West Ham 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

1 hour ago, Jason said:

And why is Werner leading the line against West Ham, who are likely to sit deep?????

What do I know? lol

Been one of our better players in the game. Good link-up plays, doing decently with the defensive work too.

And for once, someone (Chilwell in this case) played a first time ball in instead of taking a touch first!

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I  seriously dont understand what some of you guys want, we are light years better than before and we are trying to win games and stay solid. No what was boring was Sarii, FL was just disaster footy. The man has been here for few months yet you expect us to win and play super footy while being super solid. Adjust them expectations.

I"m just one of this impatiant football fans who want Jam yesterday.

3 minutes ago, DDA said:

After his early miss.. I was fuming with Werner.. but fair play the lad has not stopped all half and topped it off with a goal. We'll done lad.

Need to see it again but don't think that earlier chance was easy to convert?

If he had missed that goal, he might as well just quit football on the spot...

I was thinking for the last five minutes we needed to get to half time at 0-0 as the Spammers were starting to come on strong. Then all of a sudden Timo pops up with one. 

Anyhow, the game isn't great but I would say on balance we are fairly comfortable. CM is an issue again but we all know this needs looking at in the Summer. All we need to do know is to play counter attack football and not do anything stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Without Kova’s energy, drive, and bursting through the lines our midfield is poverty. Offering absolutely nothing.

We don’t have a hope against Real Madrid or with this crazy run in of fixtures if he isn’t back ASAP.

We play away first, which will do us a lot of favours. Especially when we're forced to play defensive without Kova.

I would bring Reese or CHO on for Azpi soon. That area was WH’s only real threat because Azpi gets burned for pace repeatedly.

Corners/set pieces and attacking Azpi in space. Clearly their formula.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Good pass form chilly but that was soo lucky it for between soucek and diop. Absolute brain dead positioning from soucek tho lol but I don’t mind 

Mate just hope for a win, really couldnt give a rats ass how we win at this point.

This system is doable against more open sides, but will struggle against teams who are playing deep. Our attack is nowhere near sharp enough to get away with it. I guess when you have Mbappe and Neymar you could get away with such lazy tactics.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Good pass form chilly but that was soo lucky it for between soucek and diop. Absolute brain dead positioning from soucek tho lol but I don’t mind 

The good thing was Chilwell saw Werner and played it first time for once. There was a moment earlier when the ball had been played perfectly for Chilwell to play a first time cross in but he took a touch first before playing it...it was maddening! 

Just now, Clockwork said:

This system is doable against more open sides, but will struggle against teams who are playing deep. Our attack is nowhere near sharp enough to get away with it. I guess when you have Mbappe and Neymar you could get away with such lazy tactics.

With Neymar and Mbappe, I don't think one needs to play pragmatically/defensively...

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Need to see it again but don't think that earlier chance was easy to convert?

If he had missed that goal, he might as well just quit football on the spot...

It wasnt the easiest but a World Class stroker should be hitting it with more conviction and precision. He just side footed it into a looping shot. Dead technique.

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Lazy? How you seen our schedule? We are playing every 3 days to teams who have 1 week of rest