• Kovacic
    • Ziyech
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

Just now, Jason said:

It feels like the warning signs were already there in the last game against Sheffield United and things just blew up completely today. We were already pretty rubbish even before the red card happened. 

Without Kante and Mount we have no chance in most games. Also should have played Giroud if the plan was high balls into the box.

3 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Without Kante and Mount we have no chance in most games. Also should have played Giroud if the plan was high balls into the box.

1. If we can't beat West Brom without Kante and Mount, then we are really shit.

2. I don't think they are THAT important till the point we can't win most games without them, especially Mount. Only 2 weeks ago, we were lauding this team a lot for beating Atletico Madrid convincingly and that was without Mount.

3. Even if Kante had been fit today, I don't think he would have started considering we all thought West Brom were gonna just sit back and defend and his lack of passing ability would not have been useful. What transpired is a different story.

4. This match also showed I said several times last summer that we needed another defensive midfielder, a Kante backup. When he's out, we literally have no one that can come in and do what he does because Jorginho and Kovacic are absolutely useless defensively. We literally have not replaced Matic from ages ago!

9 minutes ago, Mana said:

Which other team did this and went along to be a title contender? The only one I can think of is...us ONE time with Conte.

I'm certainly not thinking of us being anywhere near title contenders next season, with or without Euro football.

I'm not a fan of TT, but no manager can do much with these players. That's why  I'm thinking of what's most important - fiddling along, hoping to scrape a Euro spot every year or accepting most of these players are simply not good enough and go for the long, hard job of a complete rebuild. 

4 consecutive seasons of mostly shite and mediocrity. There was a time when we could get away with the quick fix with yet another change of manager and think no further than the next season. That's clearly not working anymore!

3 minutes ago, chippy said:

I'm certainly not thinking of us being anywhere near title contenders next season, with or without Euro football.

I'm not a fan of TT, but no manager can do much with these players. That's why  I'm thinking of what's most important - fiddling along, hoping to scrape a Euro spot every year or accepting most of these players are simply not good enough and go for the long, hard job of a complete rebuild. 

4 consecutive seasons of mostly shite and mediocrity. There was a time when we could get away with the quick fix with yet another change of manager and think no further than the next season. That's clearly not working anymore!

you burnt all credibility by saying you hope we drop so far we do not even get EL

and no, you were not having a laugh

you can try and ex post facto gaslight us

but I see you

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

No idea how anyone can be Alonso > Chilwell after that. 

Who ever said it was spot on. I will take Chilwell at his worst over Alonso. 

And then i'll watch Chilwell play shite and say I'd take Alonso at his worst. That's the problem we have in too many positions.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you burnt all credibility by saying you hope we drop so far we do not even get EL

and no, you were not having a laugh

you can try and ex post facto gaslight us

but I see you

I made a short post then gave reasons why when questioned on it.

I've seen lots of fans of other teams say they'd prefer not to have EL football.

First freekick leads to yellow card, second one leads to Tiago sent off.
There were two terrible mistakes - infront of Tiago. Who made them ?
My commentry was in German so I did not understand.
After the sending off things became too dangerous and after the fluke equalizer it was a matter of time before Albion scored more.