, Kante, Rudiger and James x2. Norwich was heavy scoring day but they were horrible. 

After re-watch still a good performance, lots of chances created, utter dominance but a few tiny mistakes could have cost us. We also got a niece bit of revenge after Maddison gloated how they unlocked us at set pieces a year ago and now we did the same to them.

Enjoyed out play a lot, especially how we were positionally flexible, brought the fullbacks into play in the centre and behind the last line. This way we were able to pin them back all game and cause massive havoc in their backline. This leads me to a massive point. We are pretty much dependent on RJ and Chilly staying fit and mastering their workload. Fullbakcs/Wingbacks are maybe the most important position in today's football and our back ups while decent are so different from the marauding RJ and Chilly that it significantly changes the way we play. Just like Pep shed out 200m for fullbacks, we wanted to do the same in buying hakimi. Sad it did not happen but we should not drop this. Maybe even buy in Jan if a good opportunity arises.