Chelsea 2-1 Leicester

Jase

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tuchel taking the piss with that lineup in arsenal game was ubeleiveable

and the FA cup (especially fucking Kepa)

Leaving Kepa aside, the XI that played against Arsenal and even Leicester in the final should have been enough. The difference between tonight and those two games were the application of the players. They turned up tonight but not in those two games. It's stupid.

hace 16 minutos, DDA dijo:

I don't even hate Kepa but he doesn't ensure the same confidence I nthe defence.

Defence didnt look any different tonight than Saturday though...and ironically for all the blaming Kepa for the goal, Mendy should of done better for the goal tonight.

Edited by OneMoSalah

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

Eh? They need to win both games if they want to qualify for the Europa League.

If Tottenham win tomorrow and West Ham don't win they are almost surely qualified but if Tottenham doesn't win Everton, Arsenal and West Ham all right behind them.

1 minute ago, R2D2 said:

If Tottenham win tomorrow and West Ham don't win they are almost surely qualified but if Tottenham doesn't win Everton, Arsenal and West Ham all right behind them.

But if West Ham and Spurs win...?

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Correctly ruled out imo and a pretty standard call.

Seen it ruled out every time when an offside player is "remotely" blocking the goalie's view.

They are wrong btw. It's not only about the view, but also attention. It's a human condition that movement catches our attention esp if in proximity. The rule is such that an offside player should not provide any advantage.

West Brom players were in bad positions and were also slow to react. They should know better.

disagree

post game they showed 5 other goals from this season with similar players near the keeper and none were chalked off

plus that Pool goal was outrageous, fucking Dean dead set it all up with multiple errors all in Pool's favour

Just now, Jas said:

But if West Ham and Spurs win...?

I'd rather have 3 teams on their back than just one who albeit lost all form from what I see.

5 minutes ago, Jas said:

The difference between tonight and those two games were the application of the players.

Still 2 set piece goals. Corner and pen. We have so much problems in the final 3rd it is unreal.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Still 2 set piece goals. Corner and pen. We have so much problems in the final 3rd it is unreal.

True but it was still better than the nonsense we served up in the last two games. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Defence didnt look any different tonight than Saturday though...and ironically for all the blaming Kepa for the goal, Mendy should of done better for the goal tonight.

no

I do not believe this to be the case

it was a poor first touch by Kovacic from the shaky Reece pass to him, the poor first touch allowed Ndidi to pinch the ball

and the strike, whilst not the best, as it lacked a wee bit of purchase, was still too far to Mendy's left for even his massive wingspan to deal with

Someone needs to explain how on earth that first half penalty wasn't given to us. Even Graeme Souness was raging at HT!

Someone also needs to explain how Perez got penalized for an accidental handball during a Leicester move in the first half but nothing happened with him at the weekend and with Holding last midweek.

🤬

hace 11 minutos, Vesper dijo:

no

I do not believe this to be the case

it was a poor first touch by Kovacic from the shaky Reece pass to him, the poor first touch allowed Ndidi to pinch the ball

and the strike, whilst not the best, as it lacked a wee bit of purchase, was still too far to Mendy's left for even his massive wingspan to deal with

Aye, I think the pass was poor, similar to the one James played in the cup final and Kovacic doesnt do too great either 100%.

Honestly still think Mendy is pretty decently positioned so for me he should be getting down to that. For definite.

People were saying about his reach and his height difference on Saturday but for this goal, he’s just got down too slow for the goal (far too slow maybe harsh). You can see how where his hand is, if hes down marginally quicker, the balls where his hand/wrist is. 

Its not exactly the best strike as you’ve said or right across him into the corner. Thiago Silva also questionable, is he trying to step up to play offside when hes basically starting behind the penalty spot? Or is he just totally unaware of Ihneahacho’s positioning? but even then, James’ pass n Kovacic getting caught doesnt help either and are major issues before that. Then Mendy not saving it 

Edited by OneMoSalah

43 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Really worried about Pulisic form - pretty horrible showing and he seems to struggle in physical matches.

Just like our other attackers, he's struggling for consistency. But yeah, he's not playing with the same confidence, self swagger and decisiveness that we saw last season. 

I think EVERY team in the PL will be motivated on match day 38, guys. Especially with fans back for the first time for most of them. 

Not worried about Spuds being on the beach. Think they’ll give it their all. I’m more worried about Villa doing the same…. 😬