Chelsea 1-1 Southampton

Jase

2 minutes ago, Jase said:

It was Norwich. Southampton ain't Norwich, even accounting for the rotated side. 

The expectation wasn't to bang another 7 in, I did however expect to be more clinical than what we've been tonight, which is the story of our team.

Just now, DH1988 said:

The expectation wasn't to bang another 7 in, I did however expect to be more clinical than what we've been tonight, which is the story of our team.

I know, but Norwich were very obliging in the kind of chances that they gave us. 

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yet people moaned about Callum playing there at the start but for me, Chilwell on the right is genuine baffling. Makes no sense, hasn’t got a right foot really. Already had Mount/Ziyech and CHO coming inside every time they could. So an inverted wingback, baffling.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Just now, Jase said:

It was Norwich. Southampton ain't Norwich, even accounting for the rotated side. 

Had plenty of shots on target to be fair.

Just poor finishing and even some of the half chances when we got in (Barkley and Kai had 2 excellent ones where Kai overran the touch clean through and Barkley never got onto Kai’s pass cleanly enough to put it past Forster), obviously performance not great mostly but still plenty opportunities.

Only real positive from going to penalties tonight is not having to play the extra 30 mins to get there. Although should of wrapped it up before, definitely, with some of the chances.

And I suppose looking at it in another way, getting another win on penalty shootouts is always going to be a good experience for this group. Already thats Villarreal, Villa and now Southampton already this season. Always good to have a habit of winning penalty shootouts, useful experience which may come useful in cup finals.

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Kepa can really fuck you mentally lmao. Well done!

Opponents will shit themselves when they have to face us on pens. Amazing

Got a feeling in the UCL opponents may start to play keepball to prevent the change happening.

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I like our squad depth in the sense that one or two can come in to the first Xl with not much change but when the scratch side play together it's a clusterfuck.

An understatement. Total chaos against Villa and Southampton in the cup.