Chelsea 0-0 Brighton

Jase

Looks like Tuchel’s Chelsea is very effective against big teams/big games but we are i  trouble against small sides who are OK with draw. Expect Palace game last week, I’ve hardly ever seen us pushing/pressing a weaker team to the wall.

1 minute ago, Azul said:

What could he do? You're a joke mate.

No, i don't say that he couldn't have done much better, but i think our attacking players are only shit! tell me what would have you done? 
No one of our attacking players are able to dribble to opposite, create superiority or shoot. 

as I say  i would giva a change to gilmour.

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

We had zero clear cut chances, this had nothing to do with luck. I'm 10000% sure we would've beaten them if Kante played. Tuchel had a horrible game, by far his worst. It was clear as day Mount, and Jorginho were bullied in midfield and he was needed.

Kante would of covered the gaps and maybe tightened us up in midfield but he wouldn’t have contributed a great deal more in offensive actions. 

Offensive players have to do better indeed but even then the intent didn’t look there, you can get games where your plugging away and the final ball is just never right but you get a lucky break or a shot deflecting in or you cause a mistake etc as we seen for Chilly’s goal v Porto but we didn’t even do enough to get that. 

Tuchel will not be happy for sure. The line up wasn't that bad to start with tbf the issue was more the teams application. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, BlueGuy said:

No, i don't say that he couldn't have done much better, but i think our attacking players are only shit! tell me what would have you done? 
No one of our attacking players are able to dribble to opposite, create superiority or shoot. 

as I say  i would giva a change to gilmour.

Bring Kante on, the fact you're not even mentioning that, shows that you don't know the importance of his presence.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Kante would of covered the gaps and maybe tightened us up in midfield but he wouldn’t have contributed a great deal more in offensive actions. 

Offensive players have to do better indeed but even then the intent didn’t look there, you can get games where your plugging away and the final ball is just never right but you get a lucky break or a shot deflecting in or you cause a mistake etc as we seen for Chilly’s goal v Porto but we didn’t even do enough to get that. 

Tuchel will not be happy for sure. The line up wasn't that bad to start with tbf the issue was more the teams application. 

Do you know how gegenpressing works? Recovering balls is key in creating chances especially high up the pitch. Kante would've been key in us pressing Brighton high up the field and them pushing back which would've created more opportunities in transition.

Edited by Azul

1 minute ago, Azul said:

Bring Kante on, the fact you're not even mentioning that, shows that you don't know the importance of his presence.

i know his importance, he would certainly have improved our midfield but still our capacity to create opportunity to score wouldn't

Just now, BlueGuy said:

i know his importance, he would certainly have improved our midfield but still our capacity to create opportunity to score wouldn't

Don't people understand that:

Winning the midfield battle = Getting more opportunities offensively

This is football 101

I fucking hate the European League and it would be an absolute chore to watch this team playing in that next season. I’d rather finish fucking 10th then have to play in the EL again.

10 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

It's the same players we had all season. 

What did you expect? We knew they weren't good enough.

Can only pass backwards.

I think we've actually regressed from last season, when we at least showed promise of better things to come.

Yes, we've ground our way into the final and sf of Cups, but overall a lot of our performances have been boring, scrappy affairs where we score a goal. So many games where the opposition keepers have little to do of any note and it looks like TT is a manager who makes Jose's football look exciting.

10 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Looks like Tuchel’s Chelsea is very effective against big teams/big games but we are i  trouble against small sides who are OK with draw. Expect Palace game last week, I’ve hardly ever seen us pushing/pressing a weaker team to the wall.

IMO is a easy answers we know how to defence well and some opportunity with the teams who attack us we can create. With teams who defend in ordinary way and careful we can't  unluck them.

16 minutes ago, Azul said:

Why didn't he bring Kante on? Unbelievable and shocking decision making from Tuchel.

Remember when you got carried away after the Palace game? 😜

If anything, I would have brought Gilmour on. Be bold. Would also Gilmour to actually make forward passes from midfield. 

10 minutes ago, Azul said:

Don't people understand that:

Winning the midfield battle = Getting more opportunities offensively

This is football 101

I know how gengerpressing works, but if you win the ball ahead, the opposing team will defend lower, closing the space and we have always the same problem, nobody of our players is able to create opportunity for score.

If we sweep all our games but Citeh, we are on 70 points (for weeks I figured 72 to 74)

if Leicester lose to us and Manure, win the rest, they are on 71

If West Ham lose to us and win the rest, they are on 70 points, BUT we are +8 in GD, and beating them takes us yo at least +10

if Liverpool lose to Manure (this is massive game) and win the rest (they play ALL shit other that Manure) they are on 68, that draw was HUGE (Leeds)

so its up to us to win 5 of 6

and then Manure has to beat Pool, and if Manure and we beat Leicester, then one fuck up from Leicester and we get 3rd IF we win 5 of the 6

the huge problem is

our 6 games left

are

the hardest in the league of anyone

West Ham

Fulham

Citeh

Arsenal

Leicester

Villa

these 5 dropped points (West Brom and BHA) are disasters

as we have basically ZERO wiggle room other than one loss allowed (as long as that loss is not against West ham)

as long as Pool lose one more game (Manure BY far most likely)

then 5 wins and no one can catch us for 4th (again as long as that one loss is NOT against West ham)

18 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Forcing mistakes from pressing shouldn't be the main mode of our chance creation. 

I was just thinking earlier, we don't really seem to have any combination plays in the final third, do we? We still just seem to be relying on individuals to do something. We have won lots of games under Tuchel because we played well in patches during games and took our chances during that period, notably against the lesser sides.

15 minutes ago, Azul said:

Do you know how gegenpressing works? Recovering balls is key in creating chances especially high up the pitch. Kante would've been key in us pressing Brighton high up the field and them pushing back which would've created more opportunities in transition.

Aye, in theory thats how it works. Correct.

Throwing it out there as if it would of definitely done so isn’t a guarantee. Even more so saying one man would make the difference it relies on the whole team working together as a unit for it to work.  

The way your talking about it is as if Kante is winning the ball back from 11 players himself... counter pressing, its a team effort and tonight the intensity wasn’t there from most of of our players so it likely would of still been ineffective.