Newcastle buy out

ZAPHOD2319

28 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

They will be the next Man City -massive spending

Oh thats a given, I wonder what they will do in order to " hide the massive money displayed though we all know NC dont have the revenue or fan base around the world to outset the spending " in short it means another psg and city in the making.

27 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Oh thats a given, I wonder what they will do in order to " hide the massive money displayed though we all know NC dont have the revenue or fan base around the world to outset the spending " in short it means another psg and city in the making.

I am sure they have met the oh so stringent 'fit and proper persons' test the FA said they always demand. 😉

Limb amputations at half time ?

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Mate! Newcastle are one of the biggest clubs in the country. They essentially made the PL after its conception they were battling utd and have a massive fanbase.

Hopefully they start spending asap and make the prem absolutely electric!

7 minutes ago, laura90 said:

And there goes our fourth place...

talking about knee-jerk reaction

they will need at least 1-2 years to make an impact same as ManCity.

still absolutely disgusted that the head-chopping taliban-allies get any kind of influence in the free world.

Wonder how long they will take to erase the crucifix from the crest.

Edited by Magic Lamps

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Even that isn't a given. 

People need to remember that City's success is built primarily from the appointment of Txiki Begiristain. He set the blue print that gave the club an identity and ultimately attracted Guardiola. 

If Newcastle intend to spend, spend, spend with no clear long term strategy or identity then they will struggle massively. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Even that isn't a given. 

People need to remember that City's success is built primarily from the appointment of Txiki Begiristain. He set the blue print that gave the club an identity and ultimately attracted Guardiola. 

If Newcastle intend to spend, spend, spend with no clear long term strategy or identity then they will struggle massively. 

yeah but even before Guardiola, City won 2 PL titles with so-so managers and without a clear philosophy by simply loading their squad with PL-proven quality. They were not the formidable force of today but still one to be reckoned with. Newcastle can quickly become such a nuisance themselves. I am pretty sure the head choppers will follow the MC blueprint and find able footballing brains.

Also despite Newcastle being an absolute dump of a City, this will not deter players who are in for the pay-cheque which most young players seem to be atm. I doubt they will win a PL title anytime soon but for sure will be a top4 contender within 2 years if this goes through.

Newcastle even more so than City are a good base for investment. They have an iconic stadium, are a big club with a huge, loyal fanbase. They used to be in the top25 of clubs even during their prolonged spell in 2nd division.

Good thing is their timing is terrible. They will not be able to make any kind of meaningful impact on the transfer market till next summer and their squad is ageing and disjointed so the project might well be postponed if the rest of the league manage to relegate them once more.

Man City got their spending in before FFP, and its now weaker version of FFP. That will slow down their ability to grow their spending. Everton and Aston Villa would spend more if they could. Everton has even copied Man City in bringing in big sponsorships that people question. It may take several years or FFP getting thrown out the window all together.

I do think Newcastle will grow as fast as they can push. I think they grow an already large fan base. in the long run this will put more pressure on Man Utd and Liverpool.

Edit to add: Didn’t know Wolves owner was that loaded either.

Love how people are assuming they will go and just throw hundreds of millions at it in the beginning and it will work and they’ll end up top 4 in like 2 seasons. 

I have no doubt they will put some sort of cash in on better players and maybe get a much better manager because it is obvious they need it but I also don’t necessarily think Newcastle will be able to go from where they are to fighting for the top 4/6 without making some sort of other progress first in a period of 3 or 4 years first. 

People forget City finished 9th prior to be taken over and then 10th in the first season after being taken over in 2008. Then they got to 5th under Mancini who was a much better calibre of manager whilst Carlos Tevez almost single handedly fired them up the table that season scoring 20+ PL goals. It took City their third season to go from 9th to the top 4 under new owners, costing them the best part of £400m in transfers. 

On the contrast Newcastle are usually spending majority of the season struggling to stay in the PL with a squad that lacks any real and obvious quality in multiple positions with no genuine regular source of goals before getting a few results and luck from other teams around them. The top 4 teams are out of their reach by a mile. Even spending £100m in 3 or 4 windows, they’re still miles behind because they don’t have any real quality in there to work with. 

I think they’ll also have a plan and targets, to maybe do what City and ourselves have done around the community but the footballing sides of things, I think it will not be as easy as £500m in 3 or 4 years to bring them up to a top top team.

Edited by OneMoSalah

saudi wealth fund is over £320 billion

Over 10x more than citeh

Cat amongst the pigeons comes to mind!

FFP is a joke, Man city got nothing for breaking all the rules, This lot could bankrupt anyone in court!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12427926/newcastle-takeover-all-parties-hopeful-saudi-led-consortiums-deal-can-be-announced-on-thursday

Edited by Warning_Hazard

11 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

talking about knee-jerk reaction

still absolutely disgusted that the head-chopping taliban-allies get any kind of influence in the free world.

Wonder how long they will take to erase the crucifix from the crest.

Free world, who said this is a free world. Its nothing but chaos and its thanks to us the people that have allowed it to happen.

12 hours ago, Warning_Hazard said:

Mate! Newcastle are one of the biggest clubs in the country. They essentially made the PL after its conception they were battling utd and have a massive fanbase.

Hopefully they start spending asap and make the prem absolutely electric!

I dont care how big they are in Eng, their world wide fan base is anothing compared to the money they gonna spend. And since the likes of psg and city can get off scot free.....then so shall the saudi's

34 minutes ago, Warning_Hazard said:

saudi wealth fund is over £320 billion

Over 10x more than citeh

Cat amongst the pigeons comes to mind!

FFP is a joke, Man city got nothing for breaking all the rules, This lot could bankrupt anyone in court!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/12427926/newcastle-takeover-all-parties-hopeful-saudi-led-consortiums-deal-can-be-announced-on-thursday

Of course, the whole thing is corrupt, make no mistake footy has been corrupt at all official levels for a long time. Some hide it better , some dont care like in EPL.