Chelsea 1-1 Southampton

Jase

3 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Absolutely pissed and I'm sure CHO is too, if that's the lineup formation wise.

Especially considering he admitted using him in wrong position. Last 2 games he played LW and delivered. 

I'm seeing a back 3 on Livescorehunter. Unbelievable and quite frankly ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Anyone know if Southampton are going strong? I have not paid any attention to them.

No JWP or Livramento but its still their strongest XI

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Especially considering he admitted using him in wrong position. Last 2 games he played LW and delivered. 

Tbf hes playing, I don’t think he will be too fussed. Players are ultimately happy when they play.

He's played there more commonly with TT as well than LW. I think if he puts in a good showing he will likely start the next game too maybe further up in attack as Rom and Werner will still be out.

I am sure Tuchel will have said to him I need you to play here for the team tonight as well as saying to Reece about playing in that RCB role so we can rest Azpi, Thiago Silva and Rudiger. 

Just now, Tomo said:

I'll be annoyed if he's wingback vs Newcastle but this is practically a scratch side tonight.

If anything this means he isn't starting Saturday so we will likely see a 352 I imagine. Which would be a mistake as Newcastle aren't Brentford. They are dreadful. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

He's played there more commonly with TT as well than LW. I think if he puts in a good showing he will likely start the next game too maybe further up in attack as Rom and Werner will still be out.

You do not take a young player as raw as CHO  by playing him out of position constantly and expect him to continue to develop. 

It's maddening and I for one cannot find any legitimate reason to play him at RWB when Azpilicueta didn't even play against Norwich. 

Tuchel probably wants to keep CHO in match rhythm but also needs to get other players minutes. So makes sense to play him out of position in such an easy game. Not sure why anyone’s bothered about the League Cup.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tuchel probably wants to keep CHO in match rhythm but also needs to get other players minutes. So makes sense to play him out of position in such an easy game. Not sure why anyone’s bothered about the League Cup.

Keeping rhythm would make sense had he'd continue to play in a role that is natural to him vs something that isn't. And if anything this means he isn't playing Saturday against a shitehouse side like Newcastle. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Keeping rhythm would make sense had he'd continue to play in a role that is natural to him vs something that isn't. And if anything this means he isn't playing Saturday against a shitehouse side like Newcastle. 

I mean, it’s Tuesday and he’s 20 years old. That’s plenty of rest between games for a kid like him.

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If anything this means he isn't starting Saturday so we will likely see a 352 I imagine. Which would be a mistake as Newcastle aren't Brentford. They are dreadful. 

Nah I think playing 352 against Newcastle wont happen. They are so vulnerable defensively so anything bar 343 would be incredible I think. I mean they’ve not got real quality in midfield so we don’t need a third body in there really plus the wingbacks could come inside and create overloads like v Malmo and Norwich.

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You do not take a young player as raw as CHO  by playing him out of position constantly and expect him to continue to develop. 

It's maddening and I for one cannot find any legitimate reason to play him at RWB when Azpilicueta didn't even play against Norwich. 

Tbf, Tuchel’s said himself playing him out of position and his tough love approach is what he hopes will push him to become the player he thinks he can become.

He’s also just played 2 games in an offensive positions v Malmo and Norwich (Southampton and Villa in league cup also IIRC?) where hes looked sharper and contributed so I don’t see why there is the sudden uproar about him doing a job for the team at RWB in a cup game where we have rested some players who have played a lot of football under Tuchel  and will be needed in bigger games also (Azpi, Rudiger, Thiago Silva). Maybe Tuchels tough loves Working no?

If anything, if he didn’t play RWB tonight and James still played RCB who would play RWB? Considering Azpi isn’t in squad (Resting? Minor knock? Personal issue? Who knows?) theres no one without playing Rudiger or someone (who probably isn’t needed tonight). Theres a reason why we went for Hakimi.

Edited by OneMoSalah