Newcastle buy out

ZAPHOD2319

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

No, you are wrong and also, once again, completely missed the point.

PIF is not a bank account. Unlike a bank account it does no consist exclusively of cash but as I said mostly in stocks, bonds and real estate.

Those trillions and trillions are not the budget to bankroll Newcastle. They won't dedicate their entire state wealth to buy players for Newcastle. Even if they could, it is not the priority of the PIF. They will make considerable investments, but they will not go and spend 1bn in the next window.

No one said they would spend 1billion in the next window.

FFs this is why i have you muted pal, Youre 100% wrong it is a wealth fund like how your mother saves you up money so you can buy some sweeties!

Take it from the horses mouth, They will be taking their time but id give it about 3 seasons personally.

FFP also doesnt rule over infrastructure.

Everyone and their dog over here knows this is big and they will be a powerhouse once the structures are in place.

PIF has assets on top of cash mate and they just slide whatever they want into it.

I did not say they will pump trillions into newcastle either hahaha jesus wept i said the country/families that run it do (have trillions of unreported wealth as the families aiint buisness's etc) and the wealth fund is for overseas fun and also shores up for when the oil money runs out.

why i had to look at your post i dont even know anymore

You have head issues, You constantly want to be correct about everything under the sun but you like some others on here have consistantly been wrong betlittling every post ive made for past few months!!

Edited by Warning_Hazard

8 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

No one said they would spend 1billion in the next window.

FFs this is why i have you muted pal, Youre 100% wrong it is a wealth fund like how your mother saves you up money so you can buy some sweeties!

Take it from the horses mouth, They will be taking their time but id give it about 3 seasons personally.

FFP also doesnt rule over infrastructure.

Everyone and their dog over here knows this is big and they will be a powerhouse once the structures are in place.

PIF has assets on top of cash mate and they just slide whatever they want into it.

I did not say they will pump trillions into newcastle either hahaha jesus wept i said the country/families that run it do (have trillions of unreported wealth as the families aiint buisness's etc) and the wealth fund is for overseas fun and also shores up for when the oil money runs out.

why i had to look at your post i dont even know anymore

You have head issues, You constantly want to be correct about everything under the sun but you like some others on here have consistantly been wrong betlittling every post ive made for past few months!!

ah now it is a wealth fund. One post ago it was a bank account. Make your mind up. And before, try to read first about things you don't understand. Apparently you have not understood either concept so far.

No idea why you make this personal. But my head is fine, thanks.

The people who will be on the Newcastle board

Newcastle takeover: a guide to the new key figures at St James' Park

The rundown on Yasir al-Rumayyan, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers as the post-Ashley era begins.

Yasir al-Rumayyan

The golf-obsessed former banker ranks as one of the most influential figures in Saudi Arabia beyond the royal family and will, as nonexecutive chairman, be the key Saudi figure in Newcastle’s boardroom.

Rumayyan was the choice of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) to run the country’s Public Investment Fund (PIF). Six years ago he swapped life as an investment banker for a role which involves implementing Saudi Vision 2030, a modernisation initiative intended to wean the kingdom off its traditional dependency on oil revenues by diversifying into spheres including tourism and, now, Premier League football.

It is thought unlikely Rumayyan will relocate to Newcastle. He will delegate day-to-day running of the club while making occasional visits. Considering his roles include governing PIF, chairing Saudi Aramaco, the state oil company, and serving on company boards including those of Uber and a Japanese bank, the appointment of a hands-on, Tyneside-based chief executive seems imperative.

The Harvard Business School graduate’s existing commitments have seen him resort to a golf simulator to protect a 12 handicap. PIF has already invested in Britain through Babylon Healthcare, which is helping develop artificial intelligence for use in the NHS.

Amanda Staveley

The North Yorkshire-born millionaire financier has assumed a 10% stake through her company PCP Capital Partners. Initially at least, Staveley is likely to assume a central, highly visible role. Currently she divides her time between Dubai and London but that may change now that Staveley has a seat on the board at Newcastle, where her young son Alexander is likely to become a familiar face in the stands. Among the first tasks will be headhunting a chief executive to replace the apparently departing managing director Lee Charnley. Newcastle’s former chairman Chris Mort – who is leading Staveley’s legal team – is understood to have turned down an offer to return as chief executive.

The 48-year-old Staveley, who turned down a marriage proposal from Prince Andrew, has been described as possessing the “charm and cunning of an old-colonial diplomat plus the brains of a double-first nuclear physicist”. Those were the words of the Merseyside-based journalist and author Brian Reade when he described Staveley’s failed attempts to broker a deal to buy Liverpool.

She first aired a potential buyout of Newcastle while a guest on Prince Mohammed’s £440m yacht, Serene, in the Red Sea in October 2019. Staveley has been attempting to buy Newcastle from Mike Ashley for years, with the departing owner calling her a “time-waster” in 2017.

Reuben brothers

Enigmatic British siblings Simon and David rank among the world’s richest men – the 2021 Sunday Times Rich List placed them joint second in the UK on £21.465bn – and have extensive property empires in central London and Newcastle. They have a 10% holding in the club. Jamie Reuben, David’s 34-year-old son, has joined Newcastle’s board.

Simon and David, born in Mumbai to Iraqi Jewish parents with an extensive business empire in Baghdad and India, have long been domiciled in the UK where they began their careers in scrap metal – at one point they were known as “Metal Tsars” in Russia where they dominated the aluminium industry – and carpets respectively. Wary of both publicity and debt, David and Simon moved to Britain with their mother in the 1950s. They now concentrate largely on property and own four miles of seafront development in Ibiza, large tracts of London’s Mayfair, Millbank Tower and large swathes of central Newcastle as well as the city’s racecourse and three golf courses. They remain involved in redevelopment projects on Tyneside.

Jamie Reuben resigned his directorship at QPR in October 2020 and will assume a hands-on boardroom role. Reuben Brothers has a philanthropic foundation concentrating on healthcare and education. It founded the Nancy Reuben primary school, an independent Jewish school in north London, in honour of their mother, and has donated £80m to Oxford University.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/newcastle-takeover-guide-to-the-new-key-figures-yasir-al-ruayyan-amanda-staveley-reuben-brothers

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/mike-ashley-claims-rejected-higher-offer-newcastle-saudi-takeover

Take it with a pinch of salt but if what he is saying holds any water at all we could see them go the turbo spend route and a lot of action at st james

10 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/mike-ashley-claims-rejected-higher-offer-newcastle-saudi-takeover

Take it with a pinch of salt but if what he is saying holds any water at all we could see them go the turbo spend route and a lot of action at st james

Amanda Staveley, who is now a director at Newcastle after playing a key role in the takeover, has said the new owners’ aim is for the team to be “regularly competing for major trophies”. The club have not won a major trophy since 1969 and are currently mired in the Premier League relegation zone.

"Regularly" means high wage players. It will be interesting to see how they get around whatever FFP is these days. I have read that the high ticket sales that Newcastle has will help them ramp up their spending. I do not really understand how that correlates with FFP but it has been mention quite often in the past two days. What is it with attendance and ticket sales that boosts how much you can spend? 

6 hours ago, Mana said:

Also Man City are doing a better job than us. No CL trophy yes, but that is their ambition and will continue hard to get it. Also while breaking PL records left, right and centre.

The board better put themselves together otherwise Newcastle has the potential to overtake us.

That's strange because I'm close friends with a City fan and he thinks bar 2017 their transfer recruitment team have been an absolute embarrassment.

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That's strange because I'm close friends with a City fan and he thinks bar 2017 their transfer recruitment team have been an absolute embarrassment.

I beg to differ.

Mahrez, Cancelo, Rodri, Dias, and Torres. All these players made an immediate impact. 

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I beg to differ.

Mahrez, Cancelo, Rodri, Dias, and Torres. All these players made an immediate impact. 

Wasn't Mahrez their only signing in 2018? Members here were kicking off merry hell when it looked like we were only going to be signing Lukaku.

His main argument is they've also got caught with their pants down more times than an elite club/team should. Jorginho, Ronaldo, Alexis and Fred the main examples, the latter two may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise but still. 

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I beg to differ.

Lets be fair man city were a joke for a few years under the new owners but they have just been slowly chipping away

10 hours ago, Warning_Hazard said:

''The 19 other top-flight clubs are understood to be united in opposition to a Saudi-led consortium being allowed to buy out Mike Ashley and are demanding to know what changed for it to be waved through by the Premier League''

Probably worth checking Scudamores and Richards offshore accounts

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

One thing I would say with City is at least the manager and board work in tandem on transfers. The players bought may not always be right but at least they're bought to fit the manager's system and style of play, not one side just buying whatever shiny toy out there.