• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Giroud
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Werner (sub)

4 hours ago, Azul said:

Yeah Pulisic is better everywhere at the moment, his dribbling/finishing/movement is ahead of Werners currently. I really think he'd do much better in that position.

Ziyech or Havertz can start instead of Mount because the boy needs to rest at some point. 

Yeah for sure. Would be my reasons to give Havertz a go.

Mount has been very good but even he'll get worn down without some rest. 

Edited by Blues11

We need a win against Man Utd very badly. I have two friends that are Man Utd fans....I cannot take the abuse I took with the Arsenal loss again. My emotional budget is spent. I do not care how we win. it just needs to happen!

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We need a win against Man Utd very badly. I have two friends that are Man Utd fans....I cannot take the abuse I took with the Arsenal loss again. My emotional budget is spent. I do not care how we win. it just needs to happen!

So, you're like Mana but with friends who are Man United fans instead. 🤪

If Kante can sit on Fernandes then we might have a very good chance of winning this one.

I'm thinking there's gonna be a red card and probably that c**t McTominey (or however you spell it).

Just need to keep Fernandes quiet and Utd fall apart. 

Edited by Muzchap

I agree that Ziyech looked better for the first time this year, when he came on Atletico. Wouldn't mind seeing him the lineup. That being said, I'm pretty sure we're going to see the same front 3 we saw against Atletico.

Don't quite agree with the calls to drop Mount, even if he needs rest.

As someone previously mentioned, this is one of our most important fixtures for the top 4 race, and a must win game. Tuchel will not want to rest one of his best attacking players for this kind of fixture. Maybe against the likes of Burnley, not Man Utd.

13 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I agree that Ziyech looked better for the first time this year, when he came on Atletico. Wouldn't mind seeing him the lineup. That being said, I'm pretty sure we're going to see the same front 3 we saw against Atletico.

Don't quite agree with the calls to drop Mount, even if he needs rest.

As someone previously mentioned, this is one of our most important fixtures for the top 4 race, and a must win game. Tuchel will not want to rest one of his best attacking players for this kind of fixture. Maybe against the likes of Burnley, not Man Utd.

Especially as it is Utd. Key to beating them is to not let them break. As a result you need your forward line to press them quickly before they release. Mount is our best player for this. No way is he dropped for someone like Ziyech. 

14 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

What I'd like to see:

Mendy; James Silva Azpi; Chilwell Kanté Mount CHO; Havertz Werner Abraham.

What we'll probably see:

Mendy; Azpi Silva Rüdiger; Alonso Kovacic Jorginho CHO; Giroud Werner Mount. 

Kovacic and Jorgi both on the bench? They are dictating games for Tuchel so far

Edited by Strike

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Chilwell makes sense because AWB won't do a bloody thing against us that right side. We can afford to leave open space for Chilwell to push up. 

If TT still has not seen the light how impotent we are on the left when Alonso plays, he never will. The only hope remains that the board reminds him that there is a 50m signing on the bench.

I really hope we see some variation of the linup i posted in the Tuchel thread. But i doubt it.

--------James----Silva---Zouma----

CHO----Mount-----Kova/kante----Chilwell-

----------Ziyech/Kai---Werner/Puli-------

------------Tammy/Kai/Giroud----------

would give us plenty of attacking options tho and rotate some of our overplayed guys. The good thing is if we do rotate we actually end up with a better team on paper. What we can not afford is to consistently play 3 absolute snails in alonso, giroud and jorginho. We will get counter attacked to death by Manures insane pace if TT persists on this.

I like how TT has given us this ability to suffocate the life of other teams with our high-line and posession but in this particular fixture it can be our downfall. We always have pletny of it vs them. They invite you in and then hit you on the break. we should give them some of their own medicine. Their defensive centre is their weakness IMO. Maguire, lindelöf, mctominay, fred, matic all struggle when isolated and run at. Play Werner, Puli and Tammy and charge the hell out of them.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Chilwell makes sense because AWB won't do a bloody thing against us that right side. We can afford to leave open space for Chilwell to push up. 

You are forgetting the pace of Greenwood. That dude is seriously quick. Alonso vs him will be a car crash...

Seeing articles linking us to buy a striker and defender in the summer. 

We need a CB sure. 

We need a striker sure.

But we also need a midfielder IMHO- we need to move some of our dead wood and grab somebody creative that can unlock defences. Unless Havertz comes good.

5 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

You are forgetting the pace of Greenwood. That dude is seriously quick. Alonso vs him will be a car crash...

And there lies the brilliance of this system. It allows Rudiger to cover that right side. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

And there lies the brilliance of this system. It allows Rudiger to cover that right side. 

Yeah but if Alonso starts I'm worried 😟

Rudiger will cover but that will leave gaps.

Much prefer having Chilly bombing back.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If that's the case just play Puli/CHO as LWB.