Chelsea 2-1 Leicester

Jase

27 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

How did Mendy make a difference? People just love to hate Kepa

I don't even hate Kepa but he doesn't ensure the same confidence I nthe defence.

5 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Still annoying how close West Brom came...I dont think they'll drop tomorrow especially knowing what they need to do and all...

what was more than annoying was the criminal refereeing by Dean, who was always banned from Pool games as he is a scouser

The first Pool goal never should have counted/happened:

1 Mike Dean blocked off the West Brom players at midfield when they would have instantly had the ball

2 West Brom got the ball back anyway, so play should have went on (advantage played, OR at worst a dropped ball)

3 Instead of that, Mike Dean blows the whistle and insanely, incorrectly gives POOL a free kick

4 He also allowed Liverpool to do a quick kick within a a couple seconds or so of his bizarre call, with the West Brom defenders not remotely ready and all scattered, which the directly led to the Liverpool goal.

Even Carragher and Souness, massive Pool backers and ex Pool players, said it was madness.

West Brom's 2nd goal was criminally chalked off by VAR for offside on a player not even involved IN THE PLAY.

Every presenter, Carragher and Souness included, said THAT TOO was robbery, and they are viscous Liverpool partisans, so it really shows how shit it was.

a6fc468c202daeb18309e8c426757e4a.png12d91d23a9d5be336a1ef63e5bc1fafc.png

I circled Phillips head here, this clearly shows he was not at all blocking the view of the ball, he was to Alisson's left of the trajectory of the ball

plus Alisson towers over Phillips

I have watched 4 different streams, every single presenter when it happened said it was a horrid call

39d820bd5a70e2a8f5aad6f5df692299.jpg18a7f6beb745e18e9a93910701bd1a0a.jpg

Sky Sports Premier League
@SkySportsPL

Carragher: "I would be really unhappy if that was against me."

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

I don't even hate Kepa but he doesn't ensure the same confidence I nthe defence.

Also notice how confident the team was at playing out from the back with Mendy in the first half. It was certainly risky and we got out of a few tight situations thanks to Mendy in goal.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I almost died when Perez was wide open in our box and blazed over. Literally nearly had a heart attack.

yes, rusty Kovacic again, he did not track Perez

hopefully those mistakes are all gone from now on

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Because while we written Liverpool off, they were winning their games behind the scenes and we didn't peek at them until we lost to Arsenal.

It wouldn't have been that close had we beaten Arsenal. 

That's it.. also they had games in hand which seemed to be forgotten about. When we lost to Arsenal they still had 2 to play.. and us losing and then them winning..shot then up

15 minutes ago, Jas said:

Also notice how confident the team was at playing out from the back with Mendy in the first half. It was certainly risky and we got out of a few tight situations thanks to Mendy in goal.

That's exactly what I was getting at. The defence do not trust Kepa in those situations and it defeats the purpose of how we want to play 

1 minute ago, R2D2 said:

Beating City, West Ham, Leicester in 3 of the last 5 matches and still not qualified, we really threw a lot of crap points away this season.

Tuchel taking the piss with that lineup in arsenal game was ubeleiveable

and the FA cup (especially fucking Kepa)

let's say we go full conspiracy theory (which I do not myself buy into)

the board got to Tuchel

said 'look we need Kepa to be sold and play him for a shopping showcase'

well

that fucking BLEW up

as Kepa was shit

and now is even harder to dump onto some sucker team

2 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

We need Tottenham to lose points tomorrow so they are motivated in the last round.

Eh? They need to win both games if they want to qualify for the Europa League.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

what was more than annoying was the criminal refereeing by Dean, who was always banned from Pool games as he is a scouser

The first Pool goal never should have counted/happened:

1 Mike Dean blocked off the West Brom players at midfield when they would have instantly had the ball

2 West Brom got the ball back anyway, so play should have went on (advantage played, OR at worst a dropped ball)

3 Instead of that, Mike Dean blows the whistle and insanely, incorrectly gives POOL a free kick

4 He also allowed Liverpool to do a quick kick within a a couple seconds or so of his bizarre call, with the West Brom defenders not remotely ready and all scattered, which the directly led to the Liverpool goal.

Even Carragher and Souness, massive Pool backers and ex Pool players, said it was madness.

West Brom's 2nd goal was criminally chalked off by VAR for offside on a player not even involved IN THE PLAY.

Every presenter, Carragher and Souness included, said THAT TOO was robbery, and they are viscous Liverpool partisans, so it really shows how shit it was.

a6fc468c202daeb18309e8c426757e4a.png12d91d23a9d5be336a1ef63e5bc1fafc.png

I circled Phillips head here, this clearly shows he was not at all blocking the view of the ball, he was to Alisson's left of the trajectory of the ball

plus Alisson towers over Phillips

I have watched 4 different streams, every single presenter when it happened said it was a horrid call

39d820bd5a70e2a8f5aad6f5df692299.jpg18a7f6beb745e18e9a93910701bd1a0a.jpg

Sky Sports Premier League
@SkySportsPL

Carragher: "I would be really unhappy if that was against me."

Correctly ruled out imo and a pretty standard call.

Seen it ruled out every time when an offside player is "remotely" blocking the goalie's view.

They are wrong btw. It's not only about the view, but also attention. It's a human condition that movement catches our attention esp if in proximity. The rule is such that an offside player should not provide any advantage.

West Brom players were in bad positions and were also slow to react. They should know better.