Newcastle buy out

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

The fact every media outlet says they will not be making knee jerk decisions and they want to have director of football/sporting directors in place makes it blatantly obvious that it may take them another week or 2 weeks to even approach a manager.

I don’t think you see or understand the bigger picture point (which the group and Amanda Staveley have been discussing in the media) so I will just leave it at that. Your thinking it is like FIFA or FM where they will just go n throw £££ at it in fees and wages because they can which is idiotic. Like Anzhi did in Russia with Roberto Carlos, Zhirkov, Eto’o, Willian, Diarra, Samba etc. Without a plan it won’t work and I doubt they’re here to just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks.

In the meantime i think the first team coach is taking the reigns, Well thats what the toons are saying anyway.

I dont really beleive the whole without a plan it wont work, worked fine for us to just chuck money at tim tiny and bob until we had some silver in the bag!!

Bit of a pointless argument tbh and i think most of us are there or there abouts

End of the day until they make some moves no one really knows what will happen!

14 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

it blatantly obvious that it may take them another week or 2 weeks to even approach a manager.

That's ages isn't it 🤣. You have gone from saying it won't be knee jerk decision to one or two weeks. You know he's gone it's just a matter of days not weeks or months.  They will buy big in Jan like I say maybe not bee top players but certainly better then the dross they have they could be bottom of league by weekend and could be firmly rooted to bottom three in Jan the fans won't have Bruce remain as manager they hate him almost as much as they hated Ashley.

2 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

In the meantime i think the first team coach is taking the reigns, Well thats what the toons are saying anyway.

I dont really beleive the whole without a plan it wont work, worked fine for us to just chuck money at tim tiny and bob until we had some silver in the bag!!

Bit of a pointless argument tbh and i think most of us are there or there abouts

End of the day until they make some moves no one really knows what will happen!

Well thats not exactly true. Aye in fact thats almost ludicrous. 

Prior to Roman and even Ranieri being the manager, we were pushing in the right direction. Look at our league finishes from the 96/97 season up to when Jose was appointed under Guillit, Vialli and Ranieri. 6th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 4th and 2nd. Plus throw in the FA cups, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Cup Winners Cup, League Cups etc won in that period.

Obviously Mourinho’s exceptional managerial skills and some of the big players we bought accelerated us to the back to back leagues but again you can’t say “we just threw money at it” like we were a team who were finishing in the bottom 10 of the PL table like Newcastle have done since Benitez took them back up. We were already in and around those teams. Maybe we wouldn’t have been as successful with Ranieri as were with Mourinho but you can’t just say we threw money at it as if it was unthinkable that we could have achieved something more based on the previous seasons.

Ironically once we just started throwing money at players like Shevchenko and Torres without really thinking about it, thats when things didn’t necessarily go too well.

2 minutes ago, Jap Si. said:

That's ages isn't it 🤣. You have gone from saying it won't be knee jerk decision to one or two weeks. You know he's gone it's just a matter of days not weeks or months.  They will buy big in Jan like I say maybe not bee top players but certainly better then the dross they have they could be bottom of league by weekend and could be firmly rooted to bottom three in Jan the fans won't have Bruce remain as manager they hate him almost as much as they hated Ashley.

So you’ve contradicted yourself, you said they would be throwing money around like its confetti? But now you think they wont buy top players? So what are they going to do? Make your mind up. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Prior to Roman and even Ranieri being the manager, we were pushing in the right direction. Look at our league finishes from the 96/97 season up to when Jose was appointed under Guillit, Vialli and Ranieri. 6th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 4th and 2nd. Plus throw in the FA cups, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Cup Winners Cup, League Cups etc won in that period.

Obviously Mourinho’s exceptional managerial skills and some of the big players we bought accelerated us to the back to back leagues but again you can’t say “we just threw money at it” like we were a team who were finishing in the bottom 10 of the PL table like Newcastle have done since Benitez took them back up. We were already in and around those teams. Maybe we wouldn’t have been as successful with Ranieri as were with Mourinho but you can’t just say we threw money at it as if it was unthinkable that we could have achieved something more based on the previous seasons.

Ironically once we just started throwing money at players like Shevchenko and Torres without really thinking about it, thats when things didn’t necessarily go too well.

So you’ve contradicted yourself, you said they would be throwing money around like its confetti? But now you think they wont buy top players? So what are they going to do? Make your mind up. 

That was jap si!!

And we spent £111M quid to push on from 4th as ive stated and it took us 2 years.

Ofc newcastle will need time but this season aside theyre usually a solid prem club, they were decent under the fat waiter!

Read up on all the new posts

47 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

They won't be able to get top bill players that is obvious but they will be spending loads of money in Jan and basically forever after. Once they get established witch won't take long cause the top four are streets ahead they will be top six at least 21/22 and then they will attract better players 

This is just fun conspiracy theory time. It is possible, but ridiculously unlikely, that Newcastle could buy some good near top tier players in January. Then in the summer, with his buy out clause, get Haaland and pay him PSG wages or higher and still be within FFP. Ahhhhhh it is fun to put the tin foil hat on for a second. 

24 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

This is just fun conspiracy theory time. It is possible, but ridiculously unlikely, that Newcastle could buy some good near top tier players in January. Then in the summer, with his buy out clause, get Haaland and pay him PSG wages or higher and still be within FFP. Ahhhhhh it is fun to put the tin foil hat on for a second. 

Though it seems FFP can be selectively applied now and then...

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have no idea how they calculate it now? However they do, I think PSG and City proves wages are not in the calculation.

Yeah the wages seem to be not included -looking at this BBC explanation Financial fair play: All you need to know about how it works - BBC Sport

they also seem to make it up as they go along -deliberately obfuscating and changing the mechanisms. As soon as you see Platini overseeing things.... 'what could go wrong ?' springs to mind

42 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah the wages seem to be not included -looking at this BBC explanation Financial fair play: All you need to know about how it works - BBC Sport

they also seem to make it up as they go along -deliberately obfuscating and changing the mechanisms. As soon as you see Platini overseeing things.... 'what could go wrong ?' springs to mind

Man city fully scammed ffp and got away with it, Derby didnt!

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Is that what you think ?

The pentagon being jet smashed was sketchy as hell, The dealings by the owners of the twin towers just before was also a red flag, I love a good conspiracy but when you factor in they blasted a jet liner out the sky also, If anything it was some kind of secret disagreement etc

dodgy deals that went wrong maybe, Theres a few british familys who are hounding to get more info out, Which they evenually released i think in sep just gone.

Edited by Warning_Hazard

That's exactly the problem with conspiracy theories: they usually ignore the other interests and parties involved.

In that particular case, the insurance companies. A quick search shows the above ad as highly misleading by being extremely suggestive.

quick facts:

• he wasn't the sole owner: he led a consortium of investors and lenders (which included yet other groups)
  • he was obliged to have insurance there upon signing that lease
  • at the time "terrorism insurance coverage" wasn't a thing and was included in most if not all policies by default

Conspiracy theories are one of the many cancers in society today.