Chelsea 0-0 Brighton

Jase

1 minute ago, milka said:

"I was affected so I think the players were affected. We talk of nothing else but #SuperLeague before the match. Nobody asked about the match before. We tried to create an atmosphere to win the game but could not."

- Thomas Tuchel

I am not blaming Tuchel for that

I am blaming him for that shit line-up only

it cost us 2 VITAL points

Just now, Jason said:

As I was saying to @King Kante the other day, it might be easier for us to qualify for the Champions League by actually winning it considering we do better against the bigger teams than the smaller ones. 

well obviously we would ALL rather win the CL and just go off the rails in the EPL

but the CL is not remotely guaranteed at all, at all

17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We need a world class player in every part of the field. Games like these happen. But really world class players can turn this around with one moment of brilliance. How man my of these days were turned around by a late Lampard screamer or a towering frog a header deep into stoppage time? They did not even cover the distance bc they n we we can’t shoot. We did not even create a fkin corner. This was absolutely pathetic 

I can see how this is going to psn out.

This squad is nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title. We don't challenge again next season, so off we go and bring in another manager. Its going to take a progressive, attack minded manager  2 or 3 years to turn this around but we know they won't get that time, so we keep doing what used to work but won't work now. TT isn't that progressive, attack minded manager anyway, so we're probably looking at only winning Cups from now on.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Remember when you got carried away after the Palace game? 😜

If anything, I would have brought Gilmour on. Be bold. Would also Gilmour to actually make forward passes from midfield. 

Carried away with what?

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Forcing mistakes from pressing shouldn't be the main mode of our chance creation. 

I was just thinking earlier, we don't really seem to have any combination plays in the final third, do we? We still just seem to be relying on individuals to do something. We have won lots of games under Tuchel because we played well in patches during games and took our chances during that period, notably against the lesser sides.

Fully agree.

With regards to Ziyech and Pulisic I was disappointed but it was a tough game and you cannot play well every game. Mason played deeper and maybe it wasn’t great in a 2 either as it restricts him getting into those pockets and being the player most likely to link midfield and attack as he has done in previous games. 

The obvious shit surrounding ESL obviously affected the players maybe and Tuchel just said on sky he felt we were maybe distracted and maybe tired but ultimately he seems disappointed and reckons we did not deserve to win.

Edited by OneMoSalah

8 minutes ago, milka said:

"I was affected so I think the players were affected. We talk of nothing else but #SuperLeague before the match. Nobody asked about the match before. We tried to create an atmosphere to win the game but could not."

- Thomas Tuchel

We were evey bit as piss poor against Leeds, West Brom and others when there was no talk of the SL.This kind of performance is nothing new under you MR T.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Aye, in theory thats how it works. Correct.

Throwing it out there as if it would of definitely done so isn’t a guarantee. Even more so saying one man would make the difference it relies on the whole team working together as a unit for it to work.  

The way your talking about it is as if Kante is winning the ball back from 11 players himself... counter pressing, its a team effort and tonight the intensity wasn’t there from most of of our players so it likely would of still been ineffective.

It's not a theory, it's a fact. It's a fact that Kante would've helped the midfield press Brighton and do us a lot defensively.

However, this is a clear case of Chelsea fans underestimating the importance of Kante who's able to win the midfield battles. We couldn't get the ball past the midfield for most of the game, and that was the biggest reason why we couldn't create chances.

Our chances of being effective offensively and winning the game, would've been much better then keeping Mount in a position where he's not effective whatsoever. 

16 minutes ago, BlueGuy said:

I know how gengerpressing works, but if you win the ball ahead, the opposing team will defend lower, closing the space and we have always the same problem, nobody of our players is able to create opportunity for score.

We couldn't even get the ball past the midfield for 90% of the game bro.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fully agree.

With regards to Ziyech and Pulisic I was disappointed but it was a tough game and you cannot play well every game. Mason played deeper and maybe it wasn’t great in a 2 either as it restricts him getting into those pockets. 

The obvious shit surrounding ESL obviously affected the players maybe and Tuchel just said on sky he felt we were maybe distracted and maybe tired but ultimately he seems disappointed and reckons we did not deserve to win.

Just watched Tuchel's interview and I'm a bit baffled by his comments about tiredness. He was the one who said a week ago that this is not the time to make too many changes to the team and said that he maybe fielded too strong of a lineup at Wembley, which may have resulted in tonight's performance. Like WTF? 

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

It's not a theory, it's a fact. It's a fact that Kante would've helped the midfield press Brighton and do us a lot defensively.

However, this is a clear case of Chelsea fans underestimating the importance of Kante who's able to win the midfield battles. We couldn't get the ball past the midfield for most of the game, and that was the biggest reason why we couldn't create chances.

Our chances of being effective offensively and winning the game, would've been much better then keeping Mount in a position where he's not effective whatsoever. 

Yes win midfield battles more he would of helped. I certainly don’t underestimate Kante’s role as he is a world class player on his day still but we didn’t win tonight because he didn’t play.

Its all good winning the back and getting to the final third but that’s when your players need to make the difference. I imagine you seen how many folk were slagging how many times Kante gave the ball away v City too at the weekend/how many attacks he messed up in the match thread when it was on going 😂 or even participated... 

And again, you were talking about counter pressing as if its the only means of creating transitions or chances.... Tuchel just said our counter pressing wasn’t good in the post match, talking about us as a team, not Mount or Jorginho or whoever you think Kante would of played ahead of. I mean do you think one guy would of compensated for the other 10 not being up to the intensity or the team not counter pressing effective? It only works when everyone pulls their weight and go together when the press is triggered. 

We weren’t at it tonight and pretty much created 0 chances with over 120m worth of attacking players in our front three. Kante or no Kante we would of drew that game.

I do agree Mount deeper in a 2 wasn’t a good move, you want him higher up in the half spaces looking to take the ball on the half turn and link the attack. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just watched Tuchel's interview and I'm a bit baffled by his comments about tiredness. He was the one who said a week ago that this is not the time to make too many changes to the team and said that he maybe fielded too strong of a lineup at Wembley, which may have resulted in tonight's performance. Like WTF? 

Maybe just to deflect.

He’s not happy with the performance though and I would expect a response the next game. We seen it after Wolves, after Leeds and after West Brom. We need to as we cant afford to drop any more points now when teams around drop them.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe just to deflect.

He’s not happy with the performance though and I would expect a response the next game. We seen it after Wolves, after Leeds and after West Brom. We need to as we cant afford to drop any more points now when teams around drop them.

If he wants to deflect, he should just stick to the ESL distraction excuse and don't say anything else.