West Ham 0-1 Chelsea

Jase

Must win and I expect good performance considering lately we have one good, one bad game... Must admit, I think more about Real, you do not play CL semi final that often. 

Mendy, Rudi, Silva, Azpi, Chilwell, Kovacic, Kante, CHO. Not sure about front 3 they are all hot and cold.

Mendy.

If he's fit, then Christensen with Rudi. Chilwell and Azpi. Kante,  Kova, Mount, Puli.Werner, CHO.

Draw and we're done for top four, so got to dominate them from the off and go for goals.  

7 hours ago, chippy said:

Draw and we're done for top four, so got to dominate them from the off and go for goals.  

Wait, I thought we were out of top 4 after the loss to WBA. Or after any loss with Lampard... How can we be done with something more than once?🤔 Considering how close the top 4 race is and how inconsistent results are throughout the league, would you bet everything and your life on Chelsea being done after a draw?

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Wait, I thought we were out of top 4 after the loss to WBA. Or after any loss with Lampard... How can we be done with something more than once?🤔 Considering how close the top 4 race is and how inconsistent results are throughout the league, would you bet everything and your life on Chelsea being done after a draw?

I would put a decent amount of money on it, for the following reasons.

Extremely tough fixture list. More games to play than the teams going for top four. Continued struggles to create good chances and score enough goals, which is leading to almost every game being on a knife edge for us.

West Ham have a very easy run in  after Saturday.

59 minutes ago, chippy said:

Extremely tough fixture list.

Who has the easiest/tough fixtures is largely irrelevant in the top four race. If us or any of the teams around us were taking advantage of the "easy" games we wouldn't be in this battle.

Furthermore which of our games left are "extremely tough"? City away yes but we've already shown a blueprint to beat them. Leicester home? I'd fancy us to beat them of it was a crunch game given Rodgers history with them. Villa away? Maybe if we played there in the first half but they've been off the boil for a while now. Arsenal home? Maybe if you pretend it's still 2004. West Ham have also been cracking under the pressure lately, gave up a three goal lead, came close to doing the same again the next two games before losing to Newcastle.

Not to say we'll sweep up in those games we probably won't but there's nothing "extremely tough" about them.

Edited by Tomo

28 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Who has the easiest/tough fixtures is largely irrelevant in the top four race. If us or any of the teams around us were taking advantage of the "easy" games we wouldn't be in this battle.

Furthermore which of our games left are "extremely tough"? City away yes but we've already shown a blueprint to beat them. Leicester home? I'd fancy us to beat them of it was a crunch game given Rodgers history with them. Villa away? Maybe if we played there in the first half but they've been off the boil for a while now. Arsenal home? Maybe if you pretend it's still 2004. West Ham have also been cracking under the pressure lately, gave up a three goal lead, came close to doing the same again the next two games before losing to Newcastle.

Not to say we'll sweep up in those games we probably won't but there's nothing "extremely tough" about them.

All those teams are better than West Brom and Brighton and we've dropped 5 out 6 points at home to those two in the last few weeks. 

Its been a truly bizarre season.

So many of the top teams being absolute shite and should already be well out of contention for the top four, yet at the same time kicking themselves for not already having a place sewn up.

20 minutes ago, chippy said:

All those teams are better than West Brom and Brighton and we've dropped 5 out 6 points at home to those two in the last few weeks. 

And all those teams bar City are inferior to Atletico and Liverpool who we beat without breaking sweat. Two games are never the same.

This one is more difficult than Real at Bernabeu.
Also it is the match of the season. If we do not qualify against Real it is not the disaster it will be if we lose to the hammers.
Unless I 'm mistaken and suddenly West Ham have kicked the bucket, it is a very difficult match.

16 hours ago, Tomo said:

Hats off Tomo... always the optimist. I fear it may be just a little too much this time.. I can seriously see us finishing 5th or 6th come the end of the season. If we don't win the FA Cup or CL too, then it could end as a disastrous season.

-------------- Mendy ----

----Azpilicueta--Thiago Silva--Rudiger

--James---Jorginho----Kante--- Chilwell

------- Mount--------Pulisic

---------------Werner--------

Real at Bernabeu.

Alfredo Di Stefano .

Edited by milka